Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

SmackDown! (7-7-05)

Old 07-08-05, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

SmackDown! (7-7-05)

thoughts on SmackDown!...

What I found interesting about the bWo/JBL thing is something Stevie said...

"The bWo is officially apart of SmackDown..." If this means Nova's dumping Simon Dean, I'm all for it...

Booker and Benoit are great workers... Decent match. Why they're still putting Sharmel on TV is beyond me. I got the Kurt Angle storyline, but now it's over and she's really not needed...

Eddie's so good as a heel... How much you want to bet the secret is, Eddie is Domonic's real father?

I still have no interest in Hassan... Fast Forward.

Meanie needs to get back on the TrimSpa diet he was on back in '99-'00...

Despite, being kind of a throw away match. It's a step in the right direction for WWE... They're taking real life issues and capitolizing off them on TV... So when's Matt Hardy coming back?

Nice moonsault by Meanie...

"Who's that?" - Tazz (refering to Batista) Only the top guy on you show...

The "clothsline for hell" doesn't seem to have the visual impact it did a few years ago.

MNM... IMO, they're the future of the business if they can be smart about... They also need a little bit more carisma, and less gimmicky bullshit. It's been said but, Melina does have the best God damn ring entrance... And she's a prime example of how to hire a "Diva." She was a indie wrestler with mic talent. Bingo. Not a stripper that looks more out of place in the ring, than in church...

The tag division is such a fucking joke... They're using a Tag Title match to get over a singles feud...

Nobody likes the 619... Not even Eddie... HA.

Eddie makes me laugh... I'm such a "root for the bad guy" type of person...

"...and your breath stinks, try a mint..."
"CAUSE I'M CAPTIAN CARISMA BITCH!!!"
Fucking awsome...

Oh boy... Undertaker vs. Divari... How did we get so lucky?

Matt Morgan's last appearance...

"Blockbuster, post-draft, lottery trade..." Gimme a break.

I like these guys... Mexicools are ok in my book... But they need to start wrestling and stop talking.

William Regal was hysterical in this segment. Telling the fan next to him, "I'm staying up here."

Wow, they're really playing up the terrorist thing with Hassan & Divari... You're a sacrifice... Yikes.

Oh my god!!! The fucking Al Qaeda... This is pushing it... Bad timing with the London thing happening. That would explain the Parental Advisory running on the bottom of the screen all night...

This should be a decent match... Two more guys representing the future of the business.

All in all, not a bad episode this week...
Old 07-08-05, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With all the parental advisories I thought that there was going to be something horrendous. I didn't think it was that bad.
Old 07-08-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is it just me or does Christian constantly put out good matches?

I'm digging the MexiCools but like mikewendt said, they need to start wrestling now.
Old 07-09-05, 02:08 AM

I think the entire veiwing audience had the same reaction when the terrorists hit the ring. W....T....F?????? Vince has lost his mind. Even without the London bombings, that was way over the top.

D
Old 07-09-05, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by scottall
With all the parental advisories I thought that there was going to be something horrendous. I didn't think it was that bad.
Yeah, re-enacting a beheading video isn't that bad. This company's a freaking joke. The angle got no reaction, was in bad taste, was in even worse taste because of the London incident, and they STILL ran it, even though they could've cut it.
Old 07-10-05, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No reaction? This has gotten the biggest reaction for Smackdown in a long time. They didn't air this in the U.K., but I would be against them cutting that segment in the U.S. I didn't think it was accurate enough to be that disturbing.
Old 07-10-05, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Al Padrino
Yeah, re-enacting a beheading video isn't that bad. This company's a freaking joke. The angle got no reaction, was in bad taste, was in even worse taste because of the London incident, and they STILL ran it, even though they could've cut it.
Yeah, well at least they've never showed any instances of necrophilia..
Old 07-11-05, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Yeah, well at least they've never showed any instances of necrophilia..
Shown, no... But wasn't that "Kane/Katie Vick" angle about Kane fucking a dead girl?
Old 07-11-05, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
sarcasm mike

next time i'll add the since Pilot was kind enough to add it to our list..
Old 07-11-05, 06:44 PM

Gotchya...
Old 07-12-05, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

From TVGuide.com:

LOW BLOW: UPN is coming under fire for an installment of WWE Smackdown that appeared to depict a terrorist-like attack in the ring. The sketch which aired last Thursday, the same day as the bombings in London featured five Arabs in ski masks choking WWE wrestler the Undertaker while another Arab wrestler knelt in the corner and prayed. Per Variety, UPN claims they were unable to alter the episode in time for broadcast. "Due to the tragic events in London, we took the added measure of running an advisory four times throughout the broadcast so that viewers could make the appropriate viewing decision for their household," the network said in a statement. "We will continue to monitor the situation involving this character and story line." Meanwhile, WWE spokesman Gary Davis is urging viewers to tune in this Thursday to see how the plot "gets straightened out." If you don't, then the terrorists will have won.
Old 07-12-05, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend