Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

MLB Friday May 20

Old 05-22-05, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From the yahoo page on Vlad:

May 21 Guerrero was placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday after X-rays showed that the outfielder had suffered a partially dislocated left shoulder while sliding into home plate in the fifth inning of the Angels' win over the Dodgers Friday night. Guerrero will undergo a MRI early next week after the swelling in the shoulder goes down. Curtis Pride has been recalled from Triple-A Sal Lake City to fill Guerrero's roster spot.

Advice: This is a huge blow for the Angels. Guerrero, the reigning A.L. MVP, is hitting .303 with 7 home runs and 24 RBI this season. Team physician Dr. Lewis Yocam, who examined Guerrero, said the outfielder had a similar injury several years ago while playing for Montreal, but that injury didn't land him on the DL. Dr. Yocum also said that surgery could be a possibility.
Old 05-22-05, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Surgery. Huge.
Old 05-22-05, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another win for Halladay to go to 7-2 for the year.
I'm glad to see Halladay starting strong this year and Aaron Hill (the guy replacing Koskie in the lineup) has not looked out of place so far.

Its early in the season but I'm liking the way these Blue Jays are playing ball this year.