Reload this Page >

Flair, Hall, Rhodes, WWE Sued For Sexual Harassment

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 03-30-04, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From 411mania:

Ric Flair, Scott Hall, Dustin Runnels (Goldust), and WWE are all being sued for sexual harassment by a flight attendant in Arizona's Maricopa County. The suit claims that the wrestlers displayed "extreme and outrageous behavior" during a return flight from England on May 5th, 2002.

The suit claims that Flair wore only a jeweled cape during the flight, flashed his penis, and forced a flight attendant to touch it. It claims that Hall told a flight attendant to perform oral sex on him and licked the face of another attendant. Finally it claims that Runnels grabbed an attendant and told her they would have sex. The suit also claims that other wrestlers groped attendants during the flight.

The flight was on a chartered luxary airplane from SportsJet. SportsJet provides flights for sports teams, rock stars, and other athletes.

The "flight from hell" is known as such due to the countless problems that occured during it. The flight was from the U.K. back to the United States following WWE's British PPV event. The wrestlers apparently got very drunk, partly due to the flight being delayed, and behaving very poorly.

In addition to the sexual harassment charges, the fight featured an infamous brawl between the late Curt Hennig and Brock Lesnar. The brawl had to be broken up by Triple H, Paul Heyman, and others. Hennig was released from WWE a short time later.

Also as reported back in 2002, Runnels apparently serenaded his ex-wife Terri Runnels on the flight until being told to stop by Jim Ross. Runnels was also released a few months later.

Michael Hayes and Bradshaw also got into a physical altercation on the flight. Hayes also had his mullet cut off while he was sleeping (thought to be by Sean "X-Pac" Waltman).

Scott Hall, named in the sexual harassment suit, was also released from WWE shortly after the "flight from hell."

Jim Ross even acknowledged the flight in his WWE.com column, saying that the wrestlers "consumed too much alcohol and consequently acted like children whose parents were away and left the liquor cabinet unlocked."
Old 03-30-04, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Flair, Hall, Rhodes, WWE Sued For Sexual Harassment

Originally posted by ViewAskewbian
From 411mania:

Michael Hayes and Bradshaw also got into a physical altercation on the flight. Hayes also had his mullet cut off while he was sleeping (thought to be by Sean "X-Pac" Waltman).
Old 03-30-04, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yes, nothing like suing 2 years later.
Old 03-31-04, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

She rode on Space Mountain! w00000000000000000000!!!!
Old 03-31-04, 02:27 AM

Stylin' and profilin'!
Old 03-31-04, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Quake1028
She rode on Space Mountain! w00000000000000000000!!!!
LMAO
Old 03-31-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just the idea of Flair wearing nothing but a jeweled cape has me cracking up. Although, I guess my questions are "where did he get the cape from", and "when did he decide that it was time to get nekkid except for the cape?" Weird shit that wrestlers do...
Old 03-31-04, 06:04 PM

The cape story is the funniest thing I've heard come out of WWE in years...
Old 03-31-04, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Smoking Gun has put up the paperwork to the sexual harassment lawsuit that was filed on Monday against Ric Flair, Scott Hall, Dustin Runnels, and WWE.

The suit claimed the following:

- Many WWE wrestlers also asked the flight attendants to throw away needles for them while also groping the attendants when they walked by.

- That Ric Flair forced more than one attendant to touch his crotch while he also "forcibly detained and restrained" another "while he sexually assaulted her."

- Scott Hall made many crude comments including telling an attendant to perform oral sex on him.

- Dustin Runnels grabbed an attendant and made sexually lude comments.

- The suit blames WWE for not putting a stop to the bad behavior and letting wrestlers who were known for such behavior drink on the flight

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0331042wwe1.html
Old 03-31-04, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by fumanstan
Yes, nothing like suing 2 years later.
- The sexual harassment suit against WWE was filed so late after the actual incidents due to the fact that the flight attendants feared that they would lose their jobs. The company, SportsJet, is currently being investigated by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Credit: PWInsider.com
Old 03-31-04, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That made my day!!! Ric Flair wearing only a jeweled cape, flashing his penis and screaming "WOOOOOO!!!"

Oh man the visual is too much
Old 04-01-04, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

To be the man, w0000000000000!, you gotta beat the man.
Old 04-01-04, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can only see it now....

Flight attendant: Welcome aboard the flight... Welcome

Ric Flair: Whoooooo... Thats right baby... we are here and we are live.... Whoooooo.... To be the man.... you got to beat the man... Whooooo..Styling and profiling....

Flight Attendant: Ohhhh ok..... Welcome aboard....the flight

Scott Halllooks around and tells people to hear this). Hey yo!.....

Flight Attendent: Will you please sit?

Ric Flair: What..... do you know who you are talking to..... I was the 15 WCW champion ... Whooooo.....Just because i am wearing this stupid jewel cape doesnt mean anything.... WHoooo..... The be the meat you have to beat my meat.... Whooo...

Flight attendent: I see nothing there......

Scott Hall:Hey yo....... Guess what guys......... Hey yo.........NWO is here to stay..... and you want to know something.... Hey Yo.

Dustin Runnels: i am sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...........GO LDDUST.......Touch me....

Ric Flair: (strutting in the middle of the isle) Whoooooooo...... Four Horseman baby... Whooooo.....

Flight Attendent: And i thought terriosts were bad......
Old 04-01-04, 09:09 AM

Paid.........$25.........to......get........Ric..........Falir.........autograph..........today..... ....must.........resist..........comment....
......about.........a.........jeweled...............cape............and..........touching........... my..........jimmy.........will........be....
....very.........hard....(see, no pun intended)

CAN HE DO IT? CAN CADET STIMPY RESIST??? CAN HE RESIST TO TOUCH THE BUTTON.....THE RED CANDY LIKE BUTTON.....
Old 04-01-04, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by Darkfriend
That made my day!!! Ric Flair wearing only a jeweled cape, flashing his penis and screaming "WOOOOOO!!!"

Oh man the visual is too much
You know, I heard that was an easter egg on the DVD set.
Old 04-01-04, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by ViewAskewbian
The Smoking Gun has put up the paperwork to the sexual harassment lawsuit that was filed on Monday against Ric Flair, Scott Hall, Dustin Runnels, and WWE.

The suit claimed the following:

- Many WWE wrestlers also asked the flight attendants to throw away needles for them while also groping the attendants when they walked by.

- That Ric Flair forced more than one attendant to touch his crotch while he also "forcibly detained and restrained" another "while he sexually assaulted her."

- Scott Hall made many crude comments including telling an attendant to perform oral sex on him.

- Dustin Runnels grabbed an attendant and made sexually lude comments.

- The suit blames WWE for not putting a stop to the bad behavior and letting wrestlers who were known for such behavior drink on the flight

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0331042wwe1.html

Hahahaha, and the best part, page 3 lists Flair as "Part owner of Raw." Hahahaha, nice to see these lawyers do their homework on what is storyline and what is not.

And who wouldn't get some tail with thos comments they made on page 6. Hahaha If thats true!?!?! Oh my God that is some class there. Hahaha
Old 04-01-04, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

LOL..... grabbed their rear ends.....
Old 04-04-04, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Those guys must have been really drunk. Have you seen the flight attendants/sky whores lately?

Seriously, do you really think a bunch of guys who are paid ridiculous amounts of money and spend 250+ days away from home care about lawsuits and the "reality" that we all live in?