Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Barry Bonds: .369/.626/.828

Old 06-11-04, 06:22 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 795
Barry Bonds: .369/.626/.828

I demand a DNA test. The man isn't human! A .626 OBP just shouldn't be allowed.l
aynrandgirl is offline  
Old 06-11-04, 06:46 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
chrisih8u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: A few miles north of the Cape
Posts: 18,335
He should definatley be tested. But not a DNA test.
chrisih8u is offline  
Old 06-11-04, 10:39 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,848
Originally posted by chrisih8u
He should definatley be tested. But not a DNA test.


Amen to that brotha, amen.
Deftones is offline  
Old 06-11-04, 10:40 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,497
i was thinking they need to do steroid test on all the pitchers that have gotten him out!!!

i mean, damn.. he should have 1.000/1.000/1.000

so obviously those guys are hitting some serious juice
twikoff is offline  
Old 06-11-04, 11:02 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In my mind.
Posts: 7,694
Test him! And Sosa, Giambi, Sheffield, etc..................
the aftermath is offline  
Old 06-11-04, 11:08 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,848
Originally posted by the aftermath
Test him! And Sosa, Giambi, Sheffield, etc..................
No. It's obvious those guys aren't using....
Deftones is offline  
Old 06-11-04, 11:12 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,497
Originally posted by the aftermath
Test him! And Sosa, Giambi, Sheffield, etc..................
and griffey, pujols, dunn, finley, burnitz, scorcho, castilla, ramirez, alou, thome, rolen, guerrero, beltre, lowell, berkman, etc...
twikoff is offline  
Old 06-11-04, 11:35 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
You'd have to be nuts to think that Bonds is continuing to use steroids after all the scandals in the last year.

.. and he's still putting up the #s.

Some people are just afraid to admit that he's one of the most talented players we've seen in 50 years.
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 06-11-04, 11:47 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In my mind.
Posts: 7,694
Originally posted by El Scorcho
You'd have to be nuts (or a serious hater) to think that Bonds is continuing to use steroids after all the scandals in the last year.
Agreed.
the aftermath is offline  
Old 06-11-04, 12:31 PM
  #10  
Retired
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 27,449
Originally posted by El Scorcho

Some people are just afraid to admit that he's one of the most talented players we've seen in 50 years.
Not to mention steroids don't make you more talented anyway. Bigger and stronger yes, and that will impact your performance positively, but you still have to have the talent and skill.
Josh H is offline  
Old 06-11-04, 12:31 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,497
argh
20 minutes and still nothing....
twikoff is offline  
Old 06-11-04, 02:11 PM
  #12  
Stealth Moderator
 
namja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: In Transit, HQ
Posts: 24,988
Re: Barry Bonds: .369/.626/.828

Originally posted by aynrandgirl
I demand a DNA test. The man isn't human! A .626 OBP just shouldn't be allowed.l
Maybe that's part of his plan, to suck for a while so he can fool people into thinking that he wasn't on anything.

He probably is on something. Like Creatine ... and Gatorade.
namja is offline  
Old 06-14-04, 12:52 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 14,204
Originally posted by El Scorcho
You'd have to be nuts to think that Bonds is continuing to use steroids after all the scandals in the last year.

.. and he's still putting up the #s.

Some people are just afraid to admit that he's one of the most talented players we've seen in 50 years.
That's just crazy talk. Why shouldn't he still be using? Baseball isn't going to randomly test him. Even if they did, hell, they wouldn't even release his name. Let alone suspend him or fine him or anything else.

And again... say that Barry Bonds decided over the winter to stop taking steroids. He would be pretty clean by now... don't you think he would have stepped forward and said, hell yeah, let's go out someplace and I'll pee into a cup?

And for the record -- does this mean that you concede that Bonds was shooting up? If so... wouldn't his muscle mass have dropped if he went off the juice? No matter how many weights he lifted or how many "protein shakes" he imbibed?
NCMojo is offline  
Old 06-14-04, 01:08 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,497
Originally posted by NCMojo

And again... say that Barry Bonds decided over the winter to stop taking steroids. He would be pretty clean by now... don't you think he would have stepped forward and said, hell yeah, let's go out someplace and I'll pee into a cup?
no other player can step up and say lets go pee in a cup.. because noone wants to face the wrath of the union

barry isnt in the union.. so he could do as he pleases.. but really no reason for him to do anything that will seperate him further from the rest of baseball
twikoff is offline  
Old 06-14-04, 02:07 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,790
Originally posted by twikoff
and griffey, pujols, dunn, finley, burnitz, scorcho, castilla, ramirez, alou, thome, rolen, guerrero, beltre, lowell, berkman, etc...
Dabaomb is offline  
Old 06-14-04, 02:12 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
I did jack 3 HRs last week. It's the juice baby!

I like'a tha juice. Tha juice is good.

El Scorcho is offline  
Old 06-14-04, 02:27 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 853
He's on track for the best season (rate based) ever again.
Shamu is offline  
Old 06-14-04, 02:33 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
I know I am, but what about Barry?
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 06-14-04, 02:38 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
Plz update this thread title to:

Barry Bonds: .376/.628/.842

Even more remarkable:

HOME:
.473 / .695 / 1.200

In a pitcher's park!
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 06-14-04, 04:20 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,497
Originally posted by Dabaomb
FINALLY!!!
twikoff is offline  
Old 06-14-04, 11:02 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 488
Originally posted by El Scorcho
Plz update this thread title to:

Barry Bonds: .376/.628/.842

Even more remarkable:

HOME:
.473 / .695 / 1.200

In a pitcher's park!
Imagine if his home park was Coors Field...

So far this season (only 14 PA):
.667/ .857 / 1.833
Aldarion is offline  
Old 06-15-04, 02:56 AM
  #22  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Washington, IL
Posts: 228
Originally posted by El Scorcho
Plz update this thread title to:

Barry Bonds: .376/.628/.842

Even more remarkable:

HOME:
.473 / .695 / 1.200

In a pitcher's park!
What?

Does anyone else think that Pac Bell (SBC) is sure as hell NOT a pitcher's park?

Isn't the left field only 339 feet and right field only a pathetic 309 feet?

Does the wind blow in all the time or something? Why would you call it a pitcher's park???
JurisIL is offline  
Old 06-15-04, 03:03 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
Originally posted by JurisIL
What?

Does anyone else think that Pac Bell (SBC) is sure as hell NOT a pitcher's park?

Isn't the left field only 339 feet and right field only a pathetic 309 feet?

Does the wind blow in all the time or something? Why would you call it a pitcher's park???
Don't mind the distance down the lines. Check out how huge the power alleys are. It takes a total bomb to get it out of Left Center and Center field.

Then take into account the cold air at night in the bay area. And the swirling winds. Balls do not travel in that park at all.

I can't find any ballpark stats to back this up -- maybe some of the gurus in here can. I'm pretty sure the runs/game during PacBell/SBC's inception is in the bottom 33% of the league.
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 06-15-04, 03:08 AM
  #24  
Stealth Moderator
 
namja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: In Transit, HQ
Posts: 24,988
Originally posted by El Scorcho
Don't mind the distance down the lines. Check out how huge the power alleys are. It takes a total bomb to get it out of Left Center and Center field.
Yup.

Also, the 309 is a little deceiving as that wall is pretty high. Over 20 feet I think.
namja is offline  
Old 06-15-04, 03:10 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
Ok, Found it on ESPN.

Looking at runs scored park factor, SBC is 18th out of 30.

For home runs, it's 20th out of 30.

Both ratings are around .930, where anything above 1.000 is considered a hitter's park. Below 1.000 is a pitcher's park.

So yeah, one of the few pitcher's parks in the league.
El Scorcho is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.