Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

the upcoming WWE brand draft. speculation and [possible] spoilers.

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 05-17-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

I thought it deserved it's own thread rather than discussing it in the weekly Raw thread.

From WWE.com

For this historic 2005 Draft, RAW and SMACKDOWN! will each get five draft picks.

The picks will all be drawn at random. RAW will draw from the SMACKDOWN! roster. SMACKDOWN! will draw from the RAW roster.

All RAW & SMACKDOWN! Superstars can be drafted. Champions, Divas, announcers, general managers. Everyone is eligible to be drafted!

The Draft will take place from June 6th until June 30th.

One pick a week per show, until the final week when each show will get two picks.

The first RAW pick will be revealed on June 6th.
The first SMACKDOWN! pick will be revealed on June 9th.

The second RAW pick will be revealed on June 13th.
The second SMACKDOWN! pick will be revealed on June 16th.

The third RAW pick will be revealed on June 20th.
The third SMACKDOWN! pick will be revealed on June 23rd.

The fourth and fifth RAW pick will be revealed on June 27th.
The fourth and fifth SMACKDOWN! pick will be revealed on June 30th.

General Managers are allowed to trade until Midnight on June 30th.
Old 05-17-05, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd be shocked if Christian doesn't move over to Smackdown unless Cena gets traded to Raw for Batista.

Having the original "WWF" titles on Raw and the WCW titles on Smackdown would be nice.
Old 05-17-05, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Since SD! doesn't have any women capable of wrestling, I wonder if they're going to break up the women division on Ra....oh wait...that would mean Trish would be wrestling herself since Molly and the rest of the wrestling divas are gone, and they don't seem to want to let Victoria get any airtime unless she's acting like one of the bimbos from the recent diva contest..
Old 05-17-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All RAW & SMACKDOWN! Superstars can be drafted. Champions, Divas, announcers, general managers. Everyone is eligible to be drafted!
Announcers and general managers? That would be lame.

I predict someone will get drafted and then get drafted back the next week.
Old 05-17-05, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Didn't they promise that at least 10 people would be switching? There should be some restriction about people already drafted...

Now I know this is all fake anyway, but wouldn't they just draft like the top five superstars from each brand? Why would I want to take a woman, even Trish, instead of someone like Shelton Benjamin? Why would I take an announcer or a GM? Aren't the GMs doing the picking?

Edit: wait, nevermind, the picks are going to be random? So they're not picking, they're just choosing from a pool of names in a hat?
Old 05-17-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig

Edit: wait, nevermind, the picks are going to be random? So they're not picking, they're just choosing from a pool of names in a hat?
Ugh. That sucks. Didnt they do that last time and nothing ended up happening? Oh, yeah. HHH switched for a day.
Old 05-17-05, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I remembering them trying this once and nothing coming of it.
Old 05-17-05, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by edytwinky
Having the original "WWF" titles on Raw and the WCW titles on Smackdown would be nice.
I just think it would be a nice change for the wrestlers and situations involved. Cena would be able to do much more on cable than he can do on UPN. Batista would be able to get away from Evolution and make a fresh start.
Old 05-17-05, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I also think that someone like Batista or Triple H will be drafted and then traded back, just like last time.
Old 05-17-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Didn't they promise that at least 10 people would be switching? There should be some restriction about people already drafted...

Now I know this is all fake anyway, but wouldn't they just draft like the top five superstars from each brand? Why would I want to take a woman, even Trish, instead of someone like Shelton Benjamin? Why would I take an announcer or a GM? Aren't the GMs doing the picking?
Remember, they don't have to pick announcers. They could always trade em
Old 05-17-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

imho, its getting really silly with this draft shit.

things shoudl go back to old school.
Old 05-18-05, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They need to get a whole new creative team... It's just becoming the same old recycled bullshit...

I'm just waiting to hear Viscera come out to the Sexual Chocolate theme...

And I still think since they've paired Lita & Edge together they should have kept Matt on and billed the next PPV around a Hell In The Cell match between the two. Let them just fuck each other up and settle their differences like men. Imagine the buy rate for that.
Old 05-18-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Lawler and Tazz would work great together. I also think the animosity that Cole has for J.R. would make that a great combo. The only question (if this were a fair draft) would be which announcing team on which show. I would like Tazz and Lawler for Raw.
Old 05-19-05, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I just heard a rumor that Lita isn't happy about the Edge/Lita storyline, and she has asked to be released.
Old 05-19-05, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Isn't one draft per show a bit drawn out?
Old 05-19-05, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Anything to get ratings.
Old 05-19-05, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by boredsilly
which is why there better be some superstars in the draft... otherwise, you wait the whole show and then... Rosie or Simon Dean moves over or something.

As for the Lita bit: if that's true (and I realize this is the draft topic), either she's really screwed up because of what happened, or she's insane, because she'll have a hard time finding work, I would think. I mean, isn't she still with Edge?
Old 05-19-05, 01:40 PM

As for the Lita bit: if that's true (and I realize this is the draft topic), either she's really screwed up because of what happened, or she's insane, because she'll have a hard time finding work, I would think. I mean, isn't she still with Edge?
And still getting over a injury... Good luck stupid...
Old 05-24-05, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe they'll try to load some big names onto Smackdown to get the ratings up for when they shop for a new network for the show.

With only one draft per show for the first few weeks, don't expect any smaller names to get drafted. I hope, anyway. The midcarders might get switched in trades, 2 or 3 guys for one major star like Triple H last year. I hope Christian and Tomko stay together. They're a perfect fit, the loudmouthed weasel and his bully enforcer.
Old 05-24-05, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice little line with Bischoff mentioning he needs to get Cena over on his show last night.
Old 06-08-05, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well it's official Cena's on Raw.

And if you haven't read the spoilers, Smackdown's First Pick is up in last night's Raw thread.
Old 06-08-05, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The WWE is in a tough spot right now with Smackdown. Since UPN is moving the show to the dreaded Friday night timeslot the thought is to have hugh names move to SD to get more viewers to tune in. The problem would then become that people will not watch Raw because it's roster blows and no one tunes in on Friday for SD.

I figure HBK or Angle will end up on the same roster. I think Cena and Batista move back to SD and Trips has himself penciled in to remain on Raw as World Champ. And to continue to prove that he has to much influence in the company, it is being reported that it was Trips and his wife who informed the wrestler that he was moving to SD.
Old 06-09-05, 12:46 PM

HBK and Angle should be on the same show... But Cena and Batista should stay on RAW, and have HHH move to SmackDown! Put him in feuds with Big Show, JBL, etc. He's exhuasted the RAW talent. They need to shake some shit up on SmackDown to get the viewers back.
Old 06-09-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mikewendt
HBK and Angle should be on the same show... But Cena and Batista should stay on RAW, and have HHH move to SmackDown! Put him in feuds with Big Show, JBL, etc. He's exhuasted the RAW talent. They need to shake some shit up on SmackDown to get the viewers back.
So does this mean we've already given the title back to HHH (assuming that they want to bring at least one title back to SD)
Old 06-10-05, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So does this mean we've already given the title back to HHH (assuming that they want to bring at least one title back to SD)
You must be new to WWE wrestling.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.