WWE Raw - 06/06/05 - Lottery begins

Old 06-06-05, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE Raw - 06/06/05 - Lottery begins

WWE Raw
NO ONE'S SAFE
RAW Preview for June 6, 2005

Let the draft lottery commence.

Who will be the first SmackDown! Superstar drafted over to RAW, and what will the ripple effect be across WWE? Chairman Mr. McMahon has made it clear that no one is safe from the draft process ó and that trades can occur up until June 30. We also learned that Y2J will interview the first pick exclusively on The Highlight Reel.

Many Superstars have expressed concerns about being drafted, although last week Christian seemed excited by the potential of a move. But now the waiting is over. All that remains is for name No. 1 to be drawn ó as a SmackDown! Superstar says goodbye to his familiar surroundings and heads to Monday nights. Donít miss the event that could change the face of RAW.

Meanwhile, Triple H and Batista will make it official when they sign the contract that will put them inside Hell in a Cell. Last time these two were in the ring for a contract signing, Batista put The Game through a table with a Batista Bomb. Surely, both men will be ready for anything.

It all begins next Monday at 9/8 CT on Spike TV.
The lottery begins tonight. I'd rather have it all done on one night like last year instead of stretched out, but I guess it will bump the ratings.
Old 06-06-05, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why are MC Hammer and Burt Reynolds in the post above?
Old 06-06-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Why are MC Hammer and Burt Reynolds in the post above?

I never noticed the likeness
Old 06-06-05, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Possible spoiler for tonight:

According to some internet sites,
Spoiler:
Sandman will be at Raw tonight.
Old 06-06-05, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Spoiler:
and again at Smackdown tomorrow (Thursday) night.
Old 06-06-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why are we using spoilers for tonight's show?

Anyway, I hope Cena stays on Raw, but I'm sure he won't since I want it to happen. Nice opening with Christian, but it seemed like Cena missed several of his punches.
Old 06-06-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scottall
Why are we using spoilers for tonight's show?

Anyway, I hope Cena stays on Raw, but I'm sure he won't since I want it to happen. Nice opening with Christian, but it seemed like Cena missed several of his punches.

I used spoilers because the show hadnt aired yet.
Old 06-06-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I should pay attention to those pesky timestamps.

I miss the MasterLock challenge already.
Old 06-06-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How can Cena stay on RAW if he has the WWE title? He'll probably get traded back in a couple of weeks for a couple of Smackdown nobodies.
Old 06-06-05, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So they gave Victoria's personality to Christy? I was waiting for psycho Victoria to at least continue to attack on the ramp, but instead, we get the cowardly heel act. great.

Cena on Raw. Gotta admit that it was a sweet moment. And adding Christian to the mix was a bonus.

Either Smackdown is going off the air or Batista is moving after Vengence.

D
Old 06-06-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I havent watched Raw in months. Glad I caught it tonight, though. Good show. I think I'll order the ECW PPV.
Old 06-06-05, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It doesn't seem like Cena will be traded back to SD. They spent a lot of time on him tonight, so if he goes back, it's just a big waste. However, I have no doubt that one of the world titles will be on SD before this is all over. Perhaps Christian wins the title and gets traded? I know I'd like to see that.

Was that an ECW invasion or did a couple of drunks stagger out of an AA meeting down the street? Fatass Axl Rotten couldn't even get over the barrier. I saw Rhyno, but didn't see any potted plants.
Old 06-06-05, 11:37 PM

I was kinda hoping for a Francine-Stacey catfight. And shouldn't Lita be with ECW?

I kept thinking Ball Mahoney was a bloated Raven and that Axl was going to trip and break a hip.

D
Old 06-06-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice to see Axl doing his best Dusty impression.

And am I the only one who thinks that Cena will be traded back to Smackdown for Triple H? Somehow I think that Triple H will take the yearly opportunity to prove his value.
Old 06-06-05, 11:42 PM
Banned

Francine was on Raw? Cool.
Old 06-06-05, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm kinda pissed about the ECW PPV. The invasion angle sucks. Why cant they let the ECW guys have there reunion and save the whole invasion for the next time
Old 06-07-05, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Derrich
So they gave Victoria's personality to Christy? I was waiting for psycho Victoria to at least continue to attack on the ramp, but instead, we get the cowardly heel act. great.
Tell me about it. She comes out all sweet and bouncy, then hits the psycho zone..

Oh, and let's not forget who they pair poor Victoria with...Also, did they mess with the audio to make it seem like people were actually booing Vicky's WICKED widow's peak last week? Silly Vince.

Originally Posted by Derrich
Cena on Raw. Gotta admit that it was a sweet moment. And adding Christian to the mix was a bonus.

Either Smackdown is going off the air or Batista is moving after Vengence.
Originally Posted by Steam
And am I the only one who thinks that Cena will be traded back to Smackdown for Triple H? Somehow I think that Triple H will take the yearly opportunity to prove his value.
Ugh. I could see either of these things happening.
Old 06-07-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

How could Cena be traded for Triple H when he's already on RAW?
Old 06-07-05, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
How could Cena be traded for Triple H when he's already on RAW?
That would mean that Triple H would be drafted to Smackdown, just like last year. That was when Triple H wanted to show that he is worth Booker T plus the Dudley Boyz, cause he's just that damn good.
Old 06-07-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Steam
That would mean that Triple H would be drafted to Smackdown, just like last year. That was when Triple H wanted to show that he is worth Booker T plus the Dudley Boyz, cause he's just that damn good.
Since he was drafted last year, I doubt that happens this year. Especially with his Hell in a cell match with Batista at Vengeance this month.

I'd actually expect Batista to be drafted before Triple H. Kind of like Long and Smackdown saying "You take our champ, we take yours. Then somehow, some way Batista is traded back before the PPV.
Old 06-07-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Since he was drafted last year, I doubt that happens this year. Especially with his Hell in a cell match with Batista at Vengeance this month.

I'd actually expect Batista to be drafted before Triple H. Kind of like Long and Smackdown saying "You take our champ, we take yours. Then somehow, some way Batista is traded back before the PPV.

During the contract signing, they made a point to say that the match would still take place even if one of them were drafted to the other brand.
Old 06-07-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

the pop john cena got gave me goosebumps....

it was like a crazy surprise to see him there
Old 06-07-05, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706
it was like a crazy surprise to see him there
i was surprised too -- i was expecting angle
Old 06-07-05, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They might as well just drop the whole smackdown show and convert it to ECW. A complete seperate organization (while still owned by the same parent company) would work so much better than having 2 brands of WWE. I don't know if UPN would want to go EXTREME though....
Old 06-07-05, 10:37 AM

I keep thinking that Velocity or Heat will become an ECW show. Vince hinted that the brand may make a return.

D

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.