Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

Michael Jordan to come back (again) with Shaq?

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Michael Jordan to come back (again) with Shaq?

Old 09-23-04, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by twikoff
in an interview with jordan.. MJ says he is not coming back and wasnt even considering the idea.

i guess for now on, every time he plays a pickup game that includes some current nba players.. or anytime he is seen excercising.. there will be rumors that he is making a comeback
But the story was that MJ called Shaq with interest to play for Miami

Maybe not true...maybe...but MJ plays pickup games all the time..why is this week a different story? I never believed MJ ever so...if he says he didn't then I believe he did.
Old 09-24-04, 12:24 AM
Banned

Why do you people keep saying you do not want to see MJ come back? The guy is a freakin LEGEND! Let him play until he's 80 and in a walker...I'd still watch him! Who in their right mind would not watch MJ in a basketball game due to his age? Please! It's freakin Michael Jordan we're talkin about here!

I just don't understand all the hate for wanting to come back? If he wants to play again, let him play again. It's his life, and he can do whatever he wants with it. Whether he sucks on the court or not, we're still watching Michael-freakin-Jordan play basketball. That in itself will never change, and will always be an entertaining site to see! Come on back Mike!
Old 09-24-04, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

maybe he should try out for football; he could try out as a WR.
Old 09-24-04, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by isamu
Why do you people keep saying you do not want to see MJ come back? The guy is a freakin LEGEND! Let him play until he's 80 and in a walker...I'd still watch him! Who in their right mind would not watch MJ in a basketball game due to his age? Please! It's freakin Michael Jordan we're talkin about here!

I just don't understand all the hate for wanting to come back? If he wants to play again, let him play again. It's his life, and he can do whatever he wants with it. Whether he sucks on the court or not, we're still watching Michael-freakin-Jordan play basketball. That in itself will never change, and will always be an entertaining site to see! Come on back Mike!
ppl don't wanna see an MJ that they're not used too. He was a good player in Washington but no longer a great one.

We don't wanna see a player who can barely dunk anymore cuz he has 2 bad knees. We don't wanna see a player who settles for jump shots cuz he can't beat anyone off the dribble anymore. We don't wanna see MJ shoot 40%. We don't wanna see him get torched by the likes of T-Mac, AI and Kobe
Old 09-24-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
I don't care about seeing Jordan play anymore, but if he wants to, more power to him. I'm glad players want to play because they like the game, not because they're trying to "uphold their legacy" and look good in the record books.