Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Bulls & Lakers Dynasty Series on DVD

Old 06-06-04, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I went to the one in burbank that they had a couple left on say.. friday.
Old 06-06-04, 01:30 PM

Amazon lowered the price on the Lakers set to $49.99 (w/ free shipping). Not the greatest, but STL and some GC's make it sweeter.
Old 06-30-04, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So far I've watched the first 3 games on the Lakers history. It was listed that the entire games are on these DVD's. That is a litttle bit of a lie. Each game so far is missing between 1 and 6 minutes. That's not a lot, but it was advertised as games in their entirety which is a lie and makes me mad. Quality on the first game is dark and bad. Second game is too light and just a little better. The last game I watched is a little better yet but still bad as far as a dvd goes. By the time I get to when Shaq plays the quality better be good or I will really be mad. It's cool if you are a Laker fan like me to see the older great players too but this set could have been better in quality and entirety than it is.
Old 06-30-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Disappointing to hear that about the Lakers DVD... can anyone give any feedback on the quality of the games they put on the Bulls DVD set?
Old 06-30-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i hear for the bulls games, the most recent games look almost hd quality.
Old 06-30-04, 11:32 PM

Now I'm watching the 4th Laker game which is 1985 NBA Finals Game 6. The quality is starting to get much better but not DVD quality yet. What makes me mad is when they come back from the NBA ad to start the second quarter 4 minutes had gone by they didn't show. Then they play for 4 minutes and have a timeout and when they come back it's halftime and another 4 minutes has not been shown. It's cool seeing these classic games and great players on both teams but I'm getting cheated here.
Old 07-03-04, 12:28 AM

Just finished the 5th Laker game which is 1987 NBA Finals Game 4. The quality is a hair better than the last one but still is television quality not DVD quality. It skipped ahead in time 3 different times for a total of about 7 of the 48 game minutes missing.