Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Wwe Raw: 5/16/05

Old 05-16-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wwe Raw: 5/16/05

GOLD RUSH CONCLUDES
MAY 16, 2005

It’s finals time.

The Gold Rush Tournament comes to a close as the No. 1 Contender to Batista’s World Heavyweight Championship is officially determined. Will it be the Big Red Monster Kane, or “Mr. Money in the Bank” Edge?

Edge has used his coveted briefcase at every opportunity to help get him over the top in recent matches, while Kane has his own X-factor in wife Lita. Will the Gold Rush Tournament end with Edge being chokeslammed to Hell, or with Kane being speared off his feet? Tune in Monday night to find out — alongside the World Heavyweight Champion — who Batista’s next opponent will be.

Also announced for RAW, Ric Flair gets his match against Christian. “The Dirtiest Player in the Game” dispatched with Tyson Tomko last week on RAW, and now there’s nobody left between the former 16-time world champion and his target: Captain Charisma. Will Christian be able to come through in a huge match for his peeps? We’ll find out Monday.

And the team of Chris Jericho & Shelton Benjamin will get their chance at retribution when they face Muhammad Hassan and Daivari in tag-team action.

All this and much more, Monday night at 9/8 CT, only on Spike TV.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

when is the freaking draft?????
Old 05-16-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Right off the bat, why does everyone boo when Bischoff's picture in shown at the beginning?
Old 05-16-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am boycotting the Viscera segments of the show. And to think I didn't think it could get worse than the pillow fight. Lillian is hot, tho.
Old 05-16-05, 11:26 PM
Banned

Good call who made the post that Lita will team up with Edge screwing Kane. I hope Kane screws Edge out of a Championship next week.
Old 05-16-05, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Decent show. Everybody had to have seen the Kane/Lita/Edge ending coming up.

Too bad Christian loss again, this time to Flair.
Old 05-17-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, Christian has to be going to Smackdown at this point, he keeps losing on Raw.

I like the Viscera stuff, just needs to be more funny. The singing had me .

JR at the end of RAW: "What are you thinking, you damn harlot!?"
Old 05-17-05, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
I am boycotting the Viscera segments of the show. And to think I didn't think it could get worse than the pillow fight. Lillian is hot, tho.

Viscera is comedy gold.
Old 05-17-05, 05:37 AM
Banned

Viscera is really annoying but he's funny when he takes other people's food and eat them
Old 05-17-05, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is Matt Hardy's comment on his message board:

Matt Hardy posted the following message on his message board after the show closing angle putting Edge and Lita together:

"I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, the ending of Raw was tasteless and deplorable. It's literally sickening to see a real life tragedy exploited as a wrestling angle."
Old 05-17-05, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706
:

"I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, the ending of Raw was tasteless and deplorable. It's literally sickening to see a real life tragedy exploited as a wrestling angle."
What is he stupid? Real life "tragedies" as he calls them have been the back bone of wrestling storylines for years.
Old 05-17-05, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Old 05-17-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
If they came out with a wrestler named 'Tsunami' with a finishing move named the Drown Drop, that would be exploiting a tragedy.
In this case, your slut of an ex gf cheated on you with someone close to you. It happens to everyone, and will probably make Edge/Lita the best heels.

Old 05-17-05, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
If they came out with a wrestler named 'Tsunami' with a finishing move named the Drown Drop, that would be exploiting a tragedy.
In this case, your slut of an ex gf cheated on you with someone close to you. It happens to everyone, and will probably make Edge/Lita the best heels.
I do beleive that Tugboat/Typhoon will be calling the WWE offices this morning with that idea.
Old 05-17-05, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Draft Details:
WWE.com has confirmed the following about the WWE Draft Lottery.

- The draft will begin June 6th and end June 30th.

- There will be one pick per RAW and Smackdown for three straight weeks, then two picks per show in the final week.

- RAW and Smackdown will each get five picks, drawn at random. Ten wrestlers are guaranteed to switch brands.

- EVERYONE is eligible for the draft including the General Managers.

- The General Managers will be able to make "trades" until June 30th.
Old 05-17-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wouldn't put it that way. It'd be a good way to get some fresh angles started. If Kurt moved over, it'd be nice to see a reprise of the Triple H/Angle feud or HBK/Angle again. Christian could move over and go against Cena, Mysterio, Guerrero.
Old 05-17-05, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So I don't understand... are there 10 "picks" total, but not really picks, as they're randomly drawn (ok, we know they won't REALLY be randomly drawn)? Or 10 random ones and 10 real picks?

This kinda halts any kind of storyline for the people who are being picked from, as why would they start a fued if they had the possibility of being picked by the other brand, and not being able to culminate the fued anyway?
Old 05-17-05, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
The Big Vis segment last night was one of the single funniest moments in Raw history. I know I have a biased opinion here but he is taking this angle leaps and bounds above what Mark Henry could ever do. Vis is very talented he just needed a chance to show it. Also, Vis was rapping to the ring long before John Cena
Old 05-17-05, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Supposedly Christian is headed to Smackdown (as part of the John Cena storyline) and Kurt Angle to Raw (possibly him vs HBK storyline?)

Alot of talk that Randy Orton will also be headed to Smackdown as well.
Old 05-18-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
Here is Matt Hardy's comment on his message board:

Matt Hardy posted the following message on his message board after the show closing angle putting Edge and Lita together:

GET OVER IT YOU CRY BABY BITCH!!!

So your woman cheated on you with one of your friends... I've never heard of that happening...

I definatly think Matt got the shitty end of the stick in this situation, but he needs to move on with his life and stop whining about it.

The ending of RAW was classic WWE style. And I thought it was great... The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have Matt in the ring instead of Kane...