Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

MLB Wednesday July 6th

Old 07-06-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damon with a 22 game hit streak, the longest in the majors this year. Almost half way to Dimaggio.
Old 07-06-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Edmonds starts the game out w/ a bang.
Old 07-06-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Bottom of the 8th, Clement at 107 pitches, the meat of the Texas order coming up, and Clement is still in.

Oh, yeah, that just screams 'confidence' in your bullpen......

EDIT: OK, I don't care how fast he set them down this time; he just gave up two more runs in the seventh......
Old 07-06-05, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Arrrggghhh.

Tito let Clement go this far, then pulls him, one out away from a complete game.

Looper, I mean Embree, on........
Old 07-07-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Hell of a pitcher's duel in AZ tonight. 1 run 2 hit ball for both Vazquez and Carpenter.
Old 07-07-05, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Holy fuck. Props to the Cards for the suicide squeeze. Sad thing is, Thom Brenneman and Matt Williams told them it was coming and sure enough, it did. Unreal.
Old 07-07-05, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So much for Guillen and Hernandez's streaks for the Nats. Last three games in this series have been odd. The two I think most anticipated the Nats would win, they lost, and the one everyone expected they'd lose against Martinez, they win.

And instead of bumping the MLB post from yesterday, in regards to Red Dog's comment about RFK ushers... They don't give a shit about the 200 section. Although I was in 215 (Somehow got a seat in row two just a week before the game) last night and had some asshole demand to see my ticket for the first time. I've been to 25 games so far, none above the 200 section, and never had my ticket checked before at that point. But if you have a seat in the 100s, or try to get down there without one... Good luck.

The ushers are nazis at that point. I was in 126 one night, in the back row, end seat sitting right next to the usher. He wants to see my ticket when I sit down, fine. So the guy is sitting two feet away, I was talking to him off and on during the game and I get up to use the restroom. Come back, he wants to see my ticket again. I get up to grab a beer and pizza, come back and he wants to see my ticket again. The guy did it to everyone and was a total dick, but he seems to be typical of the ushers for the 100 level.

I was sitting in the 100 level tonight, and even the bottom of the 9th with two outs left and half the people gone the usher wouldn't let a kid that couldn't have been 7 sit in one of the empty seats for the five minutes the game had left. But yeah, if you're content with the 200 level, it's stupid to pay $45 for a ticket.
Old 07-07-05, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just curious. Does anyone here think Big Frank will hit 30 homers this year?
Old 07-07-05, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
And the dodgers pull out a win using the 51's. Wow, that was some good hits there. Lets see if all these newbies can keep it up while the DL list grows and grows.
Old 07-07-05, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Deftones
Holy fuck. Props to the Cards for the suicide squeeze. Sad thing is, Thom Brenneman and Matt Williams told them it was coming and sure enough, it did. Unreal.
Got to love smallball, baby.