Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

When is Hulk Hogan coming back?

Old 04-14-05, 04:11 PM
Banned

When is Hulk Hogan coming back?

I wanna see him back in wrestling, it sucks without him.
Old 04-14-05, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

umm soon...
Old 04-14-05, 04:40 PM

May 1 at Backlash.
Old 04-14-05, 07:55 PM

God help us I cannot stand that ego maniac he was big in the 80's but his time is done he should retire.
Old 04-14-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But Backlash won't be his last appearence......
Old 04-18-05, 02:10 AM

According to Dave Metzler he is confirmed for RAW tonight (4/18)
Old 04-18-05, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know what's worse.. JR being in a match or Hogan being there at all.
Come to think of it, JR could probably out wrestle Hogan at this point.
Old 04-18-05, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What the WWE needs to get back on top at this point is a 50+ year old, broken down, non-selling, marginally talented, self-protecting egomaniac who can't even do his one signature move anymore due to hip replacement. C'mon Hulkster! We need ya!
HO-GAN HO-GAN HO-GAN
Old 04-18-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hassan should enter the ring and lay down.
Old 04-18-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cant wait to see him in slow motion action tonight...
Old 04-18-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Took his sweet time getting to the ring, didn't he.....?
Old 04-18-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hogan is old and slow!
Old 04-18-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In an age where VH1 keeps cranking out insta-nostalgia it is fitting that Hogan generates such a pop.

Now, I would REALLY mark out if he came out in British Knights and acid-washed jeans.
Old 04-18-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Chances are he and HBK will lose the match at Backlash and hard feelings will be established. It will eventually culminate in a Hogan vs. HBK match at SummerSlam.
Old 04-18-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

answer to thread title:

about 15 minutes ago

west coasters, put on spike tv at 9:55pm
Old 04-19-05, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
Took his sweet time getting to the ring, didn't he.....?
who cares if he is 50+ years old and strutted down to the ring while HBK was being choked out. The fans went crazy for Hogan. I actually watched the whole segment without flipping the channels and Hogan had me interested in WWE again. Yes he is a nostalgia act and most people cheering are because of what he had done in the far distant past, but it tells you about the current WWE product when Hulk Hogan can get the biggest pop on the whole night with the same two leg kicks and punches that he always does. I really want to see the master lock or whatever over Hogan.
Old 04-19-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I made a point a week or more ago that Austin got a better reaction than Trips ever had. The Rock constantly got hugh pops when he made special appearances as did Foley. Yet these guys are only fillers as Trips doesn't want these guys back full time taking his spotlight. I'm all for these guys coming back cause it proves that no matter who you are married to or how much you threathen to fire the writers if they don't give you your way, HHH will never be able to convince or fool the fans that he is better or even in the same league as the others.
Old 04-20-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't understand why alot of people hate Hogan. I grew up watching him wrestle. It's great to see him again, especially since I just started watching the WWE again after a 14 year hiatus.
Old 04-20-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
I think HHH could have reached Austin or Rock status if it weren't for the whole marrying into the company/overexposure/all story lines must revolve around me. He seems to be a part of every segment and his in-ring speeches go on sooo long. Part of the appeal of Austin and Rock in their primes was the anticipation and knowing that they would only appear briefly on the show, usually at the very end.
Not to mention that being married into the family instantly makes him a target for all the internet marks. Not that his reputation is not deserved, but marrying the boss's daughter, people would talk about you any time you got a title shot (much like I destest Jarrett in TNA having the belt for that very reason). To be fair, Austin had personal problems and physical limitations (though he looks pretty good now) that forced him to retire, Foley had to leave for similar reasons (though some politics were involved too), and the Rock went to go make movies. I'm sure McMahon would take all three back in a heartbeat if they were willing and able. When they left, HHH was probably the biggest-name talent remaining. They even tried for a while to have Benoit and Jericho as the top-tier faces, and that didn't work out so well. Angle needs to help carry the other show. As long as HHH doesn't get the title back for at least a year, I'll be happy.

Back to Hogan: I have no problem with him coming back, as he is perhaps the most recognizable wrestler ever, and he helps the business by appearing. Just don't have him win the belt, or bury the younger talent, or wrestle too much. Heck, if Helliwig weren't crazy, I'd say bring the Ultimate Warrior back for some appearances too...
Old 04-20-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I don't understand why alot of people hate Hogan. I grew up watching him wrestle. It's great to see him again, especially since I just started watching the WWE again after a 14 year hiatus.
I guess for me, it went downhill after WM3. The whole Dream Team thing didn't interest me too much with Savage & Ms. Elizabeth. And I really started to concentrated on talent that had great technical backgrounds. When he started the nWo, I got interested again, but in the back of my mind, I just knew he couldn't wrestle his way out of a paper bag and that turned me off. Maybe if he had a stronger finishing move then the front kick and leg drop?
Old 04-20-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You know I have never understood why I have enjoyed Hogan so much myself...but I do. My favorite wrestler of all time is the Dynamite Kid...and Benoit is a close second...but for some reason I still mark out for "I am a Real American" the three punches, the big boot, and the leg drop.

Go figure.
Old 04-21-05, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hated Hogan when he became the face of what the WWF were all about in the 80's. Even though it was all McMahon's doing, it was Hogan who I hated for the downfall of promotions like World Class Championship Wrestling and the UHF. They just couldn't compete.

When Hogan became the face of the nWo/WCW and was doing damage to the WWF, I was all for him. Not because he was financially hurting the WWF, but because that storyline followed "traditional" wrestling storylines without the glitz that McMahon would have used.