Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Photo gallery of Pirates vs. Dodgers 05.07.2004

Old 05-08-04, 01:23 PM
Banned

Photo gallery of Pirates vs. Dodgers 05.07.2004

Okay, so it's mostly shots of PNC Park and the views, but I was too far away to get great action shots.

Pirates vs. Dodgers
Old 05-08-04, 01:34 PM
Banned

oh yeah, it was fireworks night. Too bad the camera can't do them justice. They were SERIOUSLY as good as any fireworks show I've ever seen. VERY impressive.
Old 05-08-04, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice pics, although you should have taken one from behind home plate out into the outfield to see the skyline and clemente bridge in the background beyond the field.

PNC Park is on the top of my list of MLB ballparks I've been to. It's a great experience (except for the game if you're a Pirates fan) all around. It's a shame such a nice park is wasted on such a crappy team. How can McClatchy expect people to be excited about baseball when we haven't had a winning season in over 10 years? If they would ever get a decent team, that place would be packed.
Old 05-08-04, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Dr_Evil
Nice pics, although you should have taken one from behind home plate out into the outfield to see the skyline and clemente bridge in the background beyond the field.

PNC Park is on the top of my list of MLB ballparks I've been to. It's a great experience (except for the game if you're a Pirates fan) all around. It's a shame such a nice park is wasted on such a crappy team. How can McClatchy expect people to be excited about baseball when we haven't had a winning season in over 10 years? If they would ever get a decent team, that place would be packed.
Yeah, I should have walked around. I was more interested in beers last night to tell you the truth.

PNC Park is amazing. I haven't been to most ball parks, but I can't imagine too many that are better. Reader's Digest rated it the #1 sports stadium in the country recently.

And if the team would use half the money they spent on last night's fireworks to pay their players, they could probably still have Bonds.
Old 05-08-04, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why the hell dont my pictures ever come out that good?
Old 05-08-04, 10:41 PM
Banned

For some reason, I forgot to upload this one. It is there now.
Old 05-10-04, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I see they keep Warhol alive...pretty cool.
Old 05-10-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I understand that from the urinal stalls in the mens room, there are windows that let you see the field while you're going. Another reason why they call it PNC.
Old 05-10-04, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by kenbuzz
I understand that from the urinal stalls in the mens room, there are windows that let you see the field while you're going. Another reason why they call it PNC.
Just in case that wasn't a joke, while I haven't been to ALL the men's rooms, this isn't the case in any of the ones I HAVE been in.
Old 05-11-04, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is a picture of a can of beans at PNC Park:

Old 05-11-04, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

PNC Park is the best ballpark I've been too. SBC Park runs second. PNC is just beautiful and with a seat behind home plate on the first base side, the views are spectacular.

I wonder what happened with Heinz Field? Just a few degree shift would have allowed for great views of the city too. Instead you get Mount Washington. At least from pics I've seen and from standing outside the stadium, I've never actually been inside.