WWE Raw 3/21/05 "Poisonous: The Animal vs. The Monster"

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 03-21-05, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Poisonous: The Animal vs. The Monster
March 21, 2005

The crowd in Birmingham, Ala., will witness an explosive matchup when Batista is forced to battle Kane on RAW. The match is being made by Evolution's Triple H, who selected Kane for Batista's "Pick Your Poison" Match.

The Cerebral Assassin knew just who to pick when Kane and Batista cleared Evolution from the ring last week on RAW. Now, the two will have to face each other. Kane will need to concentrate on the task at hand while holding his hatred for Gene Snitsky in check. Batista will simply need to survive the match with minimal damage with mere weeks before his milestone match headlining WrestleMania against Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship.

And what will Randy Orton have to say only days after his SmackDown! contract signing with the Undertaker? Before signing the contract, Orton made it clear that he respected the Deadman and his 12-0 WrestleMania record, but that he was intent on ending that winning streak. Then, in a shocking display, the Legend Killer slapped Undertaker across the face. What followed were signs from The Darkside that Orton had angered the Undertaker. What will happen next?
Old 03-21-05, 11:38 AM
Banned

Kane will destroy Basita to pieces!
Old 03-21-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

With Kane as main event, I will cordially skip this show.
Old 03-21-05, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I read that Marty Janetty officially signed with WWE. I caught his match on Smackdown against Angle, I thought it was pretty good.
Old 03-21-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

marty jannety.!?!?!?!?

Bring back KOKO b WAre....bird bird bird.... bird bird bird
Old 03-21-05, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
I read that Marty Janetty officially signed with WWE. I caught his match on Smackdown against Angle, I thought it was pretty good.
He did look MUCH better than most of these old guys coming back with an extra 150 punds to them.
Old 03-21-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
He did look MUCH better than most of these old guys coming back with an extra 150 punds to them.
Yes, that's exactly what I thought. I hope he doesn't become the resident loser and just get beaten every match. I guess he shouldn't based on how well he did against Angle.
Old 03-21-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I dunno... he was a pretty good wrestler back in the day, but he got dumped to 3rd tier once they elevated Shawn Michaels and their tagteam-splitting fued was over. I admit, he looked good last week, but I'm still of the opinion that the older wrestlers should help the younger ones get "over"... maybe put him in a tag team with a younger guy or something.
Old 03-21-05, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's good to see him getting a regular gig, but it won't really lead anywhere. He'll start off with a few high profile matches and maybe even score an win over Christian or Maven, but he'll be jobbing mostly. Pair him with someone like Paul London or Shannon Moore, but don't use The Rockers name. Unless Jannetty is bringing an actual rocker to the ring with him and sitting in it.
Old 03-21-05, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i can sum up marty's outlook

Fighting Kurt Angle

Then

Fighting Maven

Then

Losing a Pajama Pillow Fight to Lita

Then

Fired for evidently sucking after contract signing

then

reapplying to McDonalds custodian job.
Old 03-21-05, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He could always sleep with Lita to get some crowd heat.
Old 03-21-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
He could always sleep with Lita to get some crowd heat.
But think first...would you really want to suffer through that just for some heat ?

I think not .
Old 03-21-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't watch Smackdown much, but I saw it last week and noticed that guy Paul London, his music and his attire reminds me of the Rockers... also reminded me of Ultimate Warrior for some reason.
Old 03-21-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you Tivo'd tonights Raw, there is about a 15 minute Trips H interview you can skip. His interview was leaving the people hanging, literally. I saw a few people hang themselves during his interview.

You sure can tell he married into the family. Halfway thru it they dimed the lights and gave him a spotlight.
Old 03-21-05, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How long before Orton gives Stacy the RKO?
Old 03-21-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Steam
not long lol
Old 03-21-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Steam
And a winner for those of you who had "under four minutes" in your office pool.
Old 03-21-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

buh bye Randy
Old 03-22-05, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

the Taxi driver trailer or attempted trailer was freaking hilarious.....

The Big Show and Batista were the funniest
Old 03-22-05, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Saddest part of the show: Molly having to lay down and give Christy a clean win. There are a lot better ways to make Christly look credible for...wait a minute, I take that back, theres no way to make Christly look credible.

Happiest part: Right after Orton RKO'd Stacy, you can see a young girl in the first row who is freakin' estatic. She's jumping up and down and clapping like crazy cuz her dream lover just took out the competition.

D
Old 03-22-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706
the Taxi driver trailer or attempted trailer was freaking hilarious.....

The Big Show and Batista were the funniest
Big Show has a lot of comedy skills. He stole the show when The Rock first hosted SNL, he did a bunch of different characters in the ring for a while, and he was the highlight of this latest trailer. I was dying when he got clobbered by the boom mike and he glared off-camera.

Did you hear, there's going to be awards given out for Best WM Trailer, Best Actor, Actress, etc... Ooh, I hope Haitch wins for Braveheart!
Old 03-22-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I remember seeing Marty a few years ago doing some local wrestling in the Memphis area. He still had the long hair and he easily weighed 60 pounds more than he does now. He has really whipped himself into shape.
Old 03-22-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Big Show was hilarious..... Even Caribbean Cool guy was funny....Snitsky has comedy skills
Old 03-22-05, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wonder if they'll do something with Orton and his dad...

so did they announce that he's moving to Smackdown? From the comments, I guess he finally turned full heel again, but I didn't watch the show..

I wouldn't mind Jannetty teaming up with someone else under a "new rockers" monicker or something. But I think JR had it right on: the best tag teams are defined by their tandem moves, which seems to be lost now that they're just pairing up leftover singles wrestlers (those who are not involved in a major fued at the moment) and calling them tag teams.

BTW, speaking of tag teams, whatever happened to the Dudley Boys? I only catch the weekend recaps, but I haven't seen them in a long time.

Last edited by fujishig; 03-22-05 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-22-05, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Derrich
Saddest part of the show: Molly having to lay down and give Christy a clean win. There are a lot better ways to make Christly look credible for...wait a minute, I take that back, theres no way to make Christly look credible.
I totally agree.

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Big Show has a lot of comedy skills. He stole the show when The Rock first hosted SNL, he did a bunch of different characters in the ring for a while, and he was the highlight of this latest trailer. I was dying when he got clobbered by the boom mike and he glared off-camera.
He always brings teh funny on Conan. There was one time when he, Tom Selleck [another great Conan guest] and some senior citizen sex expert from Oxygen was on. Both he and Selleck had me .

Originally Posted by fujishig
I wonder if they'll do something with Orton and his dad...
Yeah, that would be the ultimate FU..

oh wait, wrong wrestler..

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.