Reload this Page >

Kobe Bryant Charged with Sexual Assault

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Kobe Bryant Charged with Sexual Assault

Old 07-22-03, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by LurkerDan
That the DA and the police and a judge all thought there was probable cause to arrest and charge Kobe.
How do we know that his idea of "enough evidence" isn't her accusation along with his admission that they had sex and lab tests to corroborate that? Even WE all know that much. My point is that I don't think it would take that much for him to press charges, so I don't take that as enough to simply cave into the 'give her the benefit of the doubt' camp.

Originally posted by LurkerDan
that is why I am going to give the criminal justice system the benefit of the doubt.
For once, we agree.

As I've stated before, I'm the last person that will defend a rapists, no matter who they are. When an ex told me she was raped, I wanted to hunt the guy down and surgically remove his kneecaps with a baseball bat. But obviously, I'm going to believe her out of blind faith because i know her. In this Kobe case, I simply don't know enough about either person or the facts to judge--unlike others (not naming names, but we both know others are taking definitive sides).
Old 07-22-03, 04:59 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SleepyW
Methinks you should take your own advice.
Until Kobe himself joins this forum, I can call him a bastard. I told you to calm down in regards to your comments toward other forum members.

We've really gotten this thing off track. Seeing that we've reached the 10 page mark, I'm closing this one. If there is any new revelations worth discussing(and not personal information about the accuser such as phone, address, property tax information), feel free to start a new thread.