Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

My 2 cents on SmackDown (3-25)

Old 03-26-04, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My 2 cents on SmackDown (3-25)

Once again the creative team has their head firmly up their asses... Why would you push Booker T (which the whole episode was about) when you have RVD at your finger tips?

I can see the Bradshaw turn getting boring very fast...

They're gonna run into trouble quick without any real main event stars, since Taker's out every few months and Angle's the GM... RVD & Eddie have the best potential, but for some reason Rob keeps getting pushed back instead of forward... IMO he should have fought Eddie tonight, not Booker.
Old 03-26-04, 01:00 PM
Banned

I think eddie should screw John cena out of the us title setting up a big feud between Cena and eddie. With cena taking the belt later down the road because lets face it if they can make Brock Lesnar world champion that fast John Cena can definitely be champion. Word Life
Old 03-26-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
And weren't they just tag team champs at the beginning of the week?

And...Bradshaw?
Old 03-26-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cena is a horrible wrestler. Why you'd want him as champ I don't know.
Old 03-26-04, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bradshaw...
Old 03-26-04, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Why is this in the Sports Forum?

Brian
Old 03-26-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by bdshort
Why is this in the Sports Forum?

Brian
I've wondered that from day 1... I always thought the wrestling stuff should be in the TV section, but they've always been put here... Maybe some folks still think it's real...
Old 03-27-04, 01:26 AM

Originally posted by mikewendt
I've wondered that from day 1... I always thought the wrestling stuff should be in the TV section, but they've always been put here... Maybe some folks still think it's real...

Well, Nascar (for example) certainly isn't a sport! Maybe you should put posts related to racing in the tv forum as well. Pro wrestlers are VERY athletic, a lot more so than race car drivers, golfers, bowlers, etc...
Old 03-27-04, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Golf is what you do when you are retired and old or when you can't get laid, but yet people still consider it a sport.

I'm pissed Trips H didn't stay in Smackdown land. I'm pissed that the Dudleys are on Smackdown.

I thought RVD's contract is up in the next few months and Booker has gone on the record that this is his last year to wrestle. So I think the thought process is to have some new guys that can JOB to Cena and UT.
Old 03-27-04, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They do discuss the NBA here too.

I thought Booker was retiring after Mania. Musta decided to keep him around after the rest of the guys dropping like flies.

Maybe it's time for another Tough Enough. Mmmmm... Another Victoria.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the whole draft happened? Teddy Long for crissakes? More hate for the French on the other show?
Old 03-27-04, 11:46 PM
Banned

Cena is a horrible wrestler? Yeah right he has plenty of in ring skills (Can't you remember just a few months ago goldberg was champ and he only knows 2 moves). He is great on the mic and is way over with the fans. Word life. P.S. John Cena will be champ before Wrestlemania XXI
Old 03-27-04, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The draft happened cuz Vince saw the crowd at Wrestlemania XX and tried to capitilize on what he saw as the reason for the hugh crowd.