Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

For Wrestling Fans - Randy Orton

Old 04-21-04, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For Wrestling Fans - Randy Orton

This kid is without doubt a future main eventer for many years to come

I was so impressed with his match against Mick Foley at Backlash, he really deserved the win

As much as i wanted Mick to win, i knew he would do the right thing for the business, put Randy over and do the clean job

Mick helped launch HHH into the bigtime, he has done the same for Randy Ortin

Mick looked in great shape and has lost nothing in my opinion

Great match psychology and some good spots

well done guys
Old 04-21-04, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I still don't buy him as the heel he's supposed to be. They need to get him out of the Evolution stable. Much the way the Rock blossomed after getting out of the NOD.
Old 04-21-04, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One great match does not a career make.

I don't despise him now like I did before Backlash. I give him all the props he deserves for the thumbtack spot (HHH was too much of a puss to do it), but he still has a ways to go before I actually look forward to his matches.
Old 04-21-04, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

he's had just as many bad matches as he has good matches....

The difference between Foley putting over Orton and putting over HHH is that HHH had been having excellent matches years before this, and didn't relay on just his matches with Foley to make his career.

I will say it's the right step to getting Orton over and in the main event though. In my opinion he will have to have plenty more quality matches though before he gets there
Old 04-21-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think he still needs Evolution as he wouldn't make a splash without being part of a group. Plus I'm not convinced that he will not be injury tough as many of the other guys are.
Old 04-21-04, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well eventually they are going to let him run with Evolution since they've been setting it up for the past PPV's (HHH not getting the job done, while Randy is going over established talent), which of course will culminate in the mighty HHH vs. Orton main event at SummerSlam; or something like that .
Old 04-21-04, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe, but nothing will stall your career like a feud with Trips H.
Old 04-22-04, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Indeed, look where Jericho is now. Went from World title matches to fighting with Christian every night...ugh.
Old 04-22-04, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jericho's treatment is a disgrace

He is the MVP or Raw

Only HBK and Benoit show as consistenly excellent in ring work though sadly Benoit still lacks that Charisma
Old 04-22-04, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Randy is really still green. Unless he has someone who is very expereinced to walk him through his matches, he is lost. Yes, they are giving him the "Rock" push... but I don't think he is ready. Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Tarantino
Indeed, look where Jericho is now. Went from World title matches to fighting with Christian every night...ugh.
You have to admit, they click really well together.
Old 04-22-04, 08:41 AM

I agree with the previous post saying that they "don't buy him as a heel". I have said that before too. He looks too much like, a likeable kid or something.

I was SHCOKED to see the pictures on raw with the tacks in his back. And another poster was correct in saying HHH wouldn't take that spot, and neither did Taker. Orton showed all of us he is willing to do a lot to get over. That is a great quality.

I think most here are right in saying that he will be the next big thing, if he can stay healthy, and work on his mic skills. I can see the legend killer thing taking him away from Evolution. I think it was even on wwe.com last week sometime they were asking some of the wrestlers in the True or False section (I think it was Batista and Flair) if Orton would eventually turn his eyes on 2 other legends.....HHH and Flair. They could go that direction. Except, I see Orton staying the heal there, much like the Rock with the Nation of Domination. I see this one giving Flair his last run as a face, as he said recently he is only going to go another year.
Old 04-22-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by devilshalo
I still don't buy him as the heel he's supposed to be. They need to get him out of the Evolution stable. Much the way the Rock blossomed after getting out of the NOD.
I think Rock came into his own while he was still a member of the NOD but even more so when he took over as the leader. Who can forget the present he gave to Farooq? The picture of himself. They have to have Randy take over as the leader of Evolution and he has to beat HHH clean if they want us to believe he's legit.
Old 04-22-04, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Timber
I think Rock came into his own while he was still a member of the NOD but even more so when he took over as the leader.
Yep, Rock was tried as a face and was a complete flop. It was his heel turn with NOD and his battles with Stone Cold that got him on the road to being a Super Star.
Old 04-22-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I see him and John Cena winning their respective World Titles in the next year!