Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw: 6/27/05

Old 06-27-05, 11:48 AM
Suspended

WWE Raw: 6/27/05

I'll be tuning in to a WWE show for the first time in about 2 years. I wonder how long before I lose interest!
Old 06-27-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It should be a good one. We'll have the last two draft picks and the pay per view was awesome last night.
Old 06-27-05, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's the preview...

Hell in a Cell - the day after
June 27, 2005

Batista and Triple H tore each other apart in the demonic structure known as Hell in a Cell. Both absorbed punishment from a chain, barbed-wire steel chair, sledgehammer and metal ring steps — in addition to bloodying blows from the unforgiving Cell itself. In the end, Batista emerged still World Heavyweight Champion, surviving a Pedigree and turning back the 10-time former world champion.

But what awaits the Animal on RAW fewer than 24 hours after the most brutal beating of his life? Will it be a night of celebration, or will those with their eye on the prize look to strike while Batista is in a weakened state?

To the delight of the Chain Gang, John Cena will walk into Anaheim, Calif., with the WWE Championship … and likely a few words for opponents Chris Jericho and Christian. How will Y2J and “Captain Charisma” respond after coming so very close to capturing the WWE Championship, only to see it slip away?

Intercontinental Champion Carlito made it two-for-two against Shelton Benjamin, again reaching into his bag of tricks to earn a crucial win. After coming up just short at Vengeance, where does Shelton go from here?
Lita must also be wondering what will happen next after watching her fiancée Edge fall at the hands of furious Kane.

It certainly seemed like things aren’t settled between Christy and Victoria after what went down at Vengeance. Will the fiery redhead get her hands on Victoria on RAW? And after watching her new love Viscera leave her in most unusual fashion on Sunday, what does the brokenhearted Lilian Garcia do now?

In addition, don’t miss the dramatic finale of RAW’s half of the Draft Lottery as two Superstars move from SmackDown! to Monday nights. After seeing marquee names such as John Cena, Kurt Angle and Carlito drafted, who’s next and what impact will it have on RAW?
Old 06-27-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
I'll be tuning in to a WWE show for the first time in about 2 years. I wonder how long before I lose interest!
Well, since it doesn't look like we'll be subjected to an hour long soliloquy from Triple H, it could be while Christy "wrestles". Or how 'bout while watching Viscera do anything? If not, then most assuredly during the "Diva" search segment.
Old 06-27-05, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

John Cena will be in Tower Records Shinjuku for his album signing.
Old 06-27-05, 10:45 PM
Suspended

"Kevin Nash would pull a hamstring just picking up the phone." - Jericho
Old 06-27-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not very interesting, but they sure got that ECW PPV to DVD fast!
Old 06-27-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
Big Show and Rob Van Dam

Are tonights final RAW draft picks.
Old 06-28-05, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Spoiler:
Big Show and Rob Van Dam

Are tonights final RAW draft picks.
Smackdown tapings took place right after Raw.

Here are the final 2 drafts to Smackdown:

Spoiler:
Christian & Batista
Old 06-28-05, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

and the 6-man smackdown title match vacancy left by
Spoiler:
big show
is filled by
Spoiler:
christian
Old 06-28-05, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GuessWho

Spoiler:
Christian & Batista
I figured as much.
Old 06-28-05, 07:37 AM

and the 6-man smackdown title match vacancy left by
Spoiler:
big show
is filled by
Spoiler:
christian
That sucks, that really sucks.
Old 06-28-05, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

so wait... the big show gets drafted by raw and then gets drafted back

edit:
Spoiler:
Christian & Batista

this is the right one.....i just read it on another website

Last edited by raven56706; 06-28-05 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-28-05, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706
so wait... the big show gets drafted by raw and then gets drafted back
maybe you misunderstood me. with big show moving to raw, that leaves an empty spot in this week's 6-man titlematch to determine a new smackdown champion.
Spoiler:
christian
will join that match instead
Old 06-28-05, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So are there going to be 3 championship belts floating around now? Batista, Cena, & new smackdown belt? WTF?

The angle/flair match was pretty entertaining! I'm amazed Flair is still styling and profiling. I couldn't really tell if he fell off the ringpost on purpose or if they couldn't pull the move off. They recovered well.

Great to see RVD. Hopefully they will put him to good use FINALLY. The sooner he takes the belt from puffy head Carlito the better.

I am so sick of these talentless diva contests....and Chris Masters.
Old 06-28-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
So are there going to be 3 championship belts floating around now? Batista, Cena, & new smackdown belt? WTF?

The angle/flair match was pretty entertaining! I'm amazed Flair is still styling and profiling. I couldn't really tell if he fell off the ringpost on purpose or if they couldn't pull the move off. They recovered well.

Great to see RVD. Hopefully they will put him to good use FINALLY. The sooner he takes the belt from puffy head Carlito the better.

I am so sick of these talentless diva contests....and Chris Masters.

Actually no.... i will put out the smackdown spoilers here in a few
Old 06-28-05, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here are the smackdown spoilers:

Spoiler:
*Smackdown opened with a recap of Teddy Long announcing plans for a new Smackdown champion to be crowned tonight.

*Muhammad Hussan did an interview saying no one can defeat him, and complaining he was a prisoner in his own country. He called out Undertaker saying Taker didn't deserve to be in the Smackdown championshpip match tonight. Undertaker came out and chokeslammed Daivari.

*WWE Cruiserweight champion Paul London vs. Chavo Guerrero was stopped after Mexicool hit the ring and laid out both. They came out with the lawn mowers like last week and cut a promo saying they weren't going to take it from the "gringos."

*Backstage, Eddie Guerrero was interviewed. He was smiling and the interviewer asked why he was so happy, since he lost last week. Guerrero said he was smiling because he knew that Rey Mysterio was going to be in the ring later tonight begging Eddie not to "tell the truth."

*Backstage, Melina said it was going to be her night to shine.

*Melina pinned Michelle McCool. MNM came to ringside after the finish and hit the Snapshot after the bell. Heidenreich made the save and cleared the ring.

*Eddie Guerrero came to the ring and showed a video of Guerrero at a playground talking to Rey Mysterio's son in a "creepy way" offering to tell him a bedtime story. Mysterio hit the ring and Guerrero asked him if he thought it was time his son knew the truth. Rey asked Guerrero not to do this and Eddie told him to get on his knees and beg him. Rey did and Guerrero pulled out candy and smashed it in Rey's face, walking off.
*Six-Way Elimination match: Christian vs. JBL vs. Chris Benoit vs. Undertaker vs. Muhammad Hussan vs. Booker T. Order of Elimination: Undertaker is disqualified for hitting Hussan with a chair. Hussan went to the back and was never officially eliminated. JBL pinned Chris Benoit. Christian pinned Booker. JBL pinned Christian to win the match.

*Teddy Long came out holding a sack with the "Smackdown title" saying that JBL won the match but not the Smackdown title, since Long was just informed they don't need a Smackdown champion. He told JBL he was the number one contender, however for this champion...

*WWE World champion Batista's music hits and he comes to the ring, faces off with JBL and brawls with him.

there you have it... what a great raw
Old 06-28-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the smackdown info!
Now i can watch something else on thursday.

Honestly I was hoping we'd see Undertaker come over to Raw. Maybe next year.
Old 06-28-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 06-28-05, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
So are there going to be 3 championship belts floating around now?
RAW TITLES
Spoiler:
4: wwe, intercontinental, tag-team, womens

SMACKDOWN TITLES
Spoiler:
4: world, united states, tag-team, cruiserweight
Old 06-28-05, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hogan is like a bad case of venereal disease that just won't go away.
Old 06-28-05, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There's still a Women's Championship? Why?
Old 06-29-05, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

Spoiler:
Christian & Batista
God, that sucks.
Old 06-29-05, 01:02 PM
Suspended

I deleted off the DVR

I'm glad I got mine to DVD right away. What a great show.
Old 06-29-05, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thoughts on RAW...

No Triple H promo tonight... GOOD

Another WOOO off... That's funny.

Does anyone else think adding Coach is a bad idea... Now we have 2 heel color guys bouncing off each other, kind of annoying.

Christian/Jericho segment was funny...

Big Show's the first draft pick... They are really pulling everyone out of SmackDown! Wasn't he supose to be in that 6 man title match? Oh well.

The Cena/Maria/HBK thing was great! Fucking funny as hell...

They haven't fired Chris Masters yet... WHO FUCKING CARES ABOUT YOU & WHAT YOU DO????

This guy's such an ass... Thank God for green myst...

The Diva Search... Who gives a fuck??? Don't they get it, 2 or 3 will work with limited talent and the rest are gonna sue & openly bash the company...

They're still doing the Cabana??? Vince must really love this character, 'cause this guys suuuuuuucks...

They're replacing the Highlight Reel. Great creative choice. Take away a segment with the best talker, and replace it with this ass.

RVD!!! NICE FUCKING SHIRT!!! THE WHOLE FUCKING SHOW!

Very good audio boys... They tweeked the crowd chant from ECW to what sounded like boos... Smooth idiots.

This is how Flair should be used... Dust him off every few weeks and bring him out to put someone over... Kind of like The Undertaker on SmackDown.

They're still advertising Big Show for the SmackDown title match, odd...

Coach and the Diva Search... Why do they do this to us?

I love strippers as much as the next guy, but I also know 90% of can't be convincing as anything else but stippers... This is so dumb... There are actually indie female wrestlers that aren't terrible wrestlers. But we get a new crop of dacing bimbos to further the Viscera gimmick....

This shit's going on far too long... After watching Ashley try to take off her shit, they need to insitute a new rule... Don't wear anything complicated...

Can you just feel JR looking at King and shaking his head through this whole thing.

Elisabeth with the sports bra and baggy panties is gonna loose.

I really wish I had a King Mute button... Why can't a sniper climb into the rafters of one of these areas and just pick off Viscera...

Sgt. Slaughter??? This just got really weird...

"Let's dance!" You fucking retards... We're gonna dumb this thing down, so we're #1 retarded children and animals...

See, Batista just did a perfect "Champion's promo." Take notes Triple H... He was direct, to the point, showed emotion about the night before's match, didn't repeat himself, and got out of there in less then 90 seconds...

Why does HHH believe that same thing take 20 minutes to get accross???

I heard Marty Jennety's in jail... Nash would tear a hamstring picking up the phone...

That's why these guys are fucking gold!!!

This should be a decent match provided they get a decent 3rd for Cena & HBK...

RANDOM THOUGHT - I don't mind saying it... I actually enjoyed Cena's album.

Who's the 3rd??? Hulk Hogan... gay... You know, it really looses that special, nostalgic thing when the parade him out every time they get within a few hours of CA... They need to make their "suprise partners" actual suprises, IMO...

Oh hooray! Hulk Hoagn won again... And now they all get to pose with him... I can't help but laugh, Hogan looks so much like my Dad... Except my Dad has more hair... So I really can say, "It looks like my Dad wrestling out there..." As I shake my head.

"We may never see these men in the ring together again." - JR Or atleast until HBK needs another mystery partner...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.