Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official March 26th NCAA Tournament Gameday Thread

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The Official March 26th NCAA Tournament Gameday Thread

Old 03-27-04, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so what was the injury in the Tech game? I have them in the final four sight unseen....is this Elder fella a crucial loss? is he a loss at all for the next game?
Old 03-27-04, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sweet - 6/8 of the Final 8. All 4 of my final 4 remain. Please let BJ Elder be okay to go (effectively) next round.
Old 03-27-04, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by brizz
so what was the injury in the Tech game? I have them in the final four sight unseen....is this Elder fella a crucial loss? is he a loss at all for the next game?

Uh - their leading scorer. Yeah, I would say he is crucial.
Old 03-27-04, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Very, very, impressed with Tech. They really had to battle for this win. They've shown heart all season, but this was a true test for them. Win or lose, it's good to have a team I can be proud of again.

das
Old 03-27-04, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by das Monkey
Very, very, impressed with Tech. They really had to battle for this win. They've shown heart all season, but this was a true test for them. Win or lose, it's good to have a team I can be proud of again.

das

Definitely an effort to be proud of. And that is comment I rarely throw out there for a rival team. Not since the days of Bobby Cremins has Tech had a reason to be proud about hoops.
Old 03-27-04, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk God

I have Duke going to the final 4 but considering that I am heavily relying on UConn and that probably nobody has Xavier in the final 4 (near the top of the pool that I competing with anyhow), I can finally root against the Dookies.
Old 03-27-04, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What's the status of Elder's injury? I was really hoping Tech could make it to the Championship game and face off against UConn, I really don't know if they can beat a surging Kansas squad if Elder is out.
DVD Talk Hero

I've said all along the winner of Duke/UConn will win this thing, but I'd gladly be proven wrong by Xavier, since I too have UConn going all the way and will win some fat cash if they do it like they should.

das
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't expect Illinois to win but that game was their for the taking and they laid an egg.

Augustine's phantom 3rd foul really hurt since Weber had to put Nick Smith back out their he was basically a 6th player for Duke.

If that's all Duke has UConn should roll to the championship game.
Old 03-27-04, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by das Monkey
I've said all along the winner of Duke/UConn will win this thing, but I'd gladly be proven wrong by Xavier, since I too have UConn going all the way and will win some fat cash if they do it like they should.

das

I'm there too. I entered 3 pools and relied on UConn beating Duke on one side in the final 4 in all 3 pools and then hedging around that on the other side. Fortunately, things have fallen into place quite nicely on the other side in one of my entries (GT, St Joes, and OK St) so I look to score some fat cash too.
Old 03-27-04, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also agreed on UConn winning it all. I have them beating Gtech in the championship game. And I had them winning it all at the beginning of the season too. Then again, almost everyone and their Grannies was on the UConn bandwagon from the start.
Old 03-27-04, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by the aftermath
Also agreed on UConn winning it all. I have them beating Gtech in the championship game. And I had them winning it all at the beginning of the season too. Then again, almost everyone and their Grannies was on the UConn bandwagon from the start.

Yep. Granny Red Dog was on them as soon as the word 'shit' left Roy Williams' mouth last April.

Last edited by Red Dog; 03-27-04 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-27-04, 01:14 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Damn, Bruce Weber just said Dee Brown's played the last month with a stress fracture in his leg.

It's kind of funny considering CBS turned Chris Duhon into a war hero tonight with his bruised ribs.
Old 03-27-04, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Nazgul
<----------------------------------

I don't want to hear another word out of you.

Old 03-27-04, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Nice, solid win out of the Blue Devils tonight. I was only one of two Duke fans in a bar of about a fifty or so Illini fans. Good times, good times.

I just want to say congrats to Xavier and Tech for pulling through w/ victories tonight.

Who kidnapped UAB before tip-off?
Old 03-27-04, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by MrX
It's kind of funny considering CBS turned Chris Duhon into a war hero tonight with his bruised ribs.
Is that what they were saying? All I saw were the ten rebounds and eight assists that he had next to his name.

Old 03-27-04, 04:06 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by B.A.
Is that what they were saying? All I saw were the ten rebounds and eight assists that he had next to his name.
With the minutes Weber had to play Nick Smith up front he could have gotten 10 rebounds with both arms cut off
Old 03-27-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 03-27-04, 02:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Daryl
YES!! I had over 21.5 on "Number of times Duhon's ribs are mentioned"
Someone on a UNC site counted and the annoucers mentioned his rib injury 63 times last night And that's not including halftime