Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw 4-25-05 "Christian's Chance"

Old 04-25-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WWE Raw 4-25-05 "Christian's Chance"

CHRISTIAN'S CHANCE
APRIL 25, 2005

Tonight on Monday Night RAW from the United Kingdom, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, Batista and much more...

Last week on Monday Night RAW, Christian told Mr. McMahon he would have no problem winning the WWE Championship if he were moved to SmackDown! during next month's momentous Draft Lottery.

Well, Mr. McMahon told Christian he wouldn't have to wait that long to face a champion, placing Captain Charisma in a match against World Heavyweight Championship Batista, live this week on RAW from the United Kingdom. Will Christian prove his main-event worth when he takes on The Animal? Or will Batista make Christian another victim of his recent success? Watch RAW tonight on Spike TV (9/8 CT) to find out.

Also this week on RAW, hear from WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan and his tag team partner for Backlash, Shawn Michaels. What will these two legends have in store for Muhammad Hassan and Daivari at Backlash? Watch RAW to learn more.

Viscera did a favor for Trish Stratus last week when he took out Kane. "I do something for you and then you do something for me," Viscera said backstage afterwards. What exactly did Big Vis mean? Find out more on RAW when the Women's Champion and Viscera go out on the town.

Plus, what could be the fallout after Jim Ross scored an improbable upset victory over Triple H last week thanks to some timely help from Batista? And what kind of shape will JR be in after the beating he took?

Also, don't miss any final details regarding Backlash, which takes place live on pay-per-view on Sunday, May 1.

Watch RAW this Monday (9/8 CT) only on Spike TV.
Old 04-25-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Say what you want about Hogan...no one cuts a promo like he does.
Old 04-25-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

HHH managed to insert himself in a match that Christian could have really shone in. Go figure.

D
Old 04-25-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Say what you want about HHH...no one shits on someone else's match like he does.
Old 04-26-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A few comments:

Does anyone else feel Batista may wind up losing fan support? He's so flat on the mic. I get pumped when RAW starts then he gets on the mic and kills my enthusiasm. JR's more exciting on the than Batista.

Did anyone else notice the "Lets go Christian!" chants during his match with Batista?

Why does the WWE insist on rolling guys out in their hometown only to punk them?

Did anyone else think HHH shouldn't of got the pedigree on Batista? I would think they would continue having HHH attacking Batista but just narrowly missing the pedigree till the PPV. The story for the match could be can HHH even get his finishing move on Batista and if he does then what? If Batista kicks out you got HUGE crowd pop for the match.
Old 04-26-05, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Trish + Vis...
I smell Wrestlecrap!
Old 04-26-05, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Raw keeps getting worse and worse every week.

Some of my friends and I usually get all of the Raw PPVs (we gave up on Smackdown a while ago) but I have no interest in Backlash at all. Edge vs Benoit should be good and I'd like to see Jericho win the IC title but thats it.

Was I the only one who was pissed that Shawn Micheals chose Hogan as his partner? (I was hoping for Marty Janetty)

Last edited by cactusoly; 04-26-05 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-26-05, 02:40 AM

I think i'm on my way out of wrestling for a while. I thought HHH would take some time off after WM21 and give others a chance, but that aint gonna happen and Batista is so bad on the mic its just gonna give HHH an excuse to take the belt away.

This could've been the night Christian broke out. But nope. Instead we get more of the same from HHH. The Trish/Vis crap is a rehash of the Mark Henry stuff that was one of the worst angles in WWE history.

When they pranced the diva search girls down the ramp and announced them as the Raw Diva's I could imagine Victoria sitting in the back and wondering if Molly needs a tag team partner in the Indies. And now theyre gonna have ANOTHER Diva search, even after they already hired every girl from the first one.

Things we're going so well a year or so ago. I can only guess whats happening in the company that caused this mess.

Maybe TNA will get a decent TV deal soon.

D
Old 04-26-05, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Derrich
I think i'm on my way out of wrestling for a while. I thought HHH would take some time off after WM21 and give others a chance, but that aint gonna happen and Batista is so bad on the mic its just gonna give HHH an excuse to take the belt away.

This could've been the night Christian broke out. But nope. Instead we get more of the same from HHH. The Trish/Vis crap is a rehash of the Mark Henry stuff that was one of the worst angles in WWE history.

When they pranced the diva search girls down the ramp and announced them as the Raw Diva's I could imagine Victoria sitting in the back and wondering if Molly needs a tag team partner in the Indies. And now theyre gonna have ANOTHER Diva search, even after they already hired every girl from the first one.

Things we're going so well a year or so ago. I can only guess whats happening in the company that caused this mess.

Maybe TNA will get a decent TV deal soon.

D

Christian has the possibilty of getting over but they never give him a chance not to mention they job him out so much it kills his credibilty.

The funny thig about the last diva search is they hired all those women EXCEPT the one that seemed to have some talent the black chick Traci.
Old 04-26-05, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought Batista was pretty decent on the mic. He's laid back, he doesn't need to say much. I thought it sucked that Triple H was able to give him the Pedigree at the end. I like Batista but I am 95% sure (and everyone would probably agree with me) Triple H wins his title back at Backlash.

I thought Coach was funny as the special ref, but he has his nose so far up Triple H's ass, it's annoying.

The "Let's go Christian" chants were apparently because there were alot of his "peeps" in the crowd. After he pretty much insulted them all by making the teeth comment, I was surprised he got any support at all.
Old 04-26-05, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Batista is stiff on the mic...but not as stiff as Benoit used to be...or Shelton currently. Anywho...HHH needs to just go away...
Old 04-26-05, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was nice to see Regal get such an ovation, too bad it was followed up with a loss.

Trish is the only saving grace in her storyline right now. Lita still has the slut stink on her, and it's not going away anytime soon. Viscera is useless, and always has been. I can't believe he was brought back and is being used so prominently.
Old 04-26-05, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
It was nice to see Regal get such an ovation, too bad it was followed up with a loss.
Good ol' Vince McMahon - just can't resist having people lose or get humiliated in their hometown (or home country in this case).
Old 04-26-05, 12:05 PM

The only interesting match of the night, IMO, was Edge vs. Val Venis (aka Edge's newly ex-brother-in-law).

But nothing came of it. Apparently Val cares more about his place in the company then his sister...

Oh, and I'm glad they didn't forget to give Triple H some well deserved TV time.
Old 04-26-05, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I was totally surprised that Val didn't win..

He usually does when they allow him to wrestle..
Old 04-26-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Triple H!
Old 04-26-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Since I was watching the NBA playoffs live today (I usually TIVO everything), I caught Raw during commercial breaks for the first time in a long time.

I thought Edge's first wife was Val's sister, and that the one he was breaking up with now was his second wife, but I may be wrong. Otherwise, I would've looked for some stiffness in the match. Man the fans are brutal, with that Hardy chant, etc.... I thought the "insider" internet fan was a minority, but I guess this Edge/Lita thing is pretty common knowledge...

Christian had a ton of supporters in the UK, which was really surprising to me. I'm starting to like him more, mostly because of his personality and his performance in those Hollywood commercials. He was definitely way more over than Batista. Besides his buildup to beating HHH, Batista hasn't had much of a crowd reaction, or at least doesn't seem to.

For a second there, I thought they would hand Hassan and co. the belts, before they made it non-title.

Loved Mean Gene. Too bad the Brain won't travel anymore...

Didn't mind the comedy angle they're pulling with Trish/Viscera. though now Viscera almost has to win that match somehow to get the payoff. Although it was still in poor taste (gee, what's new?) for Trish to offer to drug Christy and offer her to him... Viscera seems to have a little more personality than I remember, though.

Not sure about HHH winning the title back so soon (though it wouldn't surprise me). Just doesn't make much sense, unless Batista is really bombing as a champion. The only other contender for the belt that they've built up to this point is Edge and his briefcase, and he's a heel, and will be for the foreseeable future. Doesn't make sense to have a match between him and HHH for the title. I mean really, who else is there? Unless the draft will shake everything up anyway (not sure how the draft is gonna work, anyone have any insight?)
Old 04-26-05, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
The "Let's go Christian" chants were apparently because there were alot of his "peeps" in the crowd. After he pretty much insulted them all by making the teeth comment, I was surprised he got any support at all.
I think the teeth comments were attempts by Christian to look like a heel, since that's his place in the industry right now. Most fans in attendance understand that and just go along with it, but give the performer his credit during and after the match to show their support.

I remember over a year ago, around the time before WM XX people were saying HHH would lose to Benoit and then take time off to work on another movie. So I was prepared to see Benoit start different angles with other wrestlers after WM, but low and behold, HHH was at Raw the next night and never left. Now, because of him and the horrible storylines, I've been rather uninterested in wrestling for the past couple months and don't look to be watching anytime soon.
Old 04-27-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mikewendt
The only interesting match of the night, IMO, was Edge vs. Val Venis (aka Edge's newly ex-brother-in-law).
Not so "newly"

The wife that Edge has been cheating on is his new, 2nd wife

Val's sister was his first wife and they've been divorced for quite a while.
Old 04-27-05, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

now if this was only happening during RAW:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005191443,00.html

Now that's a big fight out
By ANDREW PARKER

BOOZED-UP kickboxers fought an unscheduled bout with American telly wrestlers — in a posh hotel lobby.

Terrified guests dived for cover as the fighters squared up after a martial arts show, sending feet, fists and glasses flying.

They watched amazed as the boxers lashed out with a flurry of acrobatic spinning kicks and punches, while the touring grapplers hurled their opponents around the reception hall.

Ex-world kickboxing champ Kash “The Flash” Gill — 6ft 3in and 11st 6lb — claimed he was dragged around in a headlock by 22st, 6ft 5in wrestler Dave “Demon of the Deep” Bautista, 36.

One boxer was thrown over a table full of drinks and another over a baggage trolley before the row spilled outside.

A car park security barrier was smashed before police broke up Sunday’s midnight fight at the Hilton Hotel at Birmingham’s NEC complex.

The punch-up followed a kickboxing exhibition match for 500 guests, organised by 37-year-old Kash.

He said: “It had been a great night, but one of our tables was a bit rowdy after having too much to drink. In reception one of our blokes accidentally bumped into one wrestler and said sorry straight away.

“The wrestler said, ‘You will be’ and it all kicked off. The wrestlers were all giants and three of them had one of our blokes on the floor.

“I ran out to try to calm things down, but next thing I knew one wrestler had me in an armlock and was throwing me around like a doll.

“Somone told him I was a kickboxing champ and he backed off. But it was quite nasty with a couple of bloody noses and ripped shirts and T-shirts all over the lobby.

“It was probably the boozers on our side who started it, but the wrestlers didn’t use their strengths in a professional way and were out of order.”

One hotel worker said: “It was mayhem for about 15 minutes. The boxers were saying wrestling was fake and that the big guys couldn’t fight — so they just grabbed them.”

A World Wrestling Entertainment spokesman said: “Our guys were checking in when the boxers began making remarks. They weren’t happy.”

Police confirmed officers were sent. A spokesman said: “We sorted it out without any arrests.”
Old 04-27-05, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dave "Demon of the Deep" Bautista? When'd he get that nickname?
Old 04-27-05, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmm wasn't he leviathin in OVW? That could explain the nickname.

As far as the episode goes HHH makes me sick. I didn't mind any of the backstage skits involving HHH but when his entrance was longer than the challengers and the camera men go back and forth between HHH and Batista during Batista's entrance without showing Christian once I lost it. I've been a wrestling fan for 16 years and I've never wished an injury on anyone but I'd love to see that ass have the most painless career ending injury possible.
Old 04-27-05, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Christian's the man. It's about time people give him his due. He's had many great matches with Jericho, Edge, Benoit and makes those wrestlers who can't hold their own look good.

Man I feel so alone being the only Triple H fan here.

BTW, anybody know how much Backlash is for PPV? They only have five matches so far.

Last edited by edytwinky; 04-27-05 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-27-05, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose

Trish is the only saving grace in her storyline right now. Lita still has the slut stink on her, and it's not going away anytime soon. Viscera is useless, and always has been. I can't believe he was brought back and is being used so prominently.

Ouch

Old 04-28-05, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by edytwinky
Man I feel so alone being the only Triple H fan here.

BTW, anybody know how much Backlash is for PPV? They only have five matches so far.
I like the guy... But it's become the Triple H show, which gets way too repetitive...

and as far as the PPV... FREE! Go to a bar or your local Hooters. They always show them, you get a nice looking woman to serve you beers, and the prices through cable/satalite aren't worth the show anymore. And this is coming from a WWE fan.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.