Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

05/24/04 - WWE RAW on SPIKE TV!

Old 05-24-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

05/24/04 - WWE RAW on SPIKE TV!

WHAT'S NEXT FOR KANE?
May 24, 2004

Last week's Monday Night RAW was a memorable one for Kane. The Big Red Monster defeated Val Venis in singles competition, won a Battle Royal to become the No. 1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship at Bad Blood and received an answer of "yes" from Lita to a question he posed several weeks ago. With Kane in top form after last week's success, what is next for him as he prepares for his match at Bad Blood? Also, will his question to Lita be revealed? Find out on RAW.

Speaking of the Battle Royal, Kane's victory was a result of the suspended Shawn Michaels gaining a measure of payback from Triple H. When the final two were Triple H and Kane, HBK appeared out of nowhere to eliminate The Game and give Kane a trip to Bad Blood. The Game was enraged as RAW came to an end, and it is expected that he will be in a bad way this coming week on RAW. What will his reaction be? Find out on RAW.

All of this and more as the road to Bad Blood continues on Monday Night RAW at 9/8 PM CT on Spike TV.
Old 05-24-04, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ugh. Barf. Spew. Kane, Kane, Kane..

Should I even watch tonight's show?
Old 05-24-04, 02:30 PM

Kane is the new X-Pac.

Has no heat, sucks, noone likes him, but must know someone real high up, cus he keeps getting storylines.

This is all just an excuse to bring Jeff hardy back in.
Old 05-24-04, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wait..

Jeff Hardy was an enigma. He had some great matches and was quite the showman, but his last year or so he was with the WWE was pretty stale. Obviously, a feud with the Undertaker with squash anybody's career, but it got to the point where it seemed like he didn't care, and wasn't showing off what potential he had. Yet, even is his suckiest days, when his music hit you could actually hear the simultaneous panty-wetting of every teenage girl in the audience.
Old 05-24-04, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

LOL.....

Jeff Hardy is coming Back????

Are you serious?

He was the one of the best high flyers out there..... really entertained.
Old 05-24-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm watching because well, I always watch it on Mondays. I'll be happy as long as I get my weekly dose of Gail Kim, William Regal, Jericho and Christian.
Old 05-24-04, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's all speculation as far as I'm concerned. Last I heard there were some talks about it but WWE wants Jeff to go to some kind of substance abuse clinic and he doesn't feel he should have to. Irregardless of that, it doesn't serve the current story much other than the fact that Matt and Jeff are brothers.
Old 05-24-04, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dancinns
I'm watching because well, I always watch it on Mondays. I'll be happy as long as I get my weekly dose of Gail Kim, William Regal, Jericho and Christian.
I probably will too.. however, now that I leave home to watch, it's becoming a bit harder and harder each week to convince myself to keep going. At least when I had cable and watched at home, if it wasn't interesting I could clean or do laundry or something random in the background.

Regal is awesome.
Old 05-24-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Regal is awesome.
He most certainly is, Sunshine.
Old 05-24-04, 04:22 PM

I heard the Jeff Hardy thing was a done deal. I think Ross even said it on WWE.com a few weeks back, just wondering how to bring him in. I mean, why else get Lita and Matt back together. Why give MAtt a "feud" with Kane, when they spent the last 3 months burrying him in jobs? It will come out at the PPV, Jeff already went to a drug thing,and is clean now, he will make the save and reunite team extreme at the PPV.
Old 05-24-04, 04:23 PM

Originally posted by dancinns
No love for Eugene?
Old 05-24-04, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by FatHead316
No love for Eugene?
I was going to give him a chance, but after bringing out "The Rock" last week to try and shove this guy down our throat's (not to mention having to sit through "The Rock"'s improv comedy hour), I've put him back on my shit list. Regal is the only worthwhile thing coming from this "angle."
Old 05-24-04, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I heard the Jeff Hardy thing was a done deal. I think Ross even said it on WWE.com a few weeks back, just wondering how to bring him in. I mean, why else get Lita and Matt back together. Why give MAtt a "feud" with Kane, when they spent the last 3 months burrying him in jobs? It will come out at the PPV, Jeff already went to a drug thing,and is clean now, he will make the save and reunite team extreme at the PPV.
Well if that's true, I can't say I'm too pleased about it. Matt has potential to be a great singles wrestler but he's being held down by his manly girlfriend, horrible misuse on RAW, and having a feud with Kane. Plus, if they did reunite, I think that covers every tag team they split up at the original roster split being teamed back up.
Old 05-24-04, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No love for Eugene?
Eugene is implied with Regal. Eugene is entertaining but Regal is far more entertaining.
Old 05-24-04, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Victoria's dancing was VERY entertaining.
Old 05-24-04, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I was dozing throughout this episode..

Did I imagine that Victoria had new music and was actually dancing..?

Could someone also tell me what happened with Jericho & Trish [if anything]?

Thanks.
Old 05-25-04, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rogue588
I was dozing throughout this episode..

Did I imagine that Victoria had new music and was actually dancing..?

Could someone also tell me what happened with Jericho & Trish [if anything]?

Thanks.
I'm happy I have clips of Victoria when she still had her Tatu entrance music and was psycho. This new face Victoria just blows.

Trish came out during Jericho's match and did commentary. After the match, Jericho was walking up the ramp to the back and Trish taunted him from the announcer's position. Jericho walked over to her and Tyson Tomko just Jericho from behind. He then brought Jericho over to the announcer's table and then powerbombed him through it. Jericho then got stretchered out.
Old 05-25-04, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was okay with Victoria's new music. I figured the liscencing deal ran out or something. And for a split second, I thought she was going into convulsions and the old psycho Vicky was back. But then I realized she was dancing. Needless to say, I was heartbroken.

I'm guessing Stacy Keibler taught her some dance moves. But now it's .....you know what, screw it. I will no longer talk about the new Victoria.

Is Shelton still fueding with Orton or did Jericho take his spot?

D
Old 05-25-04, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dancing Victoria.
Old 05-25-04, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wish I were Victoria... nice way to cop a feel off Gail Kim.

Why oh why are they looking for a new Diva? What happened to Jaime?

They hold the stupid online contest for 2 months and they're already looking for a new one?
Old 05-25-04, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
thanks for the recap dancinns.
Old 05-25-04, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Dancing Victoria.
are you sure that wasn't Lance Storm in a wig?
Old 05-25-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by devilshalo
I wish I were Victoria... nice way to cop a feel off Gail Kim.

Why oh why are they looking for a new Diva? What happened to Jaime?

They hold the stupid online contest for 2 months and they're already looking for a new one?
I get the feeling that Jaime was just a contest winner and not actually a WWE Diva. Hopefully, I'm wrong and she is employed by WWE in some fashion.
Old 05-25-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok i stopped watching wwe for about the last 2 years (i quit after the wrestlemania with hogan v. rock) what gimmicks did kane undergo that were that bad.also, is there a site that gives basic rundowns of match results,angles etc.. over the past few years. thanks
Old 05-25-04, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gimmicks, not many. But bad story angles quite a few.

* Feud with Goldberg which never materilized

* Feud with Shane Mac which was silly and resulted in Shanes' disappearance from Raw since Sept (?)

* Feud with tag partner RVD which never went anywhere

* Feud with Undertaker which started at Survivor Series and ended at Wrestlemania this year in which only one match and two physical encounters took place

* Current angle with Lita: Started with stalking her, a question which we currently do not know, an answer from Lita to said question and the "conclusion" which was this past Raw. Still, we don't know the question or how Lita and Kane are invovled.

Since taking off his mask he has lost a lot of luster.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.