Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw 4-4-05 "Feel the fallout"

Old 04-04-05, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WWE Raw 4-4-05 "Feel the fallout"

Feel the fallout
April 4, 2005

Just 24 hours after the biggest night of the sports-entertainment calendar, WrestleMania, Monday Night RAW comes to you from Los Angeles.

When RAW hits the airwaves at 9/8 CT on Spike TV, Batista will spend his first Monday night as World Heavyweight Champion. What will Evolution have to say or do about that?

Also, Batista must be prepared for "Money in the Bank" Ladder Match winner Edge, who can pick the occasion for his World Heavyweight Championship opportunity at any time during the next 12 months.

And how will RAW's other Superstars respond coming off WrestleMania 21? Be sure to watch and find out..
Old 04-04-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

so will HHH get the title back tonight or will he let Batista keep it for a week or 2?
Old 04-04-05, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd support him getting it back just to piss off the internet kids.
Old 04-04-05, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If Haitch doesn't have one of the two big titles by Summerslam, I will eat my hat.
Old 04-04-05, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
If Haitch doesn't have one of the two big titles by Summerslam, I will eat my hat.
If you're trying to write out phonetically the letter H it would be probably Aitch.
What you've got there is "Hey-ch".
Old 04-04-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Backup:
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...onary&va=aitch
Old 04-04-05, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I dunno what is worse, calling him Haitch or Trips. Maybe Haitch is because he calls Flair, Naitch?
Old 04-04-05, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I read there's going to be a Christy vs. Trish rematch. Just when I though the WWE would do the right thing. They'll probably have her put Christy over tonight.
Old 04-04-05, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Manco
I read there's going to be a Christy vs. Trish rematch. Just when I though the WWE would do the right thing. They'll probably have her put Christy over tonight.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was true, and she won. Of course it'd be non-title, though. They did the same thing the night after the Royal Rumble. Randy Orton failed to beat Triple H at the Rumble when the title was on the line, but beat him easily the next night on RAW when the title wasn't at stake.
Old 04-05-05, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Manco
Well, unless you're on the WC, you've seen the result.

That's my girl.

I have to agree with posters over in the WM thread...though I have no dislike for him, I don't see Batista being able to carry for a significant length of time. Perhaps that's thanks to Haitch/Trips/Aitch
Old 04-05-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
If you're trying to write out phonetically the letter H it would be probably Aitch.
What you've got there is "Hey-ch".
You've obviously never heard William Regal say it. Thanks for ruining the gag with explanations though. 'Preciate it.

Batista wins the title at the biggest show of the year, and doesn't get ten seconds of mike time. He's not that popular yet where he can just coast.

Little purple bastard!

I wonder if Hassan wears that head covering through the airport.
Old 04-05-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was so happy with what Trish did to Hemme and Lita. Still, no Victoria? WHATSUPWITDAT!

After last week where Trips wasn't on Raw until after the first hour (which must be a record or he was late to the arena) He is back to starting and ending the show.

The best part of the entire Raw experience is that no matter how much Trips is forced onto the fans, he will never reach the level of SCSA or Ric Flair. Did you see the reaction Austin received on Raw? And it was reported that the crowd was pissed Flair didn't make an appearence.

It's past time for Trips to step aside and let the next generation into the main events.
Old 04-06-05, 12:05 AM

I was at Raw last night. It was a pretty good show. Austin blew the roof off the place, and people were "wooing" for Flair all night long.
Old 04-06-05, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hassan and Trish are the best heels in a long long time. But for once, I gotta give it to HHH because I couldn't stop laughing when the stepped out to the ring and screamed at the guy in the front row to the point where the guy just stood there looking scared.

D