Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw 4-11-05 "The Damage Done"

Old 04-11-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WWE Raw 4-11-05 "The Damage Done"

THE DAMAGE DONE
April 11, 2005

A number of Superstars were injured at the hands of opponents on last week's intense edition of RAW. What is the condition of Chris Benoit, whose already-damaged arm was blasted by a steel chair from Edge? What about Randy Orton, who said one shoulder was badly hurt trying to "kill" the legend of the Undertaker? It seemed that shoulder only got worse from damage done by Batista in last week's RAW main event.

Will Shawn Michaels be in any state to respond to the attack from Muhammad Hassan and Daivari? HBK was left in near-unconsciousness in the ring before being helped away by EMTs. Surely, if The Showstopper can make it to the arena in Moline, Ill., he'll find a way to get his hands on the brash newcomers.

And Christy was blindsided by a Trish Stratus sneak attack. Will the feisty Playboy cover girl kick back in kind? Also, more on the status of Lita's injury will be released this week.

We're sure to see new World Heavyweight Champion Batista, but will The Cerebral Assassin have a new game plan in effect? Plus, wherever the World Heavyweight Championship goes, "Money in the Bank" winner Edge is sure to follow. He could demand his championship opportunity at any time -- including this coming RAW.

Tune in to Monday Night RAW (9/8 CT; Spike TV) and watch it all unfold.
Old 04-11-05, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
In light of recent events, there's just SO MANY things wrong with that picture.
Old 04-11-05, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hell yeah... it makes it look more and more that the wwe cares more about an adulterer then matt hardy...

who cares... show me more trish
Old 04-11-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe the Ultimate Warrior will show up in the ring and blast liberals and gays.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=981

I saw the video, it was pretty funny.

Last edited by BlackCapTen; 04-11-05 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-11-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the full nelson as a finisher? what is this, 1986?
Old 04-12-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
hulk hogan vs a middle-easterner who does the camel clutch? what is this, 1986?
Old 04-12-05, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
Originally Posted by GuessWho
hulk hogan vs a middle-easterner who does the camel clutch? what is this, 1986?
I know Chris Masters wasn't getting over to begin with, but I think he really killed himself tonight.
He only puts up $1000 in his challenge?! That made him look so minor league. What are these guys getting paid? I remember the days when guys like Dusty Rhodes, JJ Dillion,Tully Blanchard, Jim Cornette or Bobby Heenan would put up AT LEAST $10,000 for some kind of 'challenge'.

I've never been a real HHH hater but tonight pissed me off. He loses the belt so to get his heat back he as to beat 2 guys clean in a handicapped match? Then Shawn Michaels can't get a handicapped match with Hassan and Daivari?! Is that because it would make make HHH look less dominate?

Also Molly does the job again. They couldn't at least let Victoria get the pin? I also noticed some boo's for Christy. I guess others notice this is bs.

They also announced another diva search. Molly and Victoria had better get their resumes ready for when they get the boot.

Last edited by Manco; 04-12-05 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-12-05, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The new Diva search surprised me. It was obvious during the last one that the fans hated it. And they ended up hiring half the girls anyway. So why not save everyone time and money and just hire T&A instead of making us suffer through 8 weeks of crappy contests that really have no consequence? And if they had to dump 2/3 of the womens division to hire the left over diva's las time, who's gonna go when they decide to hire 7 more pretty faces?

How come no one has worked a stiff match with Christy yet? I was sure Molly was gonna pop her a couple of times at least, just to get her attention. Where's William Regal when you need him?

D
Old 04-12-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Derrich
How come no one has worked a stiff match with Christy yet? I was sure Molly was gonna pop her a couple of times at least, just to get her attention. Where's William Regal when you need him?

D
Regal? Hell, put her in the ring with Bob Holly!
Old 04-12-05, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Forget that ... let the big show chokeslam her through a table
Old 04-12-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

New diva search? Hulk Hogan coming back? I give up. Good-bye WWE.
Old 04-12-05, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i dont mind the diva search because the girls are hot but if it takes time off the other stuff yeah...

hulk hogan... its awesome to have him back.... someone needs to get rid of hussan asap
Old 04-12-05, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
i dont mind the diva search because the girls are hot but if it takes time off the other stuff yeah...

hulk hogan... its awesome to have him back.... someone needs to get rid of hussan asap
I couldn't disagree more. The diva search was terrible and dragged forever. Hogan should stay far away, but I knew that was going to happen as soon as Bischoff said that it had to be a tag match.

However, I like Hassan. He can cut a decent promo, and seems to be a good worker. And the crazy Arabic screaming from Daivari is entertaining for some reason. BTW, that was a crucial leg drop from the top rope that he hit last night.
Old 04-12-05, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I could live without the Diva search, but Hogan coming back is awesome
Old 04-12-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
but Hogan coming back is awesome
No, no it's not.
Old 04-12-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scottall
I couldn't disagree more. The diva search was terrible and dragged forever. Hogan should stay far away, but I knew that was going to happen as soon as Bischoff said that it had to be a tag match.

However, I like Hassan. He can cut a decent promo, and seems to be a good worker. And the crazy Arabic screaming from Daivari is entertaining for some reason. BTW, that was a crucial leg drop from the top rope that he hit last night.

well if you read my post i said that i dont mind the diva search because the girls are hot but if it takes time off the wrestlers then yeah... maybe i forgot the wrestler part.

Hassan is annoying and is indirectly becoming a stale person. WWE is very weird on storylines and they are trying to give him an image from the hated arabic stance.

Hogan coming back is awesome. Hey can cut promos and dream matches can be done
Old 04-12-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
No, no it's not.
It is if you've always been a fan of his like me. You don't seem to like him.
Old 04-12-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dream matches? With Hogan?

My God. It's no wonder why the product is failing. We've got 12 year olds salivating over fake-ass plastic bitches with fake titties and people desperately clinging to decrepit wrestlers of ancient history. We've got people on this forum dismissing talent like Jericho, Benjamin, Orton, London, etc. while squirting their shorts for Undertaker, Kane and Hogan. What the fuck am I missing here?
Old 04-12-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
It is if you've always been a fan of his like me. You don't seem to like him.
I can't even see how a fan of his could tolerate his work now. He's absolute shit in the ring. He's slower than Kane, the other wrestlers have to baby up their arsenals for fear of shattering what's left of Hogan's frail exterior and then all the top talent will fall to a finger wave and a fucking leg drop. He does the exact same fucking thing every time he's been in the ring the last couple of years: finger wave, punch, punch, lariat whip, kick, adjusts the hearing aid and leg drop. So maybe he was great twenty or thirty years ago but he's not now and he's just embarrassing himself attempting to work now and insulting to all the fans of actual wrestling and the wrestlers themselves who have to make him look over them.
Old 04-12-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hassan is annoying and is indirectly becoming a stale person. WWE is very weird on storylines and they are trying to give him an image from the hated arabic stance.
He is a heel. His job is to bother you. I see no staleness from his character. WWE has always used world events to push a character and storylines.
Old 04-12-05, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lita & Kane sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Didn't he rape her not too long ago and force her to marry him?
Old 04-12-05, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah but when they started this off, they did it with poor taste. They compared him to a terrorist. Even the wrestling critics and Jerry Lawler himself didnt like it and even performed a shoot commentary on one of his promos.

Hogan is shit in the ring but he is still getting a bigger pop then any wrestler there. Imagine seeing hogan versus austin. Its a dream match.

Sorry but those girls are hot. thats what they are there for.
Old 04-12-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah but when they started this off, they did it with poor taste. They compared him to a terrorist. Even the wrestling critics and Jerry Lawler himself didnt like it and even performed a shoot commentary on one of his promos.
WWE is quite strong in the poor taste department. I couldn't care less what Lawler thinks. He should go too.

Hogan is shit in the ring but he is still getting a bigger pop then any wrestler there. Imagine seeing hogan versus austin. Its a dream match.
You say that like it's a good thing. He gets pops because he is one of the most celebrated wrestlers in history. Vince keeps bringing him back for this reason. He just needs to say no. He can barely walk and at Wrestlemania they were very careful not to show him running to the ring. I would like to see Austin come back, but not if he can't handle the work. I don't want to see him wrestle Hogan, though.

Sorry but those girls are hot. thats what they are there for.
They are, but to devote 20 minutes or more to it is ridiculous. Maybe they can get someone as talented as Hemme where we can have women's title matches as exciting as Hemme-Stratus. If they can't wrestle, they should stick to being valets and give more time to Molly Holly and Victoria.
Old 04-12-05, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
My God. It's no wonder why the product is failing. We've got 12 year olds salivating over fake-ass plastic bitches with fake titties and people desperately clinging to decrepit wrestlers of ancient history. We've got people on this forum dismissing talent like Jericho, Benjamin, Orton, London, etc. while squirting their shorts for Undertaker, Kane and Hogan. What the fuck am I missing here?
Gotta agree with the sentiment here [with the exception of London]. I love Hogan of the 80s too, but every.fucking.match. is the same thing. And ANOTHER Stank search? They must be planning on doing away with the "women's" division on Raw and turning it into another SmackDown! strokefest.

Originally Posted by scottall
He is a heel. His job is to bother you. I see no staleness from his character. WWE has always used world events to push a character and storylines.
Exactly. I read that backstage wasn't too happy with the throat slitting motion that he makes. Since he's done it since, i'm guessing Vince doesn't give a fuck. Personally, I find that tasteless.
Old 04-12-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

they'll probably use Hogan to boost PPV sales.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.