Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw 5-17-04

Old 05-17-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WWE Raw 5-17-04

ANOTHER MONDAY NIGHT BLOCKBUSTER
May 17, 2004

An opportunity to win the biggest prize in sports entertainment highlights Monday’s RAW, as a 20-Man Over-The-Top-Rope Battle Royal will determine who faces Chris Benoit at the Bad Blood pay-per-view event on June 13. In what will be a virtual RAW all-star team in the ring at one time, only one man can emerge as the No. 1 contender. Who will it be? Below is a list of all 20 Superstars signed on to compete in the battle royal:

Also last week, in yet another exchange between Kane and Lita, it was revealed that Kane made a proposition to Lita. Kane demanded an answer this coming week in San Diego and threatened that Lita “better make the right decision.” What is this proposition that Kane made and what will Lita decide? Will this decision affect her match with Trish Stratus next week? Tune in to find out.

All of this, as well as the fallout from a blockbuster Monday Night RAW last week at 9/8 PM CT Monday night on Spike TV.
Old 05-17-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

2 mins. in and Lita's blown 3 spots...

And does anyone else find it funny that The Rock is still in the opening sequence?
Old 05-17-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sadly...The Rock should be removed from the opening sequence!
Old 05-17-04, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

EUGENE!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-04, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Poor Matt

Kane's awesome

Last edited by Da Thrilla; 05-17-04 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-17-04, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Orton tapped...booooooooooo
Old 05-17-04, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Eugene's great
Old 05-17-04, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

HOLY F'N SHIT IT'S THE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-04, 10:22 PM

After making that damn Rock comment and he f//king shows up... That's for helping me shove my foot in my mouth Rock.
Old 05-17-04, 10:24 PM

This is actually pretty funny... The Rock once again has turned everyone into sheep...
Old 05-17-04, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

POPCORN FART! POPCORN FART!
Old 05-17-04, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No one wanted to play "Screw the Coach"

Where the hell was Gail Kim this week?

I hope that there's going to be a Orton/Benjamin feud. That would keep me going for the summer.
Old 05-18-04, 01:44 AM

just got back from raw.. it was an awsome show, when the rock came out.. the crowd went nuts. sat kind of far but other than that.. it was awsome
Old 05-18-04, 09:10 AM

Rcok - Who's standing with you in the ring?

Eugene - The Rock

Rock - Who's letting you say his catch phrases?

Eugene - The Rock

Rock - and who's your favorite wrestler?

Eugene - Triphle H!

Milk through the nose I was laughing so hard.
Old 05-18-04, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh.. oh I hate the Rock. So.. very.. much..

Jesus Christ if I wanted to see shitty improv stand-up I'd have been watching Comedy Central. Not only that but because they let "The Rock" yap out of his dirty Hollywood bunghole for 20 minutes they had to interrupt the main event FOUR TIMES with commercials.

Let's see.. Man-Woman opening the show, Kane stinking up the place, Edge existing, Eugene, The Rock's "Comedy" Hour, Kane winning the Rumble and getting a title shot. Yes, yes. This is the worst Raw I've seen all year. The only positive part was getting the Randy and Shelton feud started.

I'll be skipping Bad Blood unless they manage to line up one mighty fine card, and then I'll be leaving before the main event. I had to sit through Undertaker's ego-stroke match last week.. I'm getting sick of these two lumps of suck. So very sick.. and "The Rock" needs to stop showing up one every 4 months thinking he's God's gift to wrestling and stick to making MTV movies for pre-teens.
Old 05-18-04, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Oh.. oh I hate the Rock. So.. very.. much..

Jesus Christ if I wanted to see shitty improv stand-up I'd have been watching Comedy Central. Not only that but because they let "The Rock" yap out of his dirty Hollywood bunghole for 20 minutes they had to interrupt the main event FOUR TIMES with commercials.

Let's see.. Man-Woman opening the show, Kane stinking up the place, Edge existing, Eugene, The Rock's "Comedy" Hour, Kane winning the Rumble and getting a title shot. Yes, yes. This is the worst Raw I've seen all year. The only positive part was getting the Randy and Shelton feud started.

I'll be skipping Bad Blood unless they manage to line up one mighty fine card, and then I'll be leaving before the main event. I had to sit through Undertaker's ego-stroke match last week.. I'm getting sick of these two lumps of suck. So very sick.. and "The Rock" needs to stop showing up one every 4 months thinking he's God's gift to wrestling and stick to making MTV movies for pre-teens.
What he said.

WTF is a popcorn fart?

nNd I have to give it to the Coach, yeah, the last time we saw the Rock he was getting his a$$ kicked around MSG.

Eugene is great, the favorite wrestler being HHH was awesome.

Why did they leave us hanging with the Regal Face turn? They did NOTHIGN with it. They were leading you to believe that Regal was going to defend Eugene, then just left it on the table.

Nice new music for Eugene, MUCH better then last week.

The WWE may say they don't listen to the "internet fools" but 1wrestling.com ran a GREAT story about Eugene being the saving grace for wrestling, last week. Basically, they said, beside the "special" angle he is in, he actually wrestled an 80's style match last week. Well, they changed their music from a Doink the Clown type to the Pre-Real American HULK-HULK chanting song Hogan used to use.
Old 05-18-04, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was really expecting Lita to interfere in the main event and instead we get HBK.
Old 05-21-04, 12:06 AM
Banned

Anybody know what the name of the song in the Chris benoit desire video was?
Old 05-21-04, 06:53 PM
Banned

Anyone? Anyone?
Old 05-21-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Generic nu-Metal song 37 by MTV Band of the Week 203.
Old 05-21-04, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

if I happen to see it again, i'll keep my ears open..
Old 06-01-04, 07:57 AM
Cool New Member

re:

Benoit video song: "One Thing" by Finger Eleven. Same Band that redid Kane's theme.

Hey! They're better than MTV Nu Metal! The guy actually sings, not raps or screams tunelessly in every song.