Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

NFL Ticket in HD?

Old 04-14-04, 08:20 AM

NFL Ticket in HD?

When will DTV start broadcasting NFL ticket in HD? They're doing NBA, but they sooooo need to do it with NFL! Any rumors?
Old 04-14-04, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They showed 2-3 games a week last year in HD (well not true HD for Fox, but that will change this year) if you had a HD receiver and the NFL Ticket. I forgot exactly what channels, something like channels 80 and 81 or something. Not sure if CBS/Fox/DirecTV would be willing to foot the considerable costs to have HD production equipment at every game every week, or if it would be possible even if they wanted to.
Old 04-14-04, 01:45 PM

It appears that this fall there will be many more than just the 1 HD and 2 ED games on Sunday Ticket offered per week last year. Also note that Directv offers ESPN-HD, all of whose Sunday night games were and will be in HD.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=164671
Old 04-15-04, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fox will also be airing quite a bit of HD this fall.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=391168
Old 04-16-04, 11:03 AM

So other than CBS, are any other stations broadcasting through D* in HD? Like UPN or FOX? Or is that all in the works? The only local channel that I know of that is broadcasting in HD through D* is CBS on 80/81. When will these other channels follow? And how will we know when they start.....other than by reading these forums Thanks.
Old 04-17-04, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fox should be on D* once they get all the equipment ready. Probably just before the NFL season begins. Not everyone will get it though. Your local Fox station must be O&O (owned & operated), just like it was for CBS.
Old 04-20-04, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

DirecTV is telling people that they will have EIGHT games a week in HD. Not sure if this is fuzzy math that includes the Sunday Night game on ESPN and/or the Monday Night game on ABC, or if it means 8 Sunday Ticket games in addition to those two.
Old 04-21-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Daryl
DirecTV is telling people that they will have EIGHT games a week in HD. Not sure if this is fuzzy math that includes the Sunday Night game on ESPN and/or the Monday Night game on ABC, or if it means 8 Sunday Ticket games in addition to those two.
From what I've read, I'm pretty sure it's 8 Sunday Ticket games.

10 HD games per week.