DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Sports Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk-31/)
-   -   Anti All-Stars....which starting position players are the worst in MLB? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk/429569-anti-all-stars-starting-position-players-worst-mlb.html)

wabio 07-06-05 09:32 PM

Anti All-Stars....which starting position players are the worst in MLB?

So the All Star roster is set. Now for the "scrubs" list. Who makes the team? Let's see if we can collectively put together a list of the worst possible starters for the first half of 2005.

I'll start....

AL
-----------------
C......John Buck (KC)
1B.....Travis Lee (TB)
2B.....Mark Bellhorn (BOS)
SS....Juan Uribe (CWS)
3B......Sammy Sosa (BAL)
OF......Richard Hidalgo (TEX)
OF.....Tony Womack (NYY)
OF

SP's(?).....Jose Lima (KC)
RP's(?).....Alan Embree (BOS)

NL
-----------------
C......Brad Ausmus (HOU)
1B
2B......Rich Aurilia (CIN)
SS.....Christian Guzman (WAS)
3B......Mike Lowell (FLA)
OF......Chris Burke (HOU)
OF......Tike Redman (PIT)
OF

SP's(?)......Eric Milton (CIN), Claudio Vargas (ARI)
RP's(?)......Danny Graves (NYM), Dan Kolb (ATL), LaTroy Hawkins (SFO)

Elldubtoo 07-06-05 09:36 PM

Is salary a factor?

twikoff 07-06-05 09:40 PM

i dont guess raul mondesi counts anymore

wabio 07-06-05 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Elldubtoo
Is salary a factor?

No. Like for regular All Stars.....it's not a factor.

Don't say Giambi. ;)

Elldubtoo 07-06-05 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by wabio
Don't say Giambi. ;)

What are you, a mind reader?!!!!!!!!

Bacon 07-06-05 10:58 PM

No. Like for regular All Stars.....it's not a factor.

Don't say Giambi. ;)

Giambi, Jeter,Bernie Williams, A-Rod, who am I leaving out?

Elldubtoo 07-06-05 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
Giambi, Jeter,Bernie Williams, A-Rod, who am I leaving out?

The pitchers...

Brown, Mussina, Pavano, etc.

Jericho 07-06-05 11:41 PM

Brad Ausmus should basically have a spot reserved for him on a team like this

wabio 07-07-05 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jericho
Brad Ausmus should basically have a spot reserved for him on a team like this

sounds good to me. :)

Third Baseman 07-07-05 12:30 AM

Rich Aurilia [2B, NL]

wabio 07-07-05 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Third Baseman
Rich Aurilia [2B, NL]

Hmmm....you don't think Junior Spivey is more qualified?

GuessWho 07-07-05 12:46 AM

The Lakers :lol:

Third Baseman 07-07-05 01:01 AM

Hmmm....you don't think Junior Spivey is more qualified?

Nah, Spivey knows how to get on base and he isn't an ass. :)

Both can make it thou, one can backup.

nickdawgy 07-07-05 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
The Lakers :lol:

Man, the haters aren't even trying anymore.

coladar 07-07-05 03:31 AM

I'm not sure how Vargas has done since he's been in Arizona a while now. But when he was with the Nat's, god was he horrible. And I was curious after the Nat's dumped him on Arizona, and watched his first start with them. The second inning the score was already something like 9 to 0. If he isn't coaching little league by now, he has to be a contender for worst SP.

*edit* Holy f'ing shit. I went on the Diamondback's site after posting this out of curiousity. I see he's pitching their next game on their main page. Then I see his ERA. 7.78. Holy shit. He's still pitching, and he's got a 7.78 ERA? ... Yeah, I think he wins the SP spot for the NL.

If you don't believe me, click on this... http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/...567&statType=2 He had a 14.29 ERA in one game! And the game before that, a 10.80 ERA. The game after that? 11.74.

How the hell could any team have this guy still starting? Did Vargas assasinate all the other Diamondback pitchers to remain in the starting rotation? I pity you Diamondback fans for having to put up with this loser.

Third Baseman 07-07-05 09:26 AM

Probally cause he struck out 8 in 6.2 IP while only giving up 3 ER and then striking out 4 in 5 IP while giving up 2 ER in his last two starts .. plus he's 3-0 in his last three starts. ;)

mautos 07-07-05 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by coladar
I'm not sure how Vargas has done since he's been in Arizona a while now. But when he was with the Nat's, god was he horrible. And I was curious after the Nat's dumped him on Arizona, and watched his first start with them. The second inning the score was already something like 9 to 0. If he isn't coaching little league by now, he has to be a contender for worst SP.

*edit* Holy f'ing shit. I went on the Diamondback's site after posting this out of curiousity. I see he's pitching their next game on their main page. Then I see his ERA. 7.78. Holy shit. He's still pitching, and he's got a 7.78 ERA? ... Yeah, I think he wins the SP spot for the NL.

If you don't believe me, click on this... http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/...567&statType=2 He had a 14.29 ERA in one game! And the game before that, a 10.80 ERA. The game after that? 11.74.

How the hell could any team have this guy still starting? Did Vargas assasinate all the other Diamondback pitchers to remain in the starting rotation? I pity you Diamondback fans for having to put up with this loser.

wow you've really got something against the guy don't you? Ted Lilly has a 5.6 something ERA right now, and he's won like 5 of his last 6 decisions...and he's pitched quite well. Maybe Vargas is still working down an inflated early season ERA, who knows...

Jericho 07-07-05 09:52 AM

ooooh, I remembered another good one, RP Travis Harper, Devil Rays

He actually was solid in 2003 and 2004, but has allowed 41 ER in 45.3 innings for an ERA of 8.14! It was actually above nine until just recently. How you can be that bad and still remain in the majors as a RP is pretty difficult. I wonder what the record is for most ERs by a reliever in a season is. Because if you suck enough, you usually lose your job.

Third Baseman 07-07-05 10:07 AM

Can't forget Danny Graves! :D

neo247 07-07-05 10:24 AM

Bellhorn, Millar, Mueller, Nixon, Foulke, Schilling, Embree.............who did I leave out?

twikoff 07-07-05 11:05 AM

Dan Kolb has got to be #1 on the NL RP list

raven56706 07-07-05 11:14 AM

Kirk Reuter.... he sucks

Mordred 07-07-05 11:26 AM

I think Richard Hidalgo deserves consideration for AL RF.

Batting .207 with a .281 OBP. He does have 13 HR and 35 RBIs, but 8 of those HR came when he got hot for a couple weeks in May and raised his average from .167 to .240. He's been back to sucking ever since.

wabio 07-07-05 11:40 AM

I'll put Hidalgo in until we can think of somebody worse.

Elldubtoo 07-07-05 11:58 AM

wabio,
please make updates and add Giambi