Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone that's been to Shea Stadium, I need help about seats....

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 06-02-04, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Ok, so for my and El Shorto's NY trip in September, we've got tix for 2 of the 3 NYY/BOS games. The Mets are in town playing the Braves, so we thought we'd catch one of those games too, so that we can cross Shea off our lists.

Here's a question about the seating arrangements.

They have the loge reserved section, where tickets are $33. They then have the loge reserved section, but the seats are at the very back of the loge section. Those tickets are only $14. So my question is, why would I want to buy the $33 tickets instead of the $14 tickets?

Is there obstructed views? Are they bad seats? What is a good seat at Shea (if there is such a thing)?

Here is a picture of the stadium, so if there is something better and reasonably priced, please offer up the info.

Old 06-02-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The loge are awesome seats. It is one level above the field seats and offers a great view....however towards the back you will lose site of fly balls because of the deck above...I do not remember how many rows it goes back....but buy those and move around.

Honestly, you will not like Shea. Here is a pic I found as you see the loge (secojnd level in blue) has seats that go under the above level.

Last edited by Flashback; 06-02-04 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-02-04, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Flashback
The loge are awesome seats. It is one level above the field seats and offers a great view....however towards the back you will lose site of fly balls because of the deck above...I do not remember how many rows it goes back....but buy those and move around.

Honestly, you will not like Shea.
Thanks. I figured that was the issue with those seats. I don't plan on liking Shea. I just want to say I've been there.

Darkelf, where the hell are you? You are a Mets fan.
Old 06-02-04, 09:59 PM

Yes, you will not be able to see any fly balls. I find it to be *very* annoying. You want Loge Box seats. If they have to be Loge Reserved, get the closest ones to the field (duh). Same issue with Mezzanine level seats.
Old 06-02-04, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk God

well, thanks for the help. I got the upper level tickets for $14 right behind home plate. They are front row, so that's nice. Section 002, Row A, seats 5, 6.

As Scorcho said before I bought the tickets "we aren't going to enjoy a game, just to cross it off our lists."
Old 06-03-04, 04:05 AM

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
Thanks. I figured that was the issue with those seats. I don't plan on liking Shea. I just want to say I've been there.

Darkelf, where the hell are you? You are a Mets fan.
SOME of us have jobs, for Christ's sake! What do you take me for, some deadbeat on unemployment?!!

Dude, I'm a Mets fan who hasn't lived near New York in 20 years, and I haven't been to Shea Stadium in probably 7 or 8 years.

All I remember about Shea is that it's a rat-infested hole within walking driving flying distance of bars.

But it's Shea Stadium, and I love it, much like an old person might still love their POS car from high school, even if it is up on blocks and rusting out. Plus, it doesn't have a fricking corporate name!
Old 06-03-04, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DarkElf
Plus, it doesn't have a fricking corporate name!
Patience, it will happen soon enough

Have fun guys...wait till you see how annoying those planes can get....and how friggin big that scoreboard is in left-center.

How many is this and what others are you going to this year?

I'm trying to hit Cincy, Fenway (will be at Yankee Sta. this weekend and Cleveland later this month) this year. My SO has never been to any of these (I have xcept Cincy) so it is on the list. Went to 6 or 7 last year...I can't remember.
Old 06-03-04, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Good job picking the tix, Deftones. I was going to suggest just getting first row in in the upper deck somewhere behind homeplate.

That seating looks similar to Busch, w/out any seating beyond the outfield.