Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

ATTN: Baseball Fans - AllAccess 3mo./free, $9.95/mo. thereafter

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 04-09-04, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey all...I know a lot of you hate M$ and the way they operate, but right now, they have a special on MSN Premium which is free for three months and only $9.95/month thereafter. Now, that might sound like crap...but with MSN Premium, you also get MLB AllAccess.

MLB AllAccess is normally priced at $19.95/month on the MLB website and includes MLB.TV, MLB Radio, and more. So if you sign up for MSN Premium, you get three months free MLB All Access and if you want to keep it, it's just $9.95/month thereafter. A pretty sweet deal if you're looking into AllAccess to follow your team out of market.

This is the link that was provided to me by a friend and I'm pretty sure there's no affiliate ID or anything...I just signed up and thought I'd pass along the deal. Even though I watched the Angels game in its entirety today, being able to watch the whole thing in 15 minutes tonight was pretty cool and if I ever get a job, I know I'll put this to good use for day games and the like.

http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem
Old 04-09-04, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So does this allow you to watch the games on your computer I guess? Or, is it just a radio signal?
Old 04-09-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How easy is it to cancel?
Old 04-09-04, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Applejack
So does this allow you to watch the games on your computer I guess? Or, is it just a radio signal?
Both.

However, the on the 2nd day of the season, all of the games were nationally blacked out for the video. I could only get audio.
Old 04-09-04, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
Both.

However, the on the 2nd day of the season, all of the games were nationally blacked out for the video. I could only get audio.
Isn't this sort of the same thing with MLBEI, where ESPN has certain national blackout dates and only they are allowed to broadcast games (Sundays and Wednesdays)?
Old 04-09-04, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Extra Innings blackout info:

During specific days/times, certain national broadcasters have exclusive television rights for distributing MLB games. No games are available on MLB EXTRA INNINGS during the following exclusive national broadcast windows:

ESPN Sunday Nights
ESPN has an exclusive national broadcast window for all MLB games on Sunday nights. No telecast can be made available for out-of-market distribution during this time. Any games that start after 5:00pm ET on these nights will not be part of MLB EXTRA INNINGS. The only games available during this time will be on ESPN or ESPN2 and your home teamís Regional Sports Network (RSN) or team affiliated Over-The-Air (OTA) station. Please see local listings for games available during these times.

FOX Network Saturdays
The FOX Television Network has an exclusive national broadcast window for all MLB games on certain Saturdays up until 7:00pm ET. No telecast can be made available for out-of-market distribution during this time and will not be part of MLB EXTRA INNINGS. The only games available during this time will be on FOX. Please see local listings for games available during these times. Any games available for the package that start after 7:00pm ET on Saturdays will be part of MLB EXTRA INNINGS.
I'll check for MLB.com.

edit: MLB probably has the same restrictions. They note blacked out games on their schedule. They do point out in FAQs that if you receive no video but get audio, change the default connection speed on the player.

Last edited by Mad Dawg; 04-09-04 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-09-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Mad Dawg
Extra Innings blackout info:

I'll check for MLB.com.

edit: MLB probably has the same restrictions. They note blacked out games on their schedule. They do point out in FAQs that if you receive no video but get audio, change the default connection speed on the player.
There must've been a blackout in place on Tuesday night when ESPN was showing the Houston/SF game. I couldn't get video for any of the games.
Old 04-09-04, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by dgmayor
How easy is it to cancel?
Does anybody know?
Old 04-09-04, 12:01 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Verizon started throwing in MSN Premium for free for their DSL customers back in January. I never bothered to download the software until Monday.

Last edited by AndyCapps; 04-09-04 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-09-04, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FYI, you don't need to download the software to get MLB All Access - no way I'm installing MSN on my computer. You just need to go to MLB and go to All Access and there is a link for MSN Premium subscribers to sign in and register for All Access.

Cancelling looks pretty easy, though you do have to call Microsoft:
https://billing.microsoft.com/lang/e...30A&tmt=bamxr3
Old 04-09-04, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk God

I had a problem earlier, and I had to clear my cache. If you can't connect, try that.
Old 04-09-04, 06:37 PM
Moderator Emeritus

For me, I had to use the MSN software to verify that I had a Verizon account and was entitled to MSN Premium for free. Luckily, I was able to cancel the install once I got the account setup.
Old 04-16-04, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

where the log in for msn subsribers on mlb.com? I can't find it