Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Sacramento Kings discussion thread.

Old 03-26-04, 05:46 PM
Suspended

Sacramento Kings discussion thread.

discuss...
Old 03-26-04, 05:51 PM

I don't think a Laker fan should be allowed to make the first Kings thread here.

It is an inCITEful thing to do - it was only done to provide an outlet to bash the Kings.
This board is well-known to be dominated by Laker fans - that is the reason why I wouldn't think of having real Kings discussion here. There are plenty of Kings fans sites that provide that (and they have a HIGH volume of Laker fans going out of their way to register on a KINGS board and bash endlessly).
Old 03-26-04, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kings suck too
Old 03-26-04, 06:05 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by reapersaurus
It is an inCITEful thing to do - it was only done to provide an outlet to bash the Kings.
Actually I made it so you could have an outlet for your team, rather than threadcrapping in our Laker thread all the time.
Old 03-26-04, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...rts-nba-lakers

Rick Fox on the Kings:

"You know what? San Antonio is a peer. They won a championship.. And the day the Kings make it to the Finals or win a championship, I'd be the first to stand up in front of 'em and congratulate 'em. I'm just not a big fan of people who talk like they've done something, and they haven't done anything..
Old 03-26-04, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by reapersaurus
I don't think a Laker fan should be allowed to make the first Kings thread here.

This board is well-known to be dominated by Laker fans - that is the reason why I wouldn't think of having real Kings discussion here. There are plenty of Kings fans sites that provide that (and they have a HIGH volume of Laker fans going out of their way to register on a KINGS board and bash endlessly).
El Scorcho made one of the continuing Laker threads, so it really doesn't matter.

And besides, it seems like your only point in the Laker threads were to bash the Lakers, and often prevented us from having any real Laker discussion. But i guess the suspension will kill of this thread pretty quickly.
Old 03-26-04, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wish Peja and Brad Miller were on other teams, they are the only likeable characters on that squad. Everyone else really annoys me.

Bibby = mini me lookalike whiner
Christy = arm waiving nutcase
Webber = CRYBABY WHINER (edited cuz das is right )
Divac = whiner/flop-master

furthermore, to clarify I don't hate these guys cuz I'm a laker fan, if I was a Kings fan I would also hate them and there antics.

for example, as a laker fan, and can say with a big grin that I can't stand Rick Fox!

Last edited by db27; 03-27-04 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-26-04, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Webber as the biggest crybaby? No offense, but that's pretty silly. There are far bigger whiners in the league, hell on his own team.

Anyway, my thoughts on the Kings are simple. IMO, they've been the best overall team in the league the past 3 years. 2 years ago, they were simply unlucky. The Lakers won it all with some clutch performance at the precise time they needed it, but the way some try to take anything away from the Kings' performance that season is really weak: yeah, I'm looking at you, Fox. Last year, injuries got them. No, they haven't broken through and won, and I don't give them credit for what they have yet to accomplish, but they still deserve some serious respect. IMO, they're two plays away from trying to Three-peat this season. Once again, I think they're the best overall team in the league. Perhaps this is the year they finally break through.

das
Old 03-26-04, 11:41 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by das Monkey
Anyway, my thoughts on the Kings are simple. IMO, they've been the best overall team in the league the past 3 years.
....or the other team who beat them the past 3 years was the better team. Seems pretty simple to me. If they were the better team then they should have figured out how to win the title by now. Sorry but I dont believe in "unlucky" 3 straight times.
Old 03-26-04, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sorry, but I didn't say "unlucky" 3 straight times. I also already addressed your comments in my post, giving credit to the Lakers where it was due, and not giving credit to the Kings for what they've yet to accomplish. That doesn't change the fact that I think they've been the best overall team in the league over the past 3 years, and I stand by my post. I'm not sure how one could seriously argue that it's an unreasonable statement.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 03-26-04 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-26-04, 11:54 PM
Suspended

Well wouldnt they have to be unlucky if they were the best overall team the past 3 years and have yet to win squat? The better team is the team that can ultimately find the way to win the championship. Thats the whole purose of the NBA season.
Old 03-26-04, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I guess you could call them unlucky for the last 2 years. My point is that I'm not using that as an excuse to take credit away from the accomplishments of others.

The best team in 2002 were the Lakers.
The best team in 2003 were the Spurs.
The best team in 2004 is unknown.

Currently, IMO, the best overall team from 2002-2004 are the Kings. What's so wrong about that? Although, if the Lakers take them down again, I'll have to adjust that opinion.

das
Old 03-26-04, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Webber as the biggest crybaby? No offense, but that's pretty silly. There are far bigger whiners in the league, hell on his own team.

But he is gifted cuz he just whines with his face!!! He always looks like he is gonna cry or throw a tantrum. Granted he is talented, but that Kings would be better without him imo.

He has always bothered me in that regard.
Old 03-26-04, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Better without him or not, you want to tell me with a straight face he's a bigger crybaby than Wallace? Or even Divac? (And since you said "the world" ... Omarosa?)

das
Old 03-26-04, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would say that the Kings have been the best regular season team in each of the last three years, but they just don't have what it takes to get it done in the playoffs (my opinion of course)

I hate em' but I'm not afraid to praise em'!
Old 03-27-04, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Better without him or not, you want to tell me with a straight face he's a bigger crybaby than Wallace? Or even Divac? (And since you said "the world" ... Omarosa?)

das
okay... okay, you win!
Old 03-27-04, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

my orignal post is now edited!
Old 03-27-04, 12:02 AM
Suspended

Currently, IMO, the best overall team from 2002-2004 are the Kings. What's so wrong about that?
Because it makes no sense to me. If the best team of '02 was the Lakers and the best team from '03 was the Spurs then following that logic its a tie between the Lakers and the Spurs for the past 3 seasons. This season would break that tie. How do the Kings factor in? The regular season is just an exercise for what eventually determines who is the best.
Old 03-27-04, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

db27

I would say that the Kings have been the best regular season team in each of the last three years, but they just don't have what it takes to get it done in the playoffs (my opinion of course)
I don't think that's fair to say just yet. It's hard to deny that in 2002 they were every bit the match for the Lakers. Yeah, the Lakers got it done and deserve the credit, but it's not like the Kings folded under the pressure. They certainly had "what it takes" ... they just got beat by another team that had "what it takes." In 2003, who knows, since Webber went down, and they didn't have the time to recover so late in the game (unlike this year where they could prepare without him). If they can't get it done this year (barring any freak occurrence), I'd be inclined to agree with you, but at this point, I think that's an unfair assessment.

das
Old 03-27-04, 12:04 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by db27
But he is gifted cuz he just whines with his face!!! He always looks like he is gonna cry or throw a tantrum. Granted he is talented, but that Kings would be better without him imo.

He has always bothered me in that regard.
Thats exactly how I feel! It looks either like he's crying or has that "taking a shit look".
Old 03-27-04, 12:06 AM
Suspended

..but it's not like the Kings folded under the pressure. They certainly had "what it takes" ... they just got beat by another team that had "what it takes."
What! Do you not see the contradiction right there?!
Old 03-27-04, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think its silly to discredit the Kings just because they haven't won the big one. I can certainly see how someone can consider them the best team over the last couple of years.
Old 03-27-04, 12:12 AM
Suspended

I'm certainly not discrediting them at all. They are a great team, and I always love watching them battle it out with the Lakers. I just dont agree they have been the best the past 3 years thats all
Old 03-27-04, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

by no means to I aim to discredit the talent on that team and what they have done, but I still don't feel that they can get it done in the playoffs.

I like there chances better without CWebb though. And I think that Bobby Jackson is more essential to them then CWebb because you just can't rely on mini-me Bibby to get it done
Old 03-27-04, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

MJKTool

Because it makes no sense to me. If the best team of '02 was the Lakers and the best team from '03 was the Spurs then following that logic its a tie between the Lakers and the Spurs for the past 3 seasons. This season would break that tie. How do the Kings factor in? The regular season is just an exercise for what eventually determines who is the best.
That's too black and white, IMO. If 10 different teams win over the course of 10 seasons, but one of them comes in dead last over 9 seasons, and another comes in 2nd over 9 seasons, your "logic" would have them equally as good over the course of the 10 year period.

The Kings were easily the 2nd best team in 2002, by Horry's nose, and far better than the Spurs (as were the Lakers). While it's difficult to know, since Webber was hurt, and there wasn't a true head-to-head, it's my opinion that in 2003, both the Spurs and Kings were better than the Lakers. And I would argue that at full strength the Kings were better than the Spurs, but we'll never know. This season, I say the Kings are currently better than the Lakers and the Spurs, although it's close. Averaging out over the ~3 year timespan, I think it's reasonable to say the Kings are the best overall team.

das

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.