NCAA Basketball: Auburn vs Bama

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 01-18-03, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok.. so auburn isnt suppose to have a chance in this game

Bama has spent time at #1 in the nation this season.. and has spent the whole season in the top 10

auburn just finally got a single vote in the polls this week

but you gotta love these rivalry games.. could go either way..

btw.. current records (with this matchup pending)..
#9 Bama 12-2
unranked Auburn 14-2

Last edited by twikoff; 01-18-03 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-18-03, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk God

10pt game
3 1/2 minutes to play in the game
Old 01-18-03, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Final Score
Auburn 77
#9 Bama 68

we dont expect much from our basketball team at Auburn.. but this win over bama is huge for the home crowd.. that makes 7 straight wins over bama when playing at Auburn..

Auburn may not win another game this season.. but I believe that makes them the first team in the nation with 15 wins, and the only SEC team that is left undefeated in SEC play.
Old 01-18-03, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was a fun game for us AU fans for sure. I don't think Auburn is some powerhouse... I think maybe more it's that Bama isn't really a Top 10 team. I'd love to be wrong about Auburn... let's see how they do this week on the road against Kentucky and Georgia. War Eagle!
Old 01-18-03, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Didn't see the game but I'll chime in on the SEC. I've been impressed by what I have seen from the SEC this year. I knew they had strong teams at the top (if the tournament started today, Florida would be one of my Final-4 picks), but now I am realizing that there is quite a bit of depth in the conference as well.
Old 01-18-03, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

even though i don't really follow auburn basketball, i am always glad to see them beat bama. this is a big win for them. cliff ellis was saying that auburn would probably be a .500 team this year. well they definitely will do better than that.
Old 01-18-03, 07:58 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Red Dog
if the tournament started today, Florida would be one of my Final-4 picks),
I wouldn't pick Florida for the Final Four simply because of their loss to WVU. WVU isn't terrible, but they are pretty mediocre, starting 2 sophomores and 3 freshman with a 9-5 record.

Florida played pretty well that game too, shot over 50% from the floor. So it wasn't a "WVU's best day, Florida's worst" type of game.
Old 01-18-03, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by atlantamoi
That was a fun game for us AU fans for sure. I don't think Auburn is some powerhouse... I think maybe more it's that Bama isn't really a Top 10 team. I'd love to be wrong about Auburn... let's see how they do this week on the road against Kentucky and Georgia. War Eagle!
If they can somehow manage a split, it sets up a three-game homestand...Auburn could be in great shape for a solid SEC West finish if they can win one or two on the road.

Proudly flying my IU and Auburn colors tonight!
Old 01-18-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by twikoff
but I believe that makes them the first team in the nation with 15 wins, and the only SEC team that is left undefeated in SEC play.
Florida has the same record as Auburn, 15-2 and 4-0 in the SEC. Kentucky is also undefeated in the SEC at 3-0.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that Florida's schedule has been much tougher than Auburn's, as well.
Old 01-18-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by TruGator
Florida has the same record as Auburn, 15-2 and 4-0 in the SEC. Kentucky is also undefeated in the SEC at 3-0.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that Florida's schedule has been much tougher than Auburn's, as well.
but its expected out of florida

auburn has been a complete surprise

and as I said.. Auburn may lose the rest of their games this season.. but beating Bama at home was a huge win (even if it is the 7th in a row against them at home)