Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE RAW 7/18 - "Will Hogan Accept?"

Old 07-18-05, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

WWE RAW 7/18 - "Will Hogan Accept?"

July 18, 2005

Two weeks ago, Shawn Michaels laid out the Immortal Hulk Hogan with "Sweet Chin Music." Last week he was on Piper's Pit and told Hogan that there was a price to pay for immortality. Then, before laying out a second-straight Hall of Famer in Piper, he challenged Hogan to a one-on-one matchup for SummerSlam. It would be The Legend vs. The Icon. Will Hogan answer his challenge and give the fans "one more match?"

[Matt Hardy alert]WWE.com has just learned that Edge and Kane will square off in a rematch from last week. This time, however, all outside interference will be eliminated, as both Superstars will compete inside a steel cage.[/Matt Hardy alert]

Plus, the 2005 RAW Diva Search is well underway, and with last week's talent competition, it has been kicked into high gear. Alexis was sent home last week. This week, one more girl gets eliminated. Then the trash talking begins. Be sure to watch RAW tonight to find out which girl is the best trash talker of them all. Who's going to be the cum guzzling skank whore this time? ALL OF THEM!

Also, John Cena vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam was announced by RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff, who received Cena's FU finisher for his trouble. With his authority challenged in brash fashion, how will Bischoff respond on RAW? And now that the match has been made, will the two Superstars be able to stay apart until SummerSlam, or will their emotions overflow?
Old 07-18-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hogan makes me cry.
Old 07-18-05, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm gonna go on record and say that Hogan will accept the chalenge, rip of his shirt, and say brother at least a half dozen times.
Old 07-18-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hahaha. I loved the BORING chant the crowd was doing during the divas. You could hear someone saying "come on guys" or something.

Good lord I hate that audioslave song.
Old 07-18-05, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Shelton looked pretty shaky going off the top ropes
Old 07-18-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
I'm gonna go on record and say that Hogan will accept the chalenge, rip of his shirt, and say brother at least a half dozen times.
I counted 15.
Old 07-18-05, 10:22 PM
Suspended

This show is daring me to keep watching. They better do that "one thing" again this week that's made me keep coming back.
Old 07-18-05, 10:22 PM
Suspended

Wow, what an elusive "escape" from security by Matt Hardy.
Old 07-18-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by on the heels of good news...
The Spike TV deal for TNA is said to be signed, sealed and delivered, and there is a legal issue, which will be expiring imminently, that has delayed the announcement. As soon as the issue expires, which I'm told is "moments away," the announcement would be made, so very possibly tomorrow. TNA in its videos teased the deal was already done in cryptic fashion on last night's PPV show.
thoughts on RAW (7/18/05)

Lumberjack Match... Eh. We'll see...

A cage match between Edge & Kane... We all know where this is going...

Carlito v. Shelton...

These two put on a decent match, but Carlito needs new ring attire.

Angle Invitational... You know what would be great, if they do the Master Lock Challenge next...

HAHAHA at Angle mouthing "What the fuck..."

I knew this dude would be back... He's not that bad of wrestler and can talk pretty good too.

"European Upper-Cut Forarm!" What the fuck is that... I really find JR annoying when he over-sells people's "passion."

OOOOO Nice boot to the face...

This guy's got so much drive and passion... How come it took less then 1 second to tap?

Oh 'cause we need to bring the Diva Search out...

Well tonight's the "Smack Talking" part... Now we see what kind of potty mouthed pigs they really are... I love it.

Answer most commonly given: "I don't think she has what it takes."

The boring chant... "Dancing professionally..." HAHAHA

This video segment SUCKS!!! They all think they'd make great models!!! HAHAHA

"Ashley's too tough for the WWE..." That's the point, MORON!

Simona's cut, oh well Kristal will go next week IMO...

Is it me or does it seem like they cut that due to the fan's reaction??? Whatever the reason, good choice.

Boogeyman... Looks like a cool indie flick, but probably a terrible wrestling character.

"If it's not white, it's not right..." WOW That's a ballsy line to throw out there under recent incedents...

Battle of the Bands... Could be a cool non-wrestling segment.

Chris Master... Can't they just give me 20 more minutes of commercials?

This is the dumbest shit they've done in a while... And they keep trying to push it.

Rosey needs to lay off the fatty foods... Thank God that's over!

I almost forgot the Big Show still worked here...

No nuts... Funny... That Master Lock will show up at SummerSlam.

Edge & Lita... I love how they're selling this angle. "Who we're not suppose to talk about."

Great stuff.

Hulk Hogan... glad to see they're pushing this story up in the show... They should end it with Hardy. But it'll probably be the Lumber Jack.

Hogan's son hanging with Bam Margera... HAHAHA Awesome...

"The Passion... Level you've never been... Immortality has a price..." Is he gonna pull a Jesus freak character out of the box?

Hogan pulls out the old man "Back in my day..." thing. HA

I gotta give it to the old dog... He can still sell a damn good promo.

The guys all assembled in the token heel locker room... But who's the guy in the shades, wearing a woman's hat?

Up Next: This is the match we've been waiting a week for...

OH MY GOD! That SummerSlam ad is the hottest shit!!! We need a UNCUT version of that!

Bring on the Matt Hardy show...

Edge's entrance lights make Kane look really creepy...

YES!!! Oh come on, let 'em go... "Peice of shit." Goes unedited... And they run him right by Bam... HA

That kiss through the cage was so "prison movie!"

Edge's new hair cut looks like a poodle's ears...

Kane's bloody face laugh = That's fucked up...

Hardy's gotta come back and get in the cage...

Does anyone else notice the pre-cut holes in the cage (the side oposite ramp/screen), so they can climb in/out?

I guess they're not backing down from that terroist angle...

She plays the dumby roll perfect... HAHAHA

Good Cena promo...

This match just seems like a throw away... But I get it, they're building up Cena as a fighter with a ton of heart and blah blah blah...

Jericho is swearing his ass off during this match...

Jesus! Shelton just flew off those steps...

Big Vis... PRISON RAPE! PRISON RAPE!!!

Nice ending to the show... Went out on a upward motion...
Old 07-18-05, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's amazing that I can enjoy a show with three matches and a lot of garbage because of the three matches. I really liked the cage match and am excited about the stretcher match next week. I am tired of Hardy, though.
Old 07-19-05, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So, what is the the point of a feud with Edge & Kane? If anything, Hardy should be feuding with Edge and Kane should feud with both Edge & Hardy for breaking kayfabe.
Old 07-19-05, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Hogan makes me cry.
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP

"You and me BOTH, Brother!"
apologies to mikewendt
thoughts on RAW (7/18/05)

The boring chant...HAHAHA - Surprised the monkeys in the booth didn't try to get "creative" with that...

Hogan's son hanging with Bam Margera... HAHAHA Awesome... - Have no idea who the hell that is. And like the Diva search, could care less.

The guys all assembled in the token heel locker room... But who's the guy in the shades, wearing a woman's hat? - I was wondering the same thing. But then I realized I didn't care.

OH MY GOD! That SummerSlam ad is the hottest shit!!! We need a UNCUT version of that! - I really hate to say this, but I totally agree.

Bring on the Matt Hardy show... - Wow. Way to fuck up a good angle. Wonder how many times Hardy's gonna "run-in" just to get "squashed" by security...maybe i'll pay the $70 on his website to see what's up. umm...nah.

Big Vis... PRISON RAPE! PRISON RAPE!!! - This was probably the most disturbing thing i've seen in a while...
Other than that, this show sucked.
Old 07-19-05, 04:58 AM

During the Cena match, JR yelled 'NO! NO! NO!' when Snitsky had a near fall. Coach said "No? I thought you were calling this right down the middle?" and JR replied "You think entirely too much".

But I was thinking the same thing. Does that mean I'm too smart to watch the WWE?

The best part of the show was the summerslam commercial. Victoria spraying water on herself....mmm. I didn't see Ivory though. I guess she was vacuuming the interior.

Shelton has zero balance left. He might want to see a doctor.
D
Old 07-19-05, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can Trips stay on vacation please?

For the first time in a long time I wanted to watch the whole show to see what would happen...the last time I remember feeling like that, was when the NWO first "invaded" WCW. The Matt Hardy angle has me hooked.
Old 07-19-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This show sucked pretty bad. I liked the cage match but that was about it.

Shelton Benjamin has some serious issues. Did he fall flat on his face when he ran out in the end? It looked like he was going to fast and tried to jump the steps and missed. What a loser.

I can't believe Cena and Snitsky is a main event. I like Cena well enough but...Blah.

Didn't see Bam Margera anywhere....and I'm glad.

Hogan needs to get a thesaurus. I'm sure there are other words you can use in place of DUDE. Oh yeah.... BROTHER.
Old 07-19-05, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo
So, what is the the point of a feud with Edge & Kane? If anything, Hardy should be feuding with Edge and Kane should feud with both Edge & Hardy for breaking kayfabe.
That is a damn good idea and might make me want to see Hardy.

It doesn't make sense for Hardy to keep popping in while progressing with the Kane-Edge storyline, but they just can't help themselves. He didn't even plug ROH this week.
Old 07-19-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty good show this week. Edge cut an excellent promo and showed some personallity for the first time in a while. It would be nice to see some different matches than Edge/Kane & Shelton/Carlito every week.

On a side note, Earl Hebner was fired today by the WWE for selling mechandise without authorization. Candaians everywhere a rejociing.
Old 07-19-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
Scratch out brother and replace that with dude.
Old 07-19-05, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601
On a side note, Earl Hebner was fired today by the WWE for selling mechandise without authorization. Candaians everywhere a rejociing.
That's funny as hell...
Old 07-19-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 07-19-05, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Who else wants to see HBK beat HH up with an oxygen tank.
Old 07-19-05, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Earl Hebner getting fired is hilarious. Karma is a bitch, ain't it Earl.
Old 07-20-05, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's pretty sad considering Hebner was the highest paid ref too
Old 07-20-05, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by edytwinky
That's pretty sad considering Hebner was the highest paid ref too
Heck Hebner is the only ref I would recognize on the street and know by name...

Never understood why he was always subject to the "screw Bret" chants, but not McMahon or Michaels?
Old 07-20-05, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig
Heck Hebner is the only ref I would recognize on the street and know by name...
Well, I would recognize Nick Patrick.

Never understood why he was always subject to the "screw Bret" chants, but not McMahon or Michaels?
Yeah, like a ref's decision in any wrestling venue would hold any power.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.