Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

First free UFC event on Spike (TONIGHT - Sat)

Old 08-06-05, 10:19 PM
Suspended

First free UFC event on Spike (TONIGHT - Sat)

It isn't just three fights like last time - it's reportedly eight (8) fights. Enjoy.

E
Old 08-06-05, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Watching. You can tell these guys are mostly rookies. So far the fight that impressed me most was Leben/Cote. The most impressive fighter of the night was been Swick. He actually fought Gideon Ray and knocked him out in 22 seconds.
Old 08-07-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What a weak stoppage. Not particularly "ultimate".

das
Old 08-07-05, 01:00 PM

leben/cote, and bonnar/hogar were good fights, although both fairly sloppy and bonnar was seriously gassed after 2 rounds.

Pete Spratt needs to stick to smaller shows. He looked like he didn't want to be there, which is disappointing since i was hoping he'd punt Koscheck's head into the sixth row.

Nate Marquardt and Ivan Salaverry put on one of the most boring fights i've ever seen. Its got to be up there with Kimo/Dan Severn. I've been hearing about how great Nate is for years, and to finally see him "fight" like that is a let down, to say the least. That's the worst main event since Tito/Vladdy (randy/vitor II doesn't count).

Overall a decent show, with way too many AWFUL commercials (i'm looking at you Burger King) and a really bad main event that brought the whole show down a notch. Its a shame they didn't show the other two prelim fights, they sounded really good.

P.S. Cecil Peoples sucks donkey balls as a ref.
Old 08-07-05, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MahatmaPetey
leben/cote, and bonnar/hogar were good fights, although both fairly sloppy and bonnar was seriously gassed after 2 rounds.

Pete Spratt needs to stick to smaller shows. He looked like he didn't want to be there, which is disappointing since i was hoping he'd punt Koscheck's head into the sixth row.

Nate Marquardt and Ivan Salaverry put on one of the most boring fights i've ever seen. Its got to be up there with Kimo/Dan Severn. I've been hearing about how great Nate is for years, and to finally see him "fight" like that is a let down, to say the least. That's the worst main event since Tito/Vladdy (randy/vitor II doesn't count).

Overall a decent show, with way too many AWFUL commercials (i'm looking at you Burger King) and a really bad main event that brought the whole show down a notch. Its a shame they didn't show the other two prelim fights, they sounded really good.

P.S. Cecil Peoples sucks donkey balls as a ref.
I was really dissappointed with Pete Spratt.His standup seemed awesome the way he stopped Robbie Lawler but he REALLY NEEDS to work on his ground game. Everytime he gets taken down he's completely clueless.At this stage thats unacceptable He doesn't need to be Carlos Newton on the ground but he needs to learn to defend and get back to his feet.

Last edited by Manco; 08-07-05 at 04:02 PM.