Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

Hey Washington Wizards, you guys are absolutely pathetic!!!!

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 05-06-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Im watching the game and they've just beat the Bulls. Granted, they've struggled for many years and havent made it to the second round since 82 but C'MON . These guys (as well as their fans) are acting like they just won the Championship, Penant, and SuperBowl combined! The crowd is on the court, fireworks are everywhere, cheerleaders dancing and to top it all off THEY HAVE FRIGGIN SECOND ROUND T-SHIRTS. Although you havent been, act like youve been there before. Whats gonna happen if, dare I say, you win one game against the Heat?
Old 05-06-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

sure
Old 05-06-05, 10:56 PM
Premium Member

whatever.
Old 05-06-05, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by gmal2003
Im watching the game and they've just beat the Bulls. Granted, they've struggled for many years and havent made it to the second round since 82 but C'MON . These guys (as well as their fans) are acting like they just won the Championship, Penant, and SuperBowl combined! The crowd is on the court, fireworks are everywhere, cheerleaders dancing and to top it all off THEY HAVE FRIGGIN SECOND ROUND T-SHIRTS. Although you havent been, act like youve been there before. Whats gonna happen if, dare I say, you win one game against the Heat?
Dude, I'm sore with the Bulls losing too, but we didn't need a thread on this. Just watch Shaq and the heat spank them in the second round.
Old 05-06-05, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, that was worth a separate thread.

Or not.
Old 05-06-05, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk God

odd

i saw the players taking off their shirts and shaking the other teams hands
i saw the customary streamers come down from the ceiling (like alot of teams do, after a big win)
and then I saw the players walk on off the court and high five a few players on the way out

really nothing out of the ordinary there

Old 05-06-05, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They did have "2nd Round" shirts which is actually quite funny, but understandable - even the ESPN studio guys chuckled at it.

Besides, there was a Gheorghe Muresan sighting when the Wizards ran off the floor, how could anyone not like THAT!
Old 05-07-05, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm happy for the east-coast Warriors. That's how I think of them. Nice.

Old 05-07-05, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Autotelik
I'm happy for the east-coast Warriors. That's how I think of them. Nice.

Yeah, and even weirder is that fact that you have 3 starting players in Detroit, the Wallaces and Hamilton, who were on the Bullets/Wizards franchise.
Old 05-07-05, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If the Wizards are pathetic, then what does that make the Bulls?
Old 05-07-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, when you haven't won a playoff game in 17 years or whatever and haven't won a series in over 20, you take whatever you can get. Imagine if the Clippers did anything ever. They'd have a freakin' parade!
Old 05-07-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I could care less about the Bulls, so this thread wasnt me being sore. Read my location, think about the team in my city and you do the math. My point is their celebration was pathetic. Even John Saunders, who I often disagree with, noted how sad that was. If you think it was ordinary or not worthy of its own thread (twikoff et al.), do me a favor and dont contribute to such a "useless" thread.
Old 05-07-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the Wiz can get one game from the Miami Shaq-daddies. Oh, how we'll celebrate!
Old 05-07-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk God

If you think it was ordinary or not worthy of its own thread (twikoff et al.), do me a favor and dont contribute to such a "useless" thread.

thanks for calling me out.. but you might want to read slower next time.. I wasnt the one questioning if this deserved its own thread.
Old 05-07-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I notice that when the game ended.

All my friends were like was this the championship!?!?

I didn't know about the T-Shirts which I also think it's pathetic
Old 05-07-05, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kar10
I notice that when the game ended.

All my friends were like was this the championship!?!?

I didn't know about the T-Shirts which I also think it's pathetic
Oh you know the Bulls woulda had some kinda shirt or hat stashed away ready to go, had they taken it 7 games!

That said, the Wizards just ordered rings to commemorate their "Eastern Conference Semi-Finalist" status!
Old 05-07-05, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by twikoff

thanks for calling me out.. but you might want to read slower next time.. I wasnt the one questioning if this deserved its own thread.
Wasn't trying to pick anyone particularly out (hence the "et al"), I just picked one name outta the bunch in which I chose to respond.

BTW, I do think the Wiz are a good team. I actually like them and think they are a few seasons and a big man away from contention. I even think theyll take one or two from the Heat. That celebration;however, was just too much IMHO.
Old 05-07-05, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I could care less about the Bulls, so this thread wasnt me being sore. Read my location, think about the team in my city and you do the math. My point is their celebration was pathetic. Even John Saunders, who I often disagree with, noted how sad that was. If you think it was ordinary or not worthy of its own thread (twikoff et al.), do me a favor and dont contribute to such a "useless" thread.
At least we didn't flip over any cars.
Old 05-07-05, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SuprVgeta
If the Wizards are pathetic, then what does that make the Bulls?
Old 05-08-05, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Snippet from Washington Post article:

The Wizards are playing into May, just like the Bulls and Lakers used to. These Wizards have now gone further this season than -- get this -- Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, Allen Iverson and Chris Webber, Jason Kidd and Vince Carter, and Carmelo Anthony.

Glad to see the city finally get something to cheer about after all these years. Oh, and GO SPURS GO! That's right, native San Antonian here!!
Old 05-08-05, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Comparing a first round win with the Bulls and Lakers is rather silly.
Old 05-08-05, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Let them celebrate. It's been a LONG time since a Wasington NBA team was still playing this time of the year.

I'm just really happy for Eddie Jordan. Great coach, sad to see him leave my Nets.
Old 05-08-05, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
Dude, I'm sore with the Bulls losing too
Old 05-09-05, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I'm over it by now. The Bulls have a pretty bright future ahead of them, much more then I can say for the Lakers. Good luck in the draft. Maybe you'll get Devean George Jr.
Old 05-09-05, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
I'm over it by now. The Bulls have a pretty bright future ahead of them, much more then I can say for the Lakers. Good luck in the draft. Maybe you'll get Devean George Jr.
There you go with your lame draft comments again. I feel for you, man, I really do.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.