Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

Wolves at Kings - Number 1 seed to be decided tonight?

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related
View Poll Results: And the winner will be ...
Wolves
72.73%
Kings
27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-04, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wolves travel to Sacramento for a late one tonight. Winner is going to be the strong favorite to take the #1 seed (though it's far from a sure thing).

Both teams were stumbling a few weeks ago, but seem to have righted their ships. Webber seems to be fitting in finally, and the Wolves have been hot since Saunders shortened up their rotations.
Old 04-08-04, 09:54 PM

check the sig
Old 04-09-04, 12:43 AM
Mod Emeritus

Nice win.
Old 04-09-04, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

BEST

SIG

EVER

J-DUBYA
Old 04-09-04, 02:37 AM

Good game. Thought the Kings had it in their back pocket there for awhile. They could slip now with a tough remaining schedule. Wolves have to watch out for a letdown game tomorrow night at Golden State. Second half of a back-to-back on the road is ALWAYS dangerous after a big win like this.

Kings didn't look like a championship contender. They just fell apart in the 4th quarter. Bibby missing that layup was just bad. I know, he was worried about KG behind him, but at least make KG block it. Don't miss it all by yourself.

I love Bobby Jackson, though. He's a warrior out there. The Wolves made a huge mistake ever letting him go.
Old 04-09-04, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mgbfan
Good game. Thought the Kings had it in their back pocket there for awhile. They could slip now with a tough remaining schedule. Wolves have to watch out for a letdown game tomorrow night at Golden State. Second half of a back-to-back on the road is ALWAYS dangerous after a big win like this.

Kings didn't look like a championship contender. They just fell apart in the 4th quarter. Bibby missing that layup was just bad. I know, he was worried about KG behind him, but at least make KG block it. Don't miss it all by yourself.

I love Bobby Jackson, though. He's a warrior out there. The Wolves made a huge mistake ever letting him go.
Bibby should have totally made that layup, but layups like that, that are straight on to the basket, with a monster breathing down your back are not as easy as they look. I love the fact that Bobby is back. Kings should have put that one away, but the just couldn't stop Cassell. I still like their chances though.
Old 04-09-04, 06:25 PM

Originally posted by Kaiser Soze
Bibby should have totally made that layup, but layups like that, that are straight on to the basket, with a monster breathing down your back are not as easy as they look. I love the fact that Bobby is back. Kings should have put that one away, but the just couldn't stop Cassell. I still like their chances though.
To me, of the 4 powers in the West, I'd have to say the Kings are the least likely to win it all. They just don't seem to have the toughness the other 3 teams have. If I'm going to war, I want guys like Duncan, Garnett, Bryant, Cassell, Payton, Sprewell, etc. The only guy on the Kings who gives me that same sense is Bobby Jackson, and he doesn't even start.