Reload this Page >

Where is Mark Malone?

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Where is Mark Malone?

Old 02-17-05, 04:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is Mark Malone?

You know the guy that messed up all the time doing NFL Live on ESPN.

Did ESPN fire him?
Old 02-17-05, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mark Malone has been let out of his ESPN contract so he can take over as WBBM-CBS sports director and top sports anchor in Chicago, succeeding Mike Adamle
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/03/26/Sp...__Rock_R.shtml
Old 02-17-05, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
Mark Malone has been let out of his ESPN contract so he can take over as WBBM-CBS sports director and top sports anchor in Chicago, succeeding Mike Adamle

Ah, Mike Adamle. I've wondered where he's been since American Gladiators.
Old 02-17-05, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

He left ESPN to take over the sports department at the worst run and lowest rated newscast in Chicago. They're like the Orioles, they spend big money on big free agents and still suck. The Simpsons and Friends re-runs get better ratings.....but American Gladiators ruled!
Old 05-03-05, 01:54 PM

please know what you are talking about before posting

Miss Shelley So-In-So,

I am an ESPN News Anchor in Bristol. I worked with Mark for years; He NEVER made a mistake when I was around. ESPECIALLY hosting his show NFL 2 NIGHT. You may be thinking of someone else, as the show was not called NFL LIVE when Mark was here. He left Bristol for a million dollar contract, that several people here were dying for! He is extremely talented and very cool. Please know what you are talking about before you open your mouth...
Old 05-03-05, 01:55 PM

P.S. Management is STILL pissed that he broke his contract..He was not fired...he quit! We get paid like sh_t here!
Old 05-03-05, 02:06 PM

Cbs 2 Ratings

From What I Have Seen Ratings At Channel Two In Chicago Have Gone Up Quite A Bit. They Should Be....with Mark And A Great Team They Will Go Higher. When I'm In Chicago, I'm Amazed That Abc Is The Highest...the Are So Botoxed, Old And Boring...give Me A Break! Come On Chi-town Wake The Hell Up!
Old 05-03-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SPORTSANCHOR

I am an ESPN News Anchor in Bristol.
Liar.

But if you're not lying and your name is stuart scott, do us all a favor and stop being such a god damn douchebag.
Old 05-03-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
Liar.

But if you're not lying and your name is stuart scott, do us all a favor and stop being such a god damn douchebag.
I think that applies to all ESPN guys not named Dan Patrick, Chris Berman, Karl Ravich or any of the Baseball Tonight guys.
Old 05-03-05, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Liar.

Dang, that was cooler than the other side of the pillow. Booyah!

http://alienlovespredator.com/index.php?id=5
Old 05-03-05, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ESPN anchor guy can't find the edit button.

That's like rain on your wedding day.
Old 05-03-05, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am an ESPN News Anchor in Bristol.
I'm pretty sure ESPN anchor have better things to do than e-mail me about how great the ratings at Channel 2 are....and I'm also pretty sure their schools in correct sentence structure.
Old 05-03-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stevevt
ESPN anchor guy can't find the edit button.

That's like rain on your wedding day.
and the red rage on your wedding night
Old 05-03-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Miss Shelley So-In-So,

I am an ESPN News Anchor in Bristol. I worked with Mark for years; He NEVER made a mistake when I was around. ESPECIALLY hosting his show NFL 2 NIGHT. You may be thinking of someone else, as the show was not called NFL LIVE when Mark was here. He left Bristol for a million dollar contract, that several people here were dying for! He is extremely talented and very cool. Please know what you are talking about before you open your mouth...
Mark? Is that you?
Old 05-04-05, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
great. Dalvin has migrated to sports
Old 05-04-05, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
I think that applies to all ESPN guys not named Dan Patrick, Chris Berman, Karl Ravich or any of the Baseball Tonight guys.
Actually I think it applies to a few of the baseball tonight guys too (but thankfully not all of them)
Old 05-04-05, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jericho
Actually I think it applies to a few of the baseball tonight guys too (but thankfully not all of them)
Who is annoying on Baseball Tonight? I don't think there's one guy that I can't stand, Kruk included.
Old 05-04-05, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Who is annoying on Baseball Tonight? I don't think there's one guy that I can't stand, Kruk included.
Well my list defintely starts with John Kruk, who's unfortunately always there it seems. I'd also say thay while Harold Reynolds has grown on me over the years, he's still prone to just stupid ass comments. So he's on there part time. Ravech and Kinney are good. Gammons has his tendencies, but is good. The other guys aren't even on that much usually, so that may be a good thing (although I like Tim Kurkjian and Jayson Stark when he would do it despite his obscure stat fetish). A lot of the former ballpalyers they bring on seem to be misses though (which again goes back to Kruk and especially early Reynolds).
Old 05-04-05, 11:34 AM
Banned

Larry Bowa
John Kruk
Peter Gammons
Old 05-04-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Elldubtoo
Larry Bowa
John Kruk
Peter Gammons
I haven't Bowa at all yet, but I don't watch the show nightly.

Kruk may speak like he barely graduated 7th grade, but he (and Reynolds) are good for the show because they can actually break down specific parts of the game, much more than Ravich or Gammons could. By that, I mean the specific athletic parts of the game, not the thinking part.

Gammons may be annoying because his obvious allegiance to the Red Sox, but I think you'd be pressed to find anyone in baseball that a) knows more about the game and b) has better connections and information than he does.
Old 05-04-05, 11:49 AM
Banned

I haven't Bowa at all yet, but I don't watch the show nightly.

Kruk may speak like he barely graduated 7th grade, but he (and Reynolds) are good for the show because they can actually break down specific parts of the game, much more than Ravich or Gammons could. By that, I mean the specific athletic parts of the game, not the thinking part.

Gammons may be annoying because his obvious allegiance to the Red Sox, but I think you'd be pressed to find anyone in baseball that a) knows more about the game and b) has better connections and information than he does.

I don't think Bowa is a regular, just like Jeff Brantley. I'm not sure, I don't want it nightly either.

Kruk is fat.

You asked who's annoying on the show not who doesn't know shit. Gammons might know a lot of stuff about the game but I'm sure there are guys who know a lot more than he does. As for connections and information, in Moneyball the book, Billy Beane treated him like a nuisance. Just say some random crap/rumors to get rid of him.
Old 05-04-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Elldubtoo
I don't think Bowa is a regular, just like Jeff Brantley. I'm not sure, I don't want it nightly either.

Kruk is fat.

You asked who's annoying on the show not who doesn't know shit. Gammons might know a lot of stuff about the game but I'm sure there are guys who know a lot more than he does. As for connections and information, in Moneyball the book, Billy Beane treated him like a nuisance. Just say some random crap/rumors to get rid of him.
Wow, quite defensive aren't you?
Old 05-04-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Kruk is annoying from an analyst standpoint. He's much better suited for gigs like The Best Damn Sports Show Period.
Old 05-04-05, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Kruk is annoying from an analyst standpoint. He's much better suited for gigs like The Best Damn Sports Show Period.
Purely from an analyst perspective, I agree. However he and Reynolds are great guys to have because they've played the game, and have specific knowledge about the game that guys like Gammons or Ravich will never have.
Old 05-04-05, 08:13 PM
Banned

Wow, quite defensive aren't you?

How am I being defensive?