Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

Loud mouth punk to replace loud mouth punk on CBS NFL Pregame show

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 05-17-04, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Deion Sanders left the CBS pregame show, but he's being replaced by Shannon Sharpe.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1803457
Old 05-17-04, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk God

This is a much, much better choice. Shannon at least uses proper grammar and speaks in complete sentences.
Old 05-17-04, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
This is a much, much better choice. Shannon at least uses proper grammar and speaks in complete sentences.
An even better choice would be someone who wasnt a horse-faced *******.
Old 05-17-04, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

to Sharpe.

chrisih8u, your hatred of Sharpe doesn't have anything to do with this classic, does it?

"President. We need the National Guard. We need as many men as you can spare because we are killing the Patriots. So call the dogs off. Send the National Guard, please. They need emergency help"
Old 05-17-04, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Daryl
to Sharpe.

chrisih8u, your hatred of Sharpe doesn't have anything to do with this classic, does it?

"President. We need the National Guard. We need as many men as you can spare because we are killing the Patriots. So call the dogs off. Send the National Guard, please. They need emergency help"
Thats exactly the moment I started to hate Sharpe.

But can anyone deny Sharpe is a loudmouth punk? He is a skinnier Warren Sapp.
Old 05-17-04, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh goody *twirls finger*
Old 05-18-04, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What happend to Sterling Sharpe? Unlike his brother he doesnt speak like he has marbles in his mouth. He was the only thing that made ESPN's Sunday Countdown watchable. Then they replaced him with that clown Irvin.
Old 05-18-04, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Thrush
What happend to Sterling Sharpe? Unlike his brother he doesnt speak like he has marbles in his mouth. He was the only thing that made ESPN's Sunday Countdown watchable. Then they replaced him with that clown Irvin.

Apparently, network honchos think 'loud mouth punk' = ratings.

My ideal NFL pregame show would feature Chris Berman, Ron Jaworksi, a piece of eye candy, and a gambling guy like Norman Chad or Hank Goldberg. Sprinkle in reports from the stadia like ESPN does and that would be great.
Old 05-18-04, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog
Apparently, network honchos think 'loud mouth punk' = ratings.

My ideal NFL pregame show would feature Chris Berman, Ron Jaworksi, a piece of eye candy, and a gambling guy like Norman Chad or Hank Goldberg. Sprinkle in reports from the stadia like ESPN does and that would be great.

And a fantasy football guy.
Old 05-18-04, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by chrisih8u

And a fantasy football guy.

That really depends. Most of the FF experts on the major sites (particularly Hector and Victor on espn) are idiots IMO.
Old 05-18-04, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog
That really depends. Most of the FF experts on the major sites (particularly Hector and Victor on espn) are idiots IMO.
True enough. And I guess if you're watching the pregame show trying to decide on who to play, you're going to lose.
Old 05-18-04, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He is on the NFL network now. He's one of the hosts of Playbook.
Old 05-18-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree that Sterling is quite good, and better than his brother will be (hell, he was better than him on the field too).

But Shannon is in no way the same as Deion. Shannon plays a loudmouth punk, but he's actually pretty together. It's just an act for him. Deion, I think, began to believe in his act. Shannon is a big upgrade over Deion.
Old 05-18-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i would have liked someone who doesnt sound like he has marbles in his mouth and enunciates well.
Old 05-18-04, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by LurkerDan

But Shannon is in no way the same as Deion. Shannon plays a loudmouth punk, but he's actually pretty together. It's just an act for him.
I dont think its an act. I think Shannon is really a classless, horse-faced, piece of shit.

And even if it is an act, what makes you think he won't keep up the act on tv? I didnt really watch CBS because of Deion and I certainly wont watch it now.
Old 05-18-04, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Heck I'd be ecstatic if Jimmy "the Greek" rose from the dead (and the PC crowd took his place 6 feet under) and the old NFL Today gang was reunited. Nothing beat Jimmy's big matchup/checklist board.
Old 05-18-04, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I dont think its an act. I think Shannon is really a classless, horse-faced, piece of shit.

And even if it is an act, what makes you think he won't keep up the act on tv? I didnt really watch CBS because of Deion and I certainly wont watch it now.
No offense, but living in Colorado for most of the past dozen years, I probably have a better sense of what the local athletes here are really like. Just as you probably have a better sense of your local athletes.

Also, Shannon's act was always different than Deion's. A little less of the "I am the greatest gift to mankind" and a little more of the "Our team is going to whup your butt, you little sissy". Big difference.
Old 05-18-04, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

An even better choice would be someone who wasnt a horse-faced *******.
He said Shannon Sharpe, not John Elway
Old 05-18-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I dont think its an act. I think Elway is really a classless, horse-faced, piece of shit.
better
Old 05-18-04, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by LurkerDan

Also, Shannon's act was always different than Deion's. A little less of the "I am the greatest gift to mankind" and a little more of the "Our team is going to whup your butt, you little sissy". Big difference.
Perhaps, but he is still a dick and completely classless. I doubt his behavior is going to change on CBS. That was why he was hired. They needed an outspoken former player to replace Deion.

I dont know how the Denver media treated him, but nationally, based on everything that I've seen, it's apparent that Sharpe likes to hear himself talk and thinks he's God's gift to football. And did I mention he has a horse-face??

And what are CBS's ratings? 3 uptight white guys and a loudmouth black guy isnt appealing to me, I wonder why they thought they needed to keep the same formula.
Old 05-18-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Elway had class and respect for his opponents, unlike Sharpe. Aside from the draft, I dont remember him acting like a pompous jerk.
Old 05-18-04, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk God

John Elway can go to hell for all I care. F him and being too good for Baltimore.
Old 05-18-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i thought it was hilarous with deion
he cracked me up
Old 05-19-04, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm glad Sharpe is on board because that is my favorite pre-game show and Deion was the one big drawback. For me there is at least one person on each pre-game show I can't stand. ESPN = Berman, never cared for his act, Fox = Bradshaw, I've hated that dumbass hick since the 70's, CBS = Deion, so full of shit his eyes are brown
Old 05-19-04, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does Shannon dress like a pimp as well?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.