Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Any Maverick fans here?

Old 04-24-05, 10:19 AM

Any Maverick fans here?

Marquis Daniels didn't play 1 minute yesterday for Dallas. Nelson loved Marquis, but every since Avery Johnson took over, he's getting little to no playing time. Anyone know why?
Old 04-24-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't seen a lot of the Mavs, but how good of a defender is Marquis? He might not fit into Avery's 'defense first' philosophy.
Old 04-24-05, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Mavs went on a hell of a run to finish the season. I don't think there are many Mavs fans that would care why Marquis isn't playing.
Old 04-25-05, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wondered why he wasn't playing either. Went to a game this year, sat center court 5th row. Lemme tell u that marquis guy has a crazy look to him. Dude is scary looking.
Old 04-25-05, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by the aftermath
I haven't seen a lot of the Mavs, but how good of a defender is Marquis? He might not fit into Avery's 'defense first' philosophy.
Marquis was the only Maverick last year that played D. Defense is definately not a problem for 'Quis.
Old 04-25-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
I wondered why he wasn't playing either. Went to a game this year, sat center court 5th row. Lemme tell u that marquis guy has a crazy look to him. Dude is scary looking.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

Old 04-25-05, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by twikoff
WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

Oh, no wonder he's on the bench!

Old 04-25-05, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Oh, no wonder he's on the bench!

you didnt think sebring was asking because he gave a crap about the mavs, did you?
Old 04-25-05, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dude he loves the mavs, and the dunkin' douchebag...err I mean dutchman.

I wish I got to see more mavs games, but here they play the damn boring ass spurs games instead.
Old 04-25-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dude he loves the mavs, and the dunkin' douchebag...err I mean dutchman.

I wish I got to see more mavs games, but here they play the damn boring ass spurs games instead.
Yup, it's a real pain in the ass here in Austin. Fortunately come playoff time the Mavs are on for everygame. Here's hoping we both get to see lots of games
Old 04-25-05, 11:55 PM

My former roommate wasn't exactly a Mavs fan, but his favorite player is Michael Finley. I hadn't watched basketball for at least a few years, but he got me back into the game, and I'm rooting for the Mavs during the playoffs. Well, as long as they don't end up playing the Sonics.
Old 04-26-05, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm a Wizards fan, but seeing how the Mavs are the only team that doesn't trade with the Wizards while wearing a mask a holding a gun, they're my second favorite team.
Old 04-26-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What a great game last night regardless of which team you were rooting for. I'm a Rockets fan and the difference between last year and this year are crystal clear now. T-mac does not have blood in his veins. It's ice water! Had a hard time going to sleep after the great finish.

Chalk the loss to Van Horn choking (as he does for every team he plays for - he's like a white Chris Webber!) and Avery Johnson getting outcoached (he had the wrong people on the floor at times and the Mav's looked confused)
Old 04-26-05, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Franchise
What a great game last night regardless of which team you were rooting for. I'm a Rockets fan and the difference between last year and this year are crystal clear now. T-mac does not have blood in his veins. It's ice water! Had a hard time going to sleep after the great finish.

Chalk the loss to Van Horn choking (as he does for every team he plays for - he's like a white Chris Webber!) and Avery Johnson getting outcoached (he had the wrong people on the floor at times and the Mav's looked confused)
Yeah, Van Horn passing up his shot late in the game and funnelling the ball to an unsuspecting Nowitski was a bonehead move. Then he doesn't switch out and lets McGrady hit the game winner...

So much for homecourt advantage. Of course, Yao had a monster game after Dampier stupidly called him out, and Mcgrady was money... and Dirk had a very, very off night.
Old 05-03-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great games 3,4 and 5. This is the best series and the Mavs will win it all in 6 games. Holla!