Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Lakers Team/Players/Game Discussion

Old 03-24-04, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Lakers Team/Players/Game Discussion

Same Shit..................New thread
Old 03-24-04, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mmm...fresh thread smell. Oh wait, that's just skippy.

But anyhoo, on ESPNEWS, they said Kobe would start tomorrow...let's hope he's not too tired from sitting in a courtroom with his accuser all day.
Old 03-24-04, 03:37 AM

Originally posted by nickdawgy
This time, the Kings are the ones that played the night before. I hope Kobe plays, but I am still thinking the Lakers can not only beat the Kings tomorrow, but do it with style, and win comfortably.
For this, and many other reasons, I agree with you here, nick.

WebBer has completely destroyed the best offense ever.
Old 03-24-04, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by reapersaurus

Old 03-24-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Neither team is playing all that well lately but the Lakers have been winning a little more (thanks, refs ).

So how about tonight? Predictions?

Mine: Lakers 110, Kings 104.
Old 03-24-04, 12:58 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by reapersaurus

WebBer has completely destroyed the best offense ever.
Hmmm wasnt it you who laughed at me when I said the Kings were better without Webber.......
Old 03-24-04, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well there have been many of us who think the Kings are better without Webber, but he put the , so who knows what he really means
Old 03-24-04, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lakers win, GREAT! Lakers lose, ain't playoff time yet, keep arsenal for the playoffs. Either way i expect a good game. I'm gonna boo the hell out of the Queens. I hate them!
Old 03-24-04, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by MJKTool
Hmmm wasnt it you who laughed at me when I said the Kings were better without Webber.......
No, I've never (meant to) trumpet Webber's abilities, or his contributions to the team.

(I did one time point out that he shouldn't necessarily be known for choking in big games anymore, since he has played well the last 2 years in them.)

I think he's tremendously overrated (mainly due to his stats that don't tell the real story), and the team regularly plays worse when he's on the roster.

I don't believe it's a coincidence that the Kings play hard and well, have good energy and play smart when he's out.
There's something about his complacency, stupidity, and blase' attitude that brings out the laziness and bad playmaking in the Kings as a whole.

I think the Kings would have had a chance to win the championship this year without Webber, if they continued playing like they did and didn't have injuries in the playoffs this time.

WITH Webber...... they won't win unless he starts playing MUCH better. And since most everyone who's had that surgery has taken well over a year to get back to form (if ever), and with Webber being notoriously slow in healing.... well, make of those observations/opinions what you will.

BTW: The Kings are SACRIFICING their position in the playoff seedings by letting Webber continue to play when he's stinking up the joint. They are gambling that Webber will get better, and contribute enough in the playoffs (in the long run) to make up for him making the team worse (in the short run).

It's a ballsy strategy, and very Phil Jackson-like (give up the regular season for postseason chances). I'm sure Lakers fans would recognize it, and perhaps appreciate it.

Last edited by reapersaurus; 03-24-04 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-24-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think one of the main problems with the Kings and Webber is that Webber being *on* the court takes one excellent big man passer (either Miller or Divac) off of the court. Miller and Divac on the same court was a great combination.
Old 03-24-04, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't think Webber has ever had a positive impact for the Kings when they've played the Lakers. Now that he's still not 100%, L.A. should be able to neutralize him. It's Bibby and Jackson that usually hurt the Lakers...except in the playoffs when they miss wide open jumpers at the buzzer.
Old 03-24-04, 04:37 PM
Suspended

Yeah that SOB Bibby wories me alot more than the Choker. He always seems to hit every goddamn shot when he plays against the Lakers.
Old 03-24-04, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by El Scorcho
I think one of the main problems with the Kings and Webber is that Webber being *on* the court takes one excellent big man passer (either Miller or Divac) off of the court. Miller and Divac on the same court was a great combination.
Also, Chrissy might call time-out during the end of the game when the Kings are out of time-outs.
Old 03-24-04, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

BatBoy owns you!
Old 03-24-04, 05:17 PM

Originally posted by El Scorcho
Webber's been known as one of the best passing big men in the game, so I don't understand this. Anyway, I think the Kings do need a win to boost morale. Both teams have basically all of their players (except Jackson for the Kings), and the Kings have been struggling lately. A win isn't necessary, but it would help.
Old 03-24-04, 05:47 PM
Banned

So is it for sure Kobe isn't playing tonight against the kings? Go Lakers!
Old 03-24-04, 05:59 PM

Kobe's starting.
Old 03-24-04, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

looking forward to actually seeing this game as it is airing on espn tonight! yeah!

guess I'll be up late!
Old 03-24-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I also picked up the McFarlane NBA series 6 Laker figures today! Payton and Malone! Saw them at EB and couldn't resist, now I've got 4 of the starting 5, however I don't anticipate a Rick Fox or Devean George figure so this is all the Laker love I'll get!
Old 03-24-04, 06:57 PM
Suspended

Speaking of ESPN it looks like the game will be on ESPN-HD for those who have it, as well as the game on Friday against the TWolves. Hell yeah!!
Old 03-24-04, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm more worried about Peja then Bibby.
Old 03-24-04, 09:16 PM

But you've got that defensive stopper, Fox, to drape all over Peja, right?
Old 03-24-04, 09:18 PM

I'm hoping that the Lakers haven't found a defense against the pick-n-roll that killed them all game last game.

And for the record - the Lakers need this victory MUCH more than the Kings do.
If the Kings win, it's OVER for the Lakers chances to catch up to them.
If the Lakers win, it's just one (or 2) closer to the Kings (which can be significantly nullified if the Kings win in Sacto).
Old 03-24-04, 10:02 PM

Fox was good at defending Peja....2 years ago. Lets hope he can defend better than that last game, because he got burned so bad.
Old 03-24-04, 10:31 PM
Suspended

Lets get this shit started!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.