Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

05/02/05 - WWE RAW on SPIKE TV!

Old 05-02-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

05/02/05 - WWE RAW on SPIKE TV!

FEEL THE BACKLASH
MAY 2, 2005

Now that Backlash is history, what’s next for RAW’s Superstars?

Y2J fought valiantly and seemed poised to capture his eighth Intercontinental Championship when he locked in the Walls of Jericho on Shelton Benjamin. But the athletic youngster battled through and earned a big win over the Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla. After the match, a disgusted Jericho refused a ringside interview and stormed up the ramp. Where does Jericho go from here, and what will he have to say, if anything, tonight on RAW?

Trish Stratus was weary of the Big Red Monster, Kane, but she didn’t expect to suffer damage at the hands of Viscera. Big Vis crushed Trish with a big splash following his Backlash match, and the Women’s Champion had to be helped by ringside EMTs. What is the condition of the Women’s Champion? Watch RAW for more on this.

Triple H’s fury could not be contained following his defeat at the hands of World Heavyweight Champion Batista. Where does Evolution go from here, and what will The Cerebral Assassin have to say following the result at Backlash?

Tune in tonight (9/8 CT; Spike TV) to feel all the Backlash fallout.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/raw/preview/index.jsp

Old 05-02-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for starting the thread, Pixy.

Good to see that Batista held on to the title last night. That should make my girlfriend happy.
Old 05-02-05, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sucks to see Trish out.....

Now we have to endure moreLita crap
Old 05-02-05, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've got to find a way to watch this. I can't wait until June to get my Raw fix again.
Old 05-02-05, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Uh oh. Tan lines.
Old 05-02-05, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone know how this draft lottery is going to work? Are they just going to keep the champions and put the rest in the draft? Because I still don't see how they're going to have Edge get his "briefcase" title shot if HHH gets the belt again. They can't turn either one into a face, not with all the heat each one has with fans. And I don't think Batista has the charisma to pull off a long title reign. Benoit's been spinning his wheels, Jericho might be out soon... do they think Benjamin can step up soon (even though he lacks mic skills)? I know Edge has a year to challenge...

You see the result when you have two faces or two heels going at each other. The fans don't know who to cheer for! C'mon, WWE, you need to lay it out in black and white who's the good guy and who's the bad guy. We saw in the Benjamin vs. Jericho match, they had to make it obvious Jericho was going heel after the match, as he was getting more cheers than Benjamin...

Are they joking about this Christian going to Smackdown thing? They've hardly built him up as a competitor on this show, how's he going to go get a match with Cena on the other show and not make it seem like Smackdown is the bastard stepchild?
Old 05-02-05, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
Uh oh. Tan lines.
I think you meant to say "Mmmmm. Tan lines."

Yeah, it sucks it's now essentially going to be the "Leeee-tah" show since Trish's has a herniated disc that i'll be rehabbing for her.

Oh wait, they have "Christy" too!
Old 05-02-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by fujishig
Anyone know how this draft lottery is going to work? Are they just going to keep the champions and put the rest in the draft?
From what i've read, HHH, Batista and Cena won't be going anywhere. A friend of mine told me they want to move Angle to Raw and make him a face. He also mentioned they wanted to make HBK a heel, but he wasn't too keen on that [I read that too].
Old 05-02-05, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did you see Lita's tits?!
Old 05-02-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Those are man-boobs, baby!
Old 05-02-05, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bold move on Vince's call to have Lita and Edge on camera together.

I really wanted to see Christian win but typical (Trips H) McMahon to kill anyone's chance at becoming main event. I think the fans are really warming up to Captain Charisma (Lawler's Captain Crunch line.....LMAO) but Trips won't have any of that on Raw.

I missed a lot of Raw because of the Mavs-Rockets games, but WTF no Victoria?????

Does anyone have any doubts as to who will win this Gold Rush challenge?
Old 05-03-05, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not only has Victoria not wrestled for over a month, but she was taken out of the opening montage and replaced with Christy skipping.

They let Molly quit and then 2 weeks later the Women's champ is out with an injury. Good job Vince. Why not put Molly and Victoria in a program while Trish is out? Now the only healthy female wrestler on the roster is Victoria and she's got a bum knee. Christy is hanging over Batista like she's a perk that goes with the championship and Maria can barely finish a sentence.

I was hoping that Christian would go all the way but I was even more upset that Hassan isn't in the tourney. He's proven that he's got mic skills and he's good in the ring, I don't see why he shouldn't be in contention. No suprise that HBK won't lay down for Benjamin, even though he's suppossed to be getting a push and Micheals is basically doing exhibition matches.

D
Old 05-03-05, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shocked that Trippey lost that match. So, will Edge be winning this tournament thing?

Never was a big fan of Christian, but he's definitely becoming more likeable, especially since I can't stand Cena.
Old 05-03-05, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Derrich
Not only has Victoria not wrestled for over a month, but she was taken out of the opening montage and replaced with Christy skipping.

They let Molly quit and then 2 weeks later the Women's champ is out with an injury. Good job Vince. Why not put Molly and Victoria in a program while Trish is out? Now the only healthy female wrestler on the roster is Victoria and she's got a bum knee. Christy is hanging over Batista like she's a perk that goes with the championship and Maria can barely finish a sentence.
Actually Victoria has been wrestling on house shows.....jobbing to Christy.
Old 05-03-05, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Watching Trips tap to Benoit again made me very happy...watching Batista pull the rope away from him was fucking pure comedy gold...
Old 05-03-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For all the people who love to hate on Triple H, he's jobbed back to back nights. I'm sure many of you thought he was going to win the gold rush tournament but to your surprise he didn't.

Interesting how they give Christian a push here but jobs to Kane. That just makes Raw look like a ten times stronger show if he goes over to Smackdown and beats Cena.
Old 05-03-05, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So recap, anywone? Or do I have to wait for the weekend shows...

I give props to HHH for losing in the first round of whatever this tourney is... to Benoit, again, even. What is this tourney for? Number one contender?

Smackdown already looks weak, even though they do have some talent. I mean, doesn't Orlando still have the USA title? When's the last time someone wrestled him for it?

So are the tag champs exempt from the roster draft too? Not that it matters much, because they have so few established tag teams (that aren't made up of single stars wanting to get into some kind of match).
Old 05-03-05, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The only surprising thing is not that Trips dropped two matched on two different nights, but how the WWE writers will be forced to come up with a way to get him back into the number one contender for the World Title. The day I believe the WWE will be doing the right thing for it's viewers is when Trips is out of the World Title chase.

Here is the World Championship list from the WWE's own website dating back to Sept. 2002.

CHAMPION DEFEATED LOCATION DATE
Triple H n/a Milwaukee, WI 09-02-02
Shawn Michaels Triple H New York, NY 11-17-02
Triple H Shawn Michaels Fort Lauderdale, FL 12-15-02
Goldberg Triple H Hershey, PA 09-21-03
Triple H Goldberg Orlando, FL 12-14-03
Chris Benoit Triple H New York, NY 03-14-04
Randy Orton Chris Benoit Toronto, Ontario 08-15-04
Triple H Randy Orton Portland, OR 09-12-04
Triple H n/a Puerto Rico 01-09-05
Batista Triple H Los Angeles, CA 04-03-05

The longest stretch was 6 months and don't you know Trips was invovled in almost every title angle except for the minor distraction between Benoit and Orton's title ppv. How many rematches did Michaels, Benoit and Orton recieve after they dropped the belt? Those guys were almost quickly written into other angles. But does that ever happen to Trips? Of course not.
Old 05-04-05, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jobbing Christian yet again is really starting to get on my nerves. Not that I should be surprised. Benjamin/Michaels was an excellent match with a bad outcome. Benjamin is a great worker but is only so/so on the mic. A win over Michaels would have been a big boost and would overshadow his mic work. At least Kane had the decency to stop sexually assulting women when he turned face, Viscera just kept on going.

I'm back on the market ......The BLACK market
Old 05-04-05, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dancinns
Thanks for starting the thread, Pixy.
I'll think twice about it next time.. even when he loses it's just "Blah blah blah Triple H blah blah blah Triple H!"
Old 05-04-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, I watched the first fifteen minutes before I had to go to work this morning.. if people want to complain about something I think we should be complaining about Kane for fuck's sake. Even when Triple H dominates he puts on some excellent matches and at least makes his opponents credible (unless they're Hurricane or something). Has Kane or his shit "brother" lost a match in the last year? Have either of them helped to elevate anybody? They're only involved in squash matches essentially, making them seem like invincible monsters, when both of them are slow, stale and rancid.

Now I look like the pot calling the kettle black as I'm sure I've mentioned how much Kane sucks (unless Shit Hogan happened to be on that show) every week. I'm certainly not going to claim Trips doesn't have backstage draw, cause that would be rather naive.. but the guy obviously works his ass off each week, it's not like he's married to the boss's daughter and come out to "Hogan"-up the ring every week.
Old 05-04-05, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All I have to say is that the Benjamin/HBK match was the best match I've seen in YEARS on Raw. I was shocked when Michaels' music hit. That is the type of showdown they usually save for a PPV. Impressive.
Old 05-04-05, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh and Viscera is awesome
Old 05-05-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Da Thrilla
All I have to say is that the Benjamin/HBK match was the best match I've seen in YEARS on Raw. I was shocked when Michaels' music hit. That is the type of showdown they usually save for a PPV. Impressive.
Whoa! You weren't kidding. Benjamin is awesome, but I've been saying that since he debuted under Kurt Angle. That last sweet chin music was sick, just sick. That was an amazing Raw especially coming off of a PPV where action is usually light. I'm kind of hoping to see Benoit and Edge advance for a rematch and getting a Benoit vs. Batista main event for the belt. Benoit's not going to take that brick to head lightly if he gets a rematch on Edge.
Old 05-05-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's good that Benjamin didn't win, I don't think they plan on pushing him to the main event just yet, so they can hold off on a huge victory for him. He really showed his stuff against HBK, so he's definitely on his way.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.