Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The Lakers thread

Old 04-27-04, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
The Laker thread

The Saga Continues............
Old 04-27-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Good news!!! Gary Payton said he might bring his "A" game to the Spurs series!!

Old 04-27-04, 05:19 PM
Suspended

Hopefully Malone's performance last game will inspire the rest of these bums to bring their "A" game as well.
Old 04-27-04, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i like the basic thread title.
Old 04-27-04, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

15 in a row. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Old 04-27-04, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

what pisses me off is that the series could easily be 3-1 in favor of the Rockets! Chalk it up to playoff inexperience? I hope that they pull off at least 1 more win to make it respectable.
Old 04-27-04, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by Quake1028
15 in a row. Be afraid, be very afraid.

There's no question that the Spurs are the hottest team in the NBA right now. If the Lakers play like they're right now, against the Spurs, the Spurs should have no problem dispatching the Lakers in 5. Heck they might even sweep the Lakers! The Lakers are playing like crap and they're getting away with it against Houston but they won't have that same luxury against SA.
Old 04-27-04, 06:13 PM
Suspended

I'll let you all in on a little secret. The Lakers have been playing like "crap" on purpose. They purposely have been doing this so they can shock the living hell out of the Spurs next round.
Old 04-27-04, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Originally posted by MJKTool
I'll let you all in on a little secret. The Lakers have been playing like "crap" on purpose. They purposely have been doing this so they can shock the living hell out of the Spurs next round.

I hope this is true.
Old 04-27-04, 06:45 PM

They purposely have been doing this so they can shock the living hell out of the Spurs next round.
With the talent that the Lakers have, I don't think it's possible for them to "shock" anyone by playing well. I really don't think any NBA team that has made it this far in the playoffs are going to be over-confident when going up against a team like the Lakers.
Old 04-27-04, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

They've also been hiding their secret defense so that Duncan and Co. don't know what's coming
Old 04-27-04, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by antennaball
With the talent that the Lakers have, I don't think it's possible for them to "shock" anyone by playing well. I really don't think any NBA team that has made it this far in the playoffs are going to be over-confident when going up against a team like the Lakers.
I would be shocked if they started playing well.... and I like them. [allegedly]
Old 04-27-04, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by fumanstan
They've also been hiding their secret defense so that Duncan and Co. don't know what's coming

If not then we will be breaking huddle with "CANCOON" pretty damn_soon.

Time to grow a nard and play some manlyass basketball boys!

Go Lakers!!!!
Old 04-27-04, 07:59 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by fumanstan
You know it!
Old 04-28-04, 04:14 AM

I don't know what you guys are all so worried about.

The Spurs are roadkill on the Lakers path to World Championship 2004.
Old 04-28-04, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Lakers still went 3-1 vs the Spurs in the regular season, including 2 wins in San Antonio, so it should be a good series.

Granted, the first game (or two I can't remember) the Spurs were without Parker, I believe. They even played a game without Duncan, didn't they?

But enough of that, first they need a win tonight. The Rockets can easily roll into LA, and escape with a win, so the Lakers have to be tough.
Old 04-28-04, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by nickdawgy
Lakers still went 3-1 vs the Spurs in the regular season, including 2 wins in San Antonio, so it should be a good series.

Granted, the first game (or two I can't remember) the Spurs were without Parker, I believe. They even played a game without Duncan, didn't they?

But enough of that, first they need a win tonight. The Rockets can easily roll into LA, and escape with a win, so the Lakers have to be tough.
The first game was great. Spurs without Duncan and Parker against a healthy Lakers, and they managed to force it to double OT.

Still, that doesn't matter as it was at the beginning of the season. What matters is the here and now, and the Spurs are on a 15-0 run and are continuing to play great during the playoffs.
Old 04-28-04, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have no idea what to expect in the second round series. I find it hard to believe the Lakers will continue to play the way they are playing now. I honestly think they will have the advantage over the Spurs with their starting unit being so much stronger. Malone is playing great now and that will probably be the difference against San Antonio.

The long layoff will probably kill the Spurs momentum going into game one anyway. I'm a fan of the Spurs and think they have a great chance this year, but four hall of famers against one should be an obvious outcome.
Old 04-28-04, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by darkside
I have no idea what to expect in the second round series. I find it hard to believe the Lakers will continue to play the way they are playing now. I honestly think they will have the advantage over the Spurs with their starting unit being so much stronger. Malone is playing great now and that will probably be the difference against San Antonio.

The long layoff will probably kill the Spurs momentum going into game one anyway. I'm a fan of the Spurs and think they have a great chance this year, but four hall of famers against one should be an obvious outcome.
Yah it looks good on paper but the reality is the Lakers aren't playing well at all and the Spurs look unbeatable. IF the Lakers play SA like they're playing Houston right now the Spurs will win this thing easy....max 5 games.
Old 04-28-04, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah!

Last edited by ILikeDVD; 04-28-04 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-28-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by darkside

Man On Fire Starring Carl Malone

The way I look at it we will not know how these teams match up until they play a couple games. The past is the past... now is now... It's the Playoff Baby!!!

[cues Day After Tomorrow spot]
Old 04-28-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by ILikeDVD

Yeah!
the glove also happens to be quite the badass!

HeyYah!
Old 04-28-04, 04:30 PM

Lakers are not looking too good right now, but I just hope the Spurs can keep Malone without a ring. I really dont care about the lakers either way but as a Rockets fan I never want to see Malone win a ring.
Old 04-28-04, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rockets ought sit Yao more often if the last couple of games were any indication.

Sounds terribly retarded (since the boy is the best center coming) but they sure went on some runs with him on the pine.
Old 04-28-04, 11:34 PM
Banned

kobe looked pretty fired up in the 2nd half hopefully he can keep it up and we can pull this one out. We need to defend mobley on his 3's. Where is everybody tonight lets support our LAkers! Come on Go LAkers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.