Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE's Lord Alfred Hayes dies

Old 07-21-05, 02:23 PM
Suspended

WWE's Lord Alfred Hayes dies

LORD ALFRED HAYES PASSES AWAY AT 77
by Buck Woodward @ 2:10:00 PM on 7/21/2005

Slam Wrestling is reporting that Lord Alfred Hayes, best known as an announcer during WWF's big 1980's expansion period, passed away yesterday at age 77. Hayes had been dealing with a number of health issues over the last several years.

While his time in the national spotlight came from playing a comical character on Tuesday Night Titans and other WWF programs, Hayes worked as a serious wrestler and heel manager in Texas and Florida as well as other territories throughout the 60's and 70's.

Recently, WWE reissued Andre The Giant, an old Coliseum Home Video hosted by Hayes, on DVD.

PWInsider.com sends our condolences to the family, friends, and fans of Lord Alfred Hayes.
Old 07-21-05, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
LORD ALFRED HAYES PASSES AWAY AT 77
by Buck Woodward @ 2:10:00 PM on 7/21/2005

Recently, WWE reissued Andre The Giant, an old Coliseum Home Video hosted by Hayes, on DVD.
LB: Damm! I just watched this DVD yesterday and was thinking of sending a email this morning to that PWInsider.com Q&A asking what Lord Alfred Hayes is up to! But something came up and I couldn't send out an email. Went onto the PWInsider.com website to send the email and saw the unfortunate news. Man, I was I shocked! Well I did get an answer but unfortunately not one I wanted.

Hopefully the WWE was able to get mention of his passing for tonight Smackdown, if not hopefully a video tribute during Heat/Velocity-one of the weekend shows which he was always seem to be a part of. (Wasn't he the co-host of All American Wrestling with Gorillia Moonsoon/Bobby Heenan at one time?)

RIP Lord Alfred Hayes! Say hi to Gorilla and Andre for us!

Last edited by LaxBandit; 07-21-05 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-21-05, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend