Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw Lottery TONIGHT!!!

Old 03-22-04, 12:08 PM

WWE Raw Lottery TONIGHT!!!

Alright, I know there are fans here that don't worry about those other silly "real" sports, and have been waiting for the Raw Draft tonight. Any thoughts on where Vinnie Mac is going with this. If you are a wrestling fan, then you know there is nothing said on TV that isn't ment. He mentioned that EVERYONE would be tossed into this lotto. Champions also? Does this mean belts can be lost here? Any thoughts? GM's going to be tossed around? We saw Shane on camera at WM XX, can we see his role reborn? Lets talk it up, I am excited about this!
Old 03-22-04, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The return of GILLBERG in inevitable!!!!!!

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out...
Old 03-22-04, 02:06 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

wwe: where the same old repeatedly used crap begins again...
Old 03-22-04, 03:03 PM

Thats it???

Come on, there has to be someone actually excited to see the rosters redone. With Goldberg and Brock gone, and the potential that Angle is shelved, makes this necessary. Plus, Triple H needs newer guys to put him over.

Although the return of Gilberg interests me.
Old 03-22-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm looking forward to it. It'll be interesting to see how it all works out. I just hope that Jericho stays on Raw.
Old 03-22-04, 03:53 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hopefully the Rock is back in or was it just a one off appearance for WMXX?
Old 03-22-04, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rock was more or less a one-off for WM.

I do like the re-doing of the rosters.I wish that they would've been killing the whole "brand extension" thing instead, but this'll do.
Old 03-22-04, 04:12 PM

Nah, the brand extention is a good thing, I only wish it was more legit.

They need the competition, even if it is with itself.

One brand has the elemination chamber, one the Hell in a cell.
One had the curserweights and the other the womens division.

It could be like two different feds, make it like they are trying to get the best talent to one show or the other. Better stories, I am all for Smackdown becomming WCW Nitro to get that name back. Ok it'll never happen, but still. Keeping things seperate is a good thing. Remember the Steph/Triple-h Era. Oh my God, the first 20 mins of EACH show was them BSing about what they were going to do. BS Match, triple h segment, match, Steph and Triple H segment, Match, Triple H title defence, show over. At least Smackdown gives the newer faces a shot to shine.

I do on a whole feel the brand extention is very good, and hope they spice up the roster tonight.
Old 03-22-04, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love the fact that Vince is keeping all the boys in the dark about where they are going to end up. That's probably the easiest way to keep it leaking out to the likes of you and me.
Old 03-22-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lately Raw has been the same thing, only without the frequent title defense or Steph.
Old 03-22-04, 04:26 PM

I agree, Raw has been horrable, with Smackdown holding me pretty well. Both shows have fallen a bit in the past year or so, but I was impressed with WM XX.

I can't put my finger on what they are doing wrong either. Guys like Triple H are not fitting at the below main event level, not sure if its them, or the storylines themselves. The only guy I saw come out of the Main Event status, and still hold interest is Y2J. He wa a believable champ, and is still interesting.

Yeah it is a great idea also to not let the wrestlers know where they are going yet, cus it would be all over the internet.

All in all it should be good, we have seen Michales vs Triple H quite often, but not Michaels vs Eddie, or Edge VS Benoit.

I got my Steveweisers ready for tonight just the same.
Old 03-22-04, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope the lottery is all just a big swerve, and that the draft will be just getting underway when something goes horribly, HORRIBLY wrong for Mr. McMahon and his well-laid plan...
Old 03-22-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Dream Booking.

Vince starts the draft. About halfway through Heyman and Bischoff both start bitching that the draft is fixed.

Vice gets pissed and fires Bischoff and gives Shane full control over Raw.

Heyman goes ballistic saying that Nepotism is rearing it's ugly head. Vince gets pissed and fires Heyman and announces that Steph is the new Smackdown GM.

Near the end of the draft, Vince tries to convince Shane to fire XXX(HHH,Austin, whoever) and Shane refuses. Vince tells him that Shane works for him and he better tow the line. Shane say 'No I don't' and annouces that with his full control, he's going to finish the job he started 3 years ago and declares that Raw is now WCW Raw (or WWE Nitro).

Meanwhile Steph picks the returning Edge for Smackdown. But he refuses and says he got a better offer. Vince says that either Edge go to SD or he's fired. Edge quits and in comes Heyman with a contract for Edge to sign. Heyman announces that he just cut a deal to air ECW Hardcore on saturday nights, replacing WWE Velocity.

So at the end of the night there are 3 big shows. WCW Raw, WWE Smackdown, and ECW Hardcore. WCW and WWE have the big name stars while ECW gets most of the underused midcarders.

D
Old 03-22-04, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Either way I'm missing it b/cuz I'm outta town and I don't have Spike TV in my hotel!
Old 03-22-04, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Derrich
Dream Booking.

Vince starts the draft. About halfway through Heyman and Bischoff both start bitching that the draft is fixed.

Vice gets pissed and fires Bischoff and gives Shane full control over Raw.

Heyman goes ballistic saying that Nepotism is rearing it's ugly head. Vince gets pissed and fires Heyman and announces that Steph is the new Smackdown GM.

Near the end of the draft, Vince tries to convince Shane to fire XXX(HHH,Austin, whoever) and Shane refuses. Vince tells him that Shane works for him and he better tow the line. Shane say 'No I don't' and annouces that with his full control, he's going to finish the job he started 3 years ago and declares that Raw is now WCW Raw (or WWE Nitro).

Meanwhile Steph picks the returning Edge for Smackdown. But he refuses and says he got a better offer. Vince says that either Edge go to SD or he's fired. Edge quits and in comes Heyman with a contract for Edge to sign. Heyman announces that he just cut a deal to air ECW Hardcore on saturday nights, replacing WWE Velocity.

So at the end of the night there are 3 big shows. WCW Raw, WWE Smackdown, and ECW Hardcore. WCW and WWE have the big name stars while ECW gets most of the underused midcarders.

D
I like this idea mainly because it is something NEW!!!
It is kind of like my idea posted in a last weeks RAW thread:

"Anyway, here's an idea off the top of my head that would salvage this somewhat, at least in my mind:

The RAW Roster decides to protest against another brand extension and rally against Vince behind Bishoff. They will not leave RAW for Smackdown. This, of course, pisses off the Smackdown crew for RAW thinking their show is less then RAW.

Anyway, Vince says that if RAW tallent does not want to be in the brand extension they will NOT be recognized as WWE tallent. A few trickle over to Smackdown (mainly the younger tallent who just started and have more to lose) after that announcement but the main guys stay.

Raw is off the air for two or three weeks.

Meanwhile, Smackdown becomes the focal point as the Smackdown Superstars become the only WWE Superstars. They go on about how RAW is not needed and they were the better show anyway. They ARE the WWE. Vince comes out to gloat week after week about how he has the best tallent in the wrestling world and those "traitors" are NOT needed.

The final week Bishoff walks out and reveals that he has taken it upon himself to do what he has wanted to do for a looonnnnng time. He revives WCW and regains the Monday Night timeslot.

"Vince, you may have won the Monday night war but lets see if you win this one. I beat you before Vince and...well...you were right about one thing...it ALL begins again..."

Kick to the head. Vince goes down. Smackdown Roster runs out to attack Bishoff but is met by the new RAW roster (with some new faces as they bring up farm league tallent and maybe a few purchases of NWA-TNA tallent) coming out of all corners of the crowd.

End of Brand extension and a "slightly" new direction. New storlylines created. New fueds. New guys are pushed. New matches created."
Old 03-22-04, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by FatHead316
Thats it???

Come on, there has to be someone actually excited to see the rosters redone. With Goldberg and Brock gone, and the potential that Angle is shelved, makes this necessary. Plus, Triple H needs newer guys to put him over.

Although the return of Gilberg interests me.
Again, I state what I said in last weeks RAW thread:

"A problem that wouldn't have transpired if NOT for the brand extension. If it was everyone against everyone, all the WWE tallent against all the WWE tallent, then there is MORE fueds, MORE stables, MORE heels and MORE faces against everybody else. The mix becomes larger. Both RAW and Smackdowns tagteam devision are TERRIBLE! (and tag teams have been since the Brand Extension). Getting all the teams together would make things more interesting.

FORGET all this two show belt shit.

1 Heavyweight Champ
1 Intercontinental Champ
1 set of Tag Champs
1 Cruiserweight
1 Womans

The belts have become meaningless because of how many there are and the fact that certain guys cannot fight for certain belts. The only time recently that I felt a belt meant something was when Benoit won it last night. The guy has been around for 18 years, HHH has had it forever and it was an amazing match to capture the gold.

The only way I would buy multipul belts in the federation is if my idea of the WCW rebith happened and Bishoff used the WCW names for the belts (hell, even bring back the lame TV Title -although, I will admit, that belt had some good matches surrounding it...mainly the Booker T/Benoit series). Then you have "WCW" tallent with WCW belts that they claim mean more then the Smackdown titles. They covet them more and would not wrestle a Smackdown tallent for their "federations" title. Smackdown feels the same way. Their belts are there's.

Of course, this would lead up to a huge match for a title or two after months of build up instead of what they did before by having WWE guys and WCW guys dropping titles to each other every other week. It became silly after awhile.

Anyway, the original post quoted was about lack of heels and, again, I stand by what I said in that this would not be a problem if the brand extension didn't happen.

How long will it be before we see a lack of heels? Lack of original fueds? Before one show is terrible and the other carries the federation? (Remember how RAW and Smackdown have flipflopped over the better show. During the Nash vs HHH days Smackdown was the better show. Recently it has been RAW. )

Personally, from a wrestling fan since he was 8, and from somebody pretty much done with the WWE, it is time to take note of times when we were shown a NEW WWE (start of the Hogan era, the New Generation and the Attitude Era) and elevate new "Superstars", new fueds and new ideas instead of rehashing old ones and bringing in old tallent to keep the ship afloat (Hall, Nash, Goldberg, Steiner - three who are out of the federation now and one who hasn't done anything of merit since a terrible fued with HHH. I won't mention Hogan here because it was nice to see him back and the crowd loved him and, to his credit, for awhile there he did bring in ratings). Really, in the end, it just added more weight to an already sinking ship (house show attendence, ratings and PPV buy-rates all show us that). Personally, by doing that, I feel is the only way they can really all begin again."

SIDE NOTE: The two shows really DID NOT compeat with each other and there was no real sense of that in the end.
Old 03-22-04, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

mmmmkay, this doesnt have anything to do with the thread, but just to make you guys jealous...

Stacy Kiebler's gonna be here (ft hood) signing autographs in April.

(((sorry if i misspelled her name)))
Old 03-22-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by IdgIe49
mmmmkay, this doesnt have anything to do with the thread, but just to make you guys jealous...

I got to touch her at the fan fest for Mania X-8. I see your and I raise you
Old 03-22-04, 06:58 PM

You know, I started this at work, because I was so damn boared. And now I am at home, laptop in the shop, typing on my PDA and the thread is hoping. Damn.
Old 03-22-04, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a feeling this is going to be lame. I wonder if this is going to be done backstage with all the big names being done and all the scrubs being announced on wwe.com.
Old 03-22-04, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by IdgIe49

Want to do me a favor, Idgie?
Old 03-22-04, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dancinns
Want to do me a favor, Idgie?
yeah ditto...btw thanks for that email IdgIe, good stuff
Old 03-22-04, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seems like there won't be any wrestling tonight? Not that I'm complaining.
Old 03-22-04, 09:05 PM

You know, I started this at work, because I was so damn boared. And now I am at home, laptop in the shop, typing on my PDA and the thread is hoping. Damn.
Old 03-22-04, 09:09 PM
Premium Member

Originally posted by BlackCapTen
Seems like there won't be any wrestling tonight? Not that I'm complaining.
There is wrestling.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.