Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Red Sox "Get Well" messages for No-mah

Old 04-21-05, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Red Sox "Get Well" messages for No-mah

Here's a few selected "get well" messages for No-mah on the Boston Globe message board:

I hope you fire your agent Nomar. That was pretty good advice he gave you when he said don't take the 4 years/$60 million...Get well buddy!!!

Hey Nomar,
You reap what you sow.

Hey Nomar,
Its your groin talkiing. Trust me I did this for you. You were only batting .157. I had to take it into my own hands.

Nomar:
You were greedy when you rejected the contract extension. You betrayed our colors last season, putting yourself ahead of team. You faked an injury last year, as evidenced by you not missing a start for weeks, after joining the Cubs. What goes around comes around. Give my best to your diva wife. You guys deserve each other.

Here's the bottom line folks:
Had Nomar not whined and bitched about the media, management, etc. last season, the NY Yankees would've been the AL Champs.
That fraud did Red Sox fans everywhere a favor.
Thanks Nomar. We'll see you on a soccer field soon.

Nomie,

I am not trying to be a wiseguy or a pessimist.
That being said, I can honestly say I am glad that you finally got what was coming to you. You spurnned a huge contract and a city that adored you in hopes of signing for more money somewhere else with less responsibility as 'a leader'. You put yellow caution tape around your locker because apparently $11Mil/year doesnt cover media conversation. You systematically transitioned from darling of the Boston organization, to Megastar, to Cancer-in-the-Clubhouse, because you simply had a terrible attitude. It's hard to imagine that you, of all players, couldn't put team first. I guess we should be thankful, since you were basically the catalyst for our World Series victory (thanks to OC and D.Rob).
John, Boston

P.S. Oh, and that 20 lbs of muscle you added in the offseason going in to '02? That was strict weight training, right?

Dear Nomar,
I am thinking about trying steroids. I don't want to be huge, just really ripped in case I'm ever photographed for sports illustrated. Do you have any advice?
-first pitch swinger

Nomar,
Thanks for pouting and wanting out of town...if you weren't such a baby we would have never won a world series with the OC and we wouldnt have edgar...thanks beautiful
Old 04-21-05, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you are going to leave a message, dont bother bringing up how big of an asshole Boston Dirt Dog has been to Nomar. Its been done and he just deletes them.
Old 04-21-05, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
If you are going to leave a message, dont bother bringing up how big of an asshole Boston Dirt Dog has been to Nomar. Its been done and he just deletes them.
They've actually got "Pray For Nomar" up on Dirt Dogs right now.
Old 04-21-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I think Boston Dirt Dog started the Get Well thread. Another site started posting stuff about him and it was deleted.
Old 04-22-05, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's good to see some fans aren't bitter towards Nomar despite winning a World Championship. Oh wait...
Old 04-22-05, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Seriously. Him leaving was probably a blessing in disguise for them, but some act like he killed one of their family members.
Old 04-22-05, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It wasn't a blessing in disguise... within weeks, it was obviously a blesson in every sense of the word. And not just getting him out of the clubhouse, but bringing in guys who brought the team together.
Old 04-22-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not that I like to see anyone get hurt, but I'll admit I felt a small amount of happiness when I heard this...guess the grass isn't always greener, eh Nomar? He could have been a Red Sox for life if he wanted...

just look at Wakefield..