Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Lakers Team/Players/Game Discussion

Old 03-16-04, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Lakers Team/Players/Game Discussion

Nice win by 3.

Old 03-16-04, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

A new thread, and a new win, good job Lakers
Old 03-16-04, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Good thing Orlando lost or Phil was gonna get fined another 50 grand for the refs blowing that 6th foul call on T-Mac.
Old 03-16-04, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 03-16-04, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

shouldn't have been any chance for Orlando, but the Lakers in typicall fashion have to make things seem out of hand before they pull their shit together.

a win is a win however, and we'll take it.

and a big thanx to the diesel tonight for his fine fantasy contribution! (aside from the free throws of course, which I don't recall ever winning with Shaq on my team)
Old 03-16-04, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Looking at some of the NBA boards over at ESPN, the Magic fans and the Laker haters all agree that McGrady was hacked so much by Kobe, the refs helped the Lakers steal a win, etc.

Why is it when the Lakers win, the refs helped them, it's 8 on 5, blah blah. But when the Lakers opponent wins, it's refs called a good game, Lakers suck, etc.
Old 03-16-04, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was Karl hacked at end of regulation or not?
Old 03-16-04, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by SleepyW
Was Karl hacked at end of regulation or not?
He was hammered by McGrady.
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, there ya go. Karma is a bitch.
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

God damn people, reading through the last 5 pages of the old thread was just pathetic. No faith at all...

Who cares if Orlando sucks? Who cares if they pulled off a miracle win? Who cares if some sore losers say that McGrady was hacked by Kobe (should we forget the foul on Karl with 4 seconds left)?

Good job by the Lakers to win this one, though the defense was lacking, they picked it up and won a great game.

[deleted comment about reaper]...congrats on finding yet another way to bash the Lakers after a win.
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, Kobe tied a Lakers team record for points in a quarter with 24. Jerry West and Elgin Baylor hold the record also.
Old 03-16-04, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Can someone tell me why the hell Kobe is even out there in the first place? I thought Jackson wasn't an idiot.

Guess not. Kobe should be resting that shoulder, not playing games against the Magic and Clippers, which the other three future hall of famers should easily be able to handle.
Old 03-16-04, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kobe's out there because he wants to be out there. Personally, I don't like the call to put him out before he's 100%, but since he said he will never reach 100% before the end of the season, I guess having him out there with Payton, Malone & Shaq is OK, but having him play such a demanding defense against T-Mac and shooting so many times seems a bit much.
Old 03-16-04, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As I stated in the other thread, we all stuck around to see it through, despite the ugly game and huge deficit.
Old 03-16-04, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by El Scorcho
Can someone tell me why the hell Kobe is even out there in the first place? I thought Jackson wasn't an idiot.

Guess not. Kobe should be resting that shoulder, not playing games against the Magic and Clippers, which the other three future hall of famers should easily be able to handle.
If he's healthy enough to score like he did tonight, he's okay. If Kobe wanted to sit, he'd say so. He's obviously fine. I thought he was hurting more because he grabbed his shoulder alot during the game, but as you can see by his stats, he must not be hurting to the point his game is affected.
Old 03-16-04, 01:45 AM

Originally posted by nickdawgy
Looking at some of the NBA boards over at ESPN, the Magic fans and the Laker haters all agree that McGrady was hacked so much by Kobe, the refs helped the Lakers steal a win, etc.

Why is it when the Lakers win, the refs helped them, it's 8 on 5, blah blah. But when the Lakers opponent wins, it's refs called a good game, Lakers suck, etc.
umm.. let me hazard the obvious observation:

Because everyone but you guys on here has EYES!!!!?

Here: http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/re...T&room=nba_orl
and here: http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/re...T&room=nba_lal

Many other Laker boards I've been to have the wisdom and good sense to at least admit when they were handed a victory by the refs.
According to THIS board, the refs actually screwed the LAkers!
(Boy, is THAT a hilarious and pathetic belief)

Truly, the Laker fans on this board are the most biased and irrational group of Laker fans I've ever seen.

Congrats, guys.
Old 03-16-04, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As I stated in the other thread, we all stuck around to see it through, despite the ugly game and huge deficit.
Only after they were coming back

No seriously, I have faith in them, I just hate to see them make fools of themselves. So I turn it off. Plus, it seems that when I turn it off, the come back and win, or when I show no faith, they win, so go figure
Old 03-16-04, 01:46 AM

I really don't care enough to bother, but maybe you could check that thread, because it sure read like 2 guys bailed at the half, or in the 3rd.
Old 03-16-04, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by nickdawgy
If he's healthy enough to score like he did tonight, he's okay. If Kobe wanted to sit, he'd say so. He's obviously fine. I thought he was hurting more because he grabbed his shoulder alot during the game, but as you can see by his stats, he must not be hurting to the point his game is affected.
It's not a matter of stats -- it's a matter of him being one pick, one hard foul as he's driving to the hoop, etc. away from being back on the sideline for a few games with that shoulder. Why not let it heal all the way? I can't believe Phil is letting an obviously hurt shoulder out on the court for games against very mediocre teams.
Old 03-16-04, 01:48 AM

It's amazing to me too, Scorcho.

You're making perfect sense to ME, but then I'm not a Laker fan desperate for a win... ANY win.
Old 03-16-04, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by reapersaurus
I really don't care enough to bother, but maybe you could check that thread, because it sure read like 2 guys bailed at the half, or in the 3rd.
It seems like you do care enough to bother and I really don't understand why. You seem to have some strange fascination with the Lakers and take every opportunity to berate them for no good reason.
Many other Laker boards I've been to have the wisdom and good sense to at least admit when they were handed a victory by the refs.
Handed the victory? I really don't see any way you can say they were handed the game. Were there some calls not made? Sure - some against T-Mac, some against Malone. Were there some bad calls? Sure - the offensive goaltending anyone? But what it comes down to is that after every game, no matter what happens, you can bitch about the refereeing. If the game's close, then, of course, it's going to have some effect. Perhaps if the Magic didn't blow a 21 point lead in the first place, a non-call or two or three on T-Mac wouldn't be such a big ****ing deal.
Old 03-16-04, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

umm.. let me hazard the obvious observation:

Because everyone but you guys on here has EYES!!!!?

Here: http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/re...T&room=nba_orl
and here: http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/re...T&room=nba_lal

According to THIS board, the refs actually screwed the LAkers!
(Boy, is THAT a hilarious and pathetic belief)

Truly, the Laker fans on this board are the most biased and irrational group of Laker fans I've ever seen.

Congrats, guys.
Once again, reaper allows his hater feelings to get the best of him.

Karl was fouled by McGrady. If the last second shot by McGrady had counted, it would have been huge. For one, McGrady should have fouled out (the no call on Karl would have been his 6th) and he would have never even been around to attempt the shot.

I saw a foul by Shaq that wasn't called, so I know the refs suck both ways. But open your eyes, man, Malone was abused. McGrady didn't get called for it because he's the top scorer in the NBA, and the Magic fans would have stormed the NBA office with pitchforks demanding a ref suspension.

Oh and I am sure some way, some how Terrell Owens would have found a way to protest the call.
Old 03-16-04, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

That seems to happen every game with some people. Glad i'm not one of them though. Personally, fans like that always bug me, being quick to say "lakers are going to lose" and what not, but hey, people are free to voice their opinion.
Old 03-16-04, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Congrats, guys.
Yeah, all your posts shows that you are absolutely not biased or irrational either.

Congrats, reaper.
Old 03-16-04, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Every victory counts now, reaper. If Peja or Bibby was hurt, and the Kings played by the skin of their teeth, you'd want them to be on the floor as much as possible. You just happen to like a team that has a comfortable lead in their division., and doesn't need to take drastic measures.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.