Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw 5-9-05 "Gold Rush Continues"

Old 05-09-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WWE Raw 5-9-05 "Gold Rush Continues"

GOLD RUSH CONTINUES
MAY 2, 2005

The pressure will be on as the remaining Gold Rush Tournament contenders battle while only two wins away from facing Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Edge will face Shawn Michaels as a bitter rivalry is renewed. Who can forget their brawl all around an arena on RAW. Both men are on impressive win streaks, but one will have to end short of being the No. 1 Contender. Edge has already indicated that he’ll leave it all in the ring because he sees this tournament as the key to his first world championship reign. It his words, to have two guaranteed World Heavyweight Championship opportunities would be “money in the bank.” Can HBK tune up the band and turn away Edge? Tune in Monday night to find out.

In the other huge semifinal, The Rabid Wolverine will try to rip into The Big Red Monster. With drastically different approaches to a match, the winner will likely be the Superstar who dictates the pace and style. If Kane can apply brute force, he’ll likely advance; if Chris Benoit can cut Kane down and apply his crippling submission arsenal, he should be one step closer to his second World Heavyweight Championship.

And we’re sure to hear from Triple H, who was disgusted with Batista for his role in The Game’s match last Monday. Where does Evolution go from here?

Watch Monday Night RAW (9/8 CT; Spike TV) to find out.

Old 05-09-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

when is the freaking draft?
Old 05-09-05, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The draft may be after the next PPV.
Old 05-09-05, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wonder if Chris Masters will up the anty in his challenge to $4000...
Old 05-09-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is the "Master Lock" really his finishing move? a full nelson?
Old 05-09-05, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just read on a wrestling news site that Batista will take on

Spoiler:
Triple H at Vengeance.

I assume the winner of this Gold Rush contest will be getting a title shot on Raw in coming weeks.
Old 05-09-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fujishig
I believe it is...it makes me roll my eyes almost as much as The Rock's original finishing move, the dreaded shoulder breaker.
Old 05-09-05, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
I just read on a wrestling news site that Batista will take on

Spoiler:
Triple H at Vengeance.

I assume the winner of this Gold Rush contest will be getting a title shot on Raw in coming weeks.
That was posted in another thread already, it'll be a hell in the cell match.
Old 05-09-05, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Who has he wrestled besides people in the crowd? I think he fought a couple of nobodies.
Old 05-09-05, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I read a couple things that i'll spoiler [in case you're curious, it's about Christy, Victoria, Hogan & Molly]

Spoiler:
Apparently, Hogan wasn't happy with Daivari flying around the ring during Backlash. The sentiments backstage is that Christy is well liked backstage [insert snide comment here] and after her one year contract is up, the WWE will resign her. Apparently, Victoria was a heel again during a house show. Management realizes that since Trish is out, there are no women heels. Then again, without Trish, Victoria's the only female WRESTLER. And, Molly was the one that wanted to leave. She asked Vince for a year off to take care of some personal, family matters. Vince told her the door is open for her to come back.
Old 05-09-05, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dancinns
I believe it is...it makes me roll my eyes almost as much as The Rock's original finishing move, the dreaded shoulder breaker.
As opposed to the mega-damaging, I-hope-my-opponent-lies-down-for-five-minutes-while-I-do-this People's Elbow?

I swear, it pays off to have a simple finisher, though, especially after long pay-per-view matches when they're dead tired. So much easier to do a "Rock Bottom" or a submission move than a shooting star press or some kind of arrow driver or something. I'm still amazed at someone like Benoit doing triple german suplexes late in a match, even when the guy is helping him out by jumping a little. But a full-nelson? really?

Last edited by fujishig; 05-09-05 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-09-05, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Don't forget Hogan's Leg Drop of Doom.

D
Old 05-09-05, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Derrich
Don't forget Hogan's Leg Drop of Doom.

D
Which he can't even do anymore...

Besides, it was:
1. Get beat up
2. Get put in a submission move that puts you to sleep (sleeper, bearhug, etc.)
3. let ref raise your arm and let it drop limp a couple of times
4. "hulk up"
5. elbow/punch out of submission move
6. big boot
7. leg drop of doom

I always questioned as a kid why someone would put a sleeper on Hogan, ever. I don't think face Hogan ever had to do this twice to put someone down...
Old 05-09-05, 10:20 PM
Banned

I'm glad Kane won Let's hope he gets to battle Batiasta for the Championship and win it!
Old 05-10-05, 01:06 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
I'm glad Kane won Let's hope he gets to battle Batiasta for the Championship and win it!

Actually, it looks like they are going to have Lita turn on Kane eventually. Maybe next week (and she'll join Edge)?
Old 05-10-05, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Why you gotta knock on Hercules' old finisher?
Old 05-10-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
I haven't watched in a looong while, but I stopped by and watched for a few. When he brought that Huge chick out of the audience and full nelsoned her, I flipped away. Vincent Russo wasn't this bad.
Old 05-10-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am ready for the Flair-Christian match next week. I loved their segments this week.
Old 05-10-05, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Why you gotta knock on Hercules' old finisher?

I remember way back when, Hercules and Billy Jack Haynes had a battle of the Full Nelsons going for awhile. Ahh nothing like 80s wrestling.
Old 05-10-05, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

THe Christian/Flair segments are priceless. The WWE is really making good use of their time before the draft
Old 05-11-05, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is there any doubt that Christian more now than ever is due the IC title? Shelton is an awesome wrestler but will never rise to World title status whereas Capt. Charisma is on the level.

I think it will be a crappy move on the WWE's part to have Lita turn on Kane this quickly. They are just starting to go over as a couple and to try to capitalize on the other stuff for Edge and Lita is stupid.

On a side note, I realized I wouldn't have a problem if Kane went back to the long hair and mask. (maybe I'm just playing to much Wrestlemania 18 on the gamecube.)

The rumor websites are saying that Maria and HBK's segment was taped at least 5 times and that Maria was scripted to call Edge "The Edge" as a slam to her. I would love to slam Maria, but not in this way. Again another idiot move on someone's part on the WWE. Also, it is reported that Monty Brown has sent a tape of his work in TNA to ___________ for a possible job interview.
Old 05-12-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Christian should go to Smackdown, since the US title is pretty much vacant over there...

Personally, I never liked the unmasking Kane angle at all. Much more fearsome with the mask. Now he's just some crazy bald guy. Of course, I also didnt' like Kurt Angle shaving his head at first, so what do I know?
Old 05-12-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

US Title? I wouldn't mind him going into a feud with Cena and possibly winning the world title.
Old 05-12-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by edytwinky
US Title? I wouldn't mind him going into a feud with Cena and possibly winning the world title.
Which I would love, but I don't see happening, seeing as how they're not really building him up to be a credible threat on Raw, and him moving to SD and being an instant contender further perpetuates the notion that SD is the B-team.

I mean, it seems like at this point they're leading to a program with Cena and Christian if he moves over, but I just don't see him winning...
Old 05-12-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not Raw related, but the WWE released Luther Reigns the other day. He was on Smackdown, in case anyone cared.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.