Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Whose given up on the WWF?

Old 01-07-03, 12:57 AM

Whose given up on the WWF?

I use to watch this twice a week every week. But since the split i only have watched raw. But lately i have not watched it that much. What has happen to this poor show same old thing every week. Will it ever rebound. I really hope so i am on my last string. Damn HHH give other wrestlers a chance. I hope someone comes out with some compation with the WWF. I will never call it the WWE.
Old 01-07-03, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Whose given up on the WWF?

Originally posted by csim
What has happen to this poor show same old thing every week.

I'm sorry.....I couldn't help it.
Old 01-07-03, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I never watch Smackdown, the Raw tonight was below average...I get close at times giving up on it altogether....
Old 01-07-03, 03:08 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

I quit watching Raw back in Sept. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched Smackdown. Tough Enough is about the only WWE show I watch anymore.
Old 01-07-03, 08:06 AM

For me, I'm like a heroin addict. I'm still looking for the first time high I experienced years and years ago
Old 01-07-03, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't given up yet, and if they got rid of Cripple H, I probably would pay more attention to the shows.
Old 01-07-03, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yes, I gave up in 1988.

Old 01-07-03, 08:47 AM
Mod Emeritus

HHH and a "dead body" ... I've not been back since.
Old 01-07-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll never give up on the WWE. I know their shows are bleah right now but it entertains me. I can't wait for next week with the Raw 10th Anniversary show and the return of Vince McMahon on Raw.
Old 01-07-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I watch RAW, but will flip to MTV if they have a Road Rules or Real World vs Road Rules show airing, as they did yesterday.

I never miss a Tough Enough.

Haven't seen Smackdown since the split, except for a scattered 5 minutes here & there
Old 01-07-03, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Dead
HHH and a "dead body" ... I've not been back since.
Worst. Storyline. Ever.

And for the WWE/F, that's saying a LOT. [And i've only started watching again this year]
Old 01-07-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I often ask myself why I don't when I watch the programs.
Old 01-07-03, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't get UPN, but my fiancee does. So I've taken to having her record SD! for me and watching it later. I like doing that so much, that I now tape Raw. Fast forward through commercials and Cripple H segments, and Raw usually takes about 25 minutes to watch!

I'm embarrassed when I have to ask my dish-owning friend to record a PPV for me.
Old 01-07-03, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i havent watched it sinced the rocks been gone
Old 01-07-03, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still believe in the WWF. As long as people keep polluting our planet, the WWF will continue to fight for a greener, cleaner environment. Save the trees!
Old 01-07-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't watched any WWF shows in about a year. The quality has just gone down the crapper ever since Vince bought all of his competition.
Old 01-07-03, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty much just watch the PPV's over a friend's house.
Old 01-08-03, 01:09 AM

I'll always be a fan. However, they need to end the roster split. I don't understand why Vince doesn't see that the roster split is one of the main problems! Firing JR would be the next step, or just letting him do backstage work, I'm sick of hearing his mauled voice every week. I'm guessing Jesse Ventura will be back in the booth soon, he has stated that he would like to get involved with wrestling again. WWE.com needs to add a sub-site letting the fans vote for what they want thru polls, etc... Without WWE employees rigging it everytime. It's time for Vince to let the fans have what they want, not what Vince and the guy that is porking his daughter wants!
Old 01-08-03, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
JR has to much power to just be told to step down. I havn't watched it all in a long time. I couldn't tell you the story lines if you had a gun to my head. I pretty much 98% given up on it. I'm sure I will be back when It gets better or I show more interest in the wrestlers. I gave up on it though once Hogan came back. The no talent leg dropping excuse for a wrestler annoyed me.
Old 01-08-03, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I found Japanese Pro Wrestling to be more entertaining, even though I don't understand a word they curse
I gave up on WWF when Hulkamania became champion again
Old 01-08-03, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kumar J
I found Japanese Pro Wrestling to be more entertaining, even though I don't understand a word they curse
I gave up on WWF when Hulkamania became champion again
That was more of a PR thing than anything else, and he dropped it after one month, so no real harm done.
Old 01-08-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mnguye10
I still believe in the WWF. As long as people keep polluting our planet, the WWF will continue to fight for a greener, cleaner environment. Save the trees!

Old 01-08-03, 01:51 PM

Wrestling has always run in a cycle. It gets so huge that wrestling is everywhere and you get sick of it, then it dissapears for a few years. Give it a year or two and wrestling will be big again.
Old 01-08-03, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I gave up

I started by only reading the Smackdown spoilers, but now I just read the reviews. I can't remember the last time I read something and kicked myself for missing it.

Call me a mainstream mark, but I'll tune back when Austin or Rock come back, but even then it'll only be for a few shows (before they stick them in feuds with HHH, Kane, etc.)