Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

UFC 47 - Results included

Old 04-05-04, 10:36 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 16,393
UFC 47 - Chuck Knocks Tito out ! oh yeah !

Best UFC for ages. Two prelim fights were shown completely.

Had some great KOs and good stand up battles

I marked out mega when Chuck knocked out Tito

the Nick Diaz v Robbie Lawler fight was great
Original Desmond is offline  
Old 04-05-04, 10:48 PM
  #2  
Mod Emeritus
 
Gallant Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 15,325
Nice spoiler mate!
Gallant Pig is offline  
Old 04-05-04, 11:23 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 16,393
Well mate the event has already passed !
Original Desmond is offline  
Old 04-06-04, 12:38 AM
  #4  
Mod Emeritus
 
Gallant Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 15,325
Not all of us buy this on PPV and try and stay away from results until we do see it. Check out this thread: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=211933
Gallant Pig is offline  
Old 04-06-04, 01:48 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 16,393
But if you didn't buy it on PPV, when are you gonna get to see it ?

it aint gonna be shown on regular tv !

you won't until it comes out on dvd ! like 6 months later

that is stupid
Original Desmond is offline  
Old 04-06-04, 03:11 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Under a dead Ohio sky
Posts: 5,820
Chuck just unloded on Tito. Now we all know why he was ducking him all these years.
Thrush is offline  
Old 04-06-04, 02:10 PM
  #7  
Mod Emeritus
 
Gallant Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 15,325
Originally posted by Original Desmond
But if you didn't buy it on PPV, when are you gonna get to see it ?

it aint gonna be shown on regular tv !

you won't until it comes out on dvd ! like 6 months later

that is stupid
HDTV shows it a few months later.
Gallant Pig is offline  
Old 04-06-04, 03:04 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 11,863
Beware...HUGE spoiler ahead...







































KnightLerxst is offline  
Old 04-06-04, 03:06 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 11,863
I almost ordered this ppv but I decided to save my money for the Pride GP instead.

I honestly prefer watching the ground game to watching stand up so Chuck vs Tito wasn't really interesting to me.

Now the war he had with Frank Shamrock back in the day...that was interesting.

Anyone else here watch Pride as well?
KnightLerxst is offline  
Old 04-06-04, 07:43 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 16,393
hey mate, yep i watch both

the Pride Heavyweight GP should be good hey

Frank Shamrock is supposed to be fighting in Pride in August
Original Desmond is offline  
Old 04-07-04, 02:39 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Under a dead Ohio sky
Posts: 5,820
Originally posted by KnightLerxst
I almost ordered this ppv but I decided to save my money for the Pride GP instead.

I honestly prefer watching the ground game to watching stand up so Chuck vs Tito wasn't really interesting to me.

Now the war he had with Frank Shamrock back in the day...that was interesting.

Anyone else here watch Pride as well?
I like the pride as well.

Rogan said something interesting regarding the evolution of the sport from the ground to stand up. He said In the early days the grapplers could dominate. But as the sport has progressed and more well rounded fighters have emerged everybody knows submissions and how to defend against them. Thus were seeing more and more stand up matches.
Thrush is offline  
Old 04-07-04, 06:07 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Manco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 1,142
Originally posted by KnightLerxst
I almost ordered this ppv but I decided to save my money for the Pride GP instead.

I honestly prefer watching the ground game to watching stand up so Chuck vs Tito wasn't really interesting to me.

Now the war he had with Frank Shamrock back in the day...that was interesting.

Anyone else here watch Pride as well?
I try to watch everything. Pride,UFC,Hook N' Shoot,Shooto,Pancrase etc,etc...

UFC is good but Pride fighters seem way ahead of UFC fighters skillwise.
Manco is offline  
Old 04-07-04, 07:01 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 11,863
Originally posted by Thrush
I like the pride as well.

Rogan said something interesting regarding the evolution of the sport from the ground to stand up. He said In the early days the grapplers could dominate. But as the sport has progressed and more well rounded fighters have emerged everybody knows submissions and how to defend against them. Thus were seeing more and more stand up matches.
I still think that fighters with great grappling skills dominate...Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is a prime example of that, but Rogan is right, now fighters have to be more rounded and have to train in BJJ and learn how to defend subs.

Hell even Igor Vovchanchyn has tapped people out...ok one of them was Gilbert Yvel so I am not sure if that even counts.

Last edited by KnightLerxst; 04-07-04 at 07:09 AM.
KnightLerxst is offline  
Old 04-08-04, 01:52 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Under a dead Ohio sky
Posts: 5,820
Nogueira hasnt looked good in 2 of his last 3 fights. He was lucky to catch Cro Cop with an arm bar because Cro Cop was beating the bejesus out of him. Fedor Emelianenko utterly dominated Nogueira the entire match. I agree his ground skills are among the best but, I dont think he is even the best fighter in his weight class.
Thrush is offline  
Old 04-08-04, 02:10 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: looking for mangos in the jungle
Posts: 4,065
Nice, Tito's a big baby. Did he really get knocked out from that flurry or did he tap out later?
monkeyboy is offline  
Old 04-08-04, 05:01 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Manco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 1,142
Originally posted by Thrush
Nogueira hasnt looked good in 2 of his last 3 fights. He was lucky to catch Cro Cop with an arm bar because Cro Cop was beating the bejesus out of him. Fedor Emelianenko utterly dominated Nogueira the entire match. I agree his ground skills are among the best but, I dont think he is even the best fighter in his weight class.

Nogueira also got a gift decision against Ricco Rodriguez a little while back.
Manco is offline  
Old 04-08-04, 06:40 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 11,863
Eh I guess I am just a Nog nutthugger. True his last few fights have not looked that great, but he still is an amazing talent.

The Grand Prix is going to be quite interesting...supposedly Coleman and Fedor are going to face off in the first round.

Last edited by KnightLerxst; 04-08-04 at 06:44 AM.
KnightLerxst is offline  
Old 04-08-04, 02:09 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: SP, Colorado
Posts: 5,344
Originally posted by monkeyboy
Nice, Tito's a big baby. Did he really get knocked out from that flurry or did he tap out later?
That would be him being KO'd. He jumped up screaming "no" after the bell was rung. Maybe it was just random screaming, but it sounded like "no".
cartman is offline  
Old 04-09-04, 01:36 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Under a dead Ohio sky
Posts: 5,820
Originally posted by KnightLerxst
Eh I guess I am just a Nog nutthugger. True his last few fights have not looked that great, but he still is an amazing talent.

The Grand Prix is going to be quite interesting...supposedly Coleman and Fedor are going to face off in the first round.
I don't think Coleman will pose much a problem for Fedor. That guys a beast.

The fight I want to see Cro Cop fight Wanderlei Silva. But unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Thrush is offline  
Old 04-11-04, 04:09 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
nazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 5,989
Originally posted by Gallant Pig
HDTV shows it a few months later.
What channel are you referring to?
nazz is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.