Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

Jan. 1 Bowl Games

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Jan. 1 Bowl Games

Old 01-02-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was pulling for the Gators, but it was hard with the stupid playcalling.

Why did they go for 2 when they went up 13-7? The reverse lateral pass has already been discussed. Stupid stupid stupid.
Old 01-02-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Gromit
Why isn't Florida playing for the national championship? Oh yeah, they lost to Miami, LSU, Ole Miss and Florida State.
and Michigan...
Old 01-03-03, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
I said congrats to NC State on making the most of their opportunity. Just because they won this bowl game does not change what transpired during the regular season (i.e. a 4th place ACC finish). You can call it bitterness. I call it reality.
Yes, we know you disagree with their being picked for the Gator Bowl. But the truth is, there was no alternative. The Gator just didnt want Virginia (they were 8-5), and if they had picked Maryland, they would have either had to go with a rematch with Notre Dame or West Virginia (and I doubt the schools would have agreed to the rematch since they were both blowouts), or get an 8-4 Pittsburgh team. Obviously, NC State was the only choice.

Originally posted by Red Dog
The problem with the ACC this year is that they did not have a big non-conference victory prior to the bowls (and I don't consider MD beating WV a big victory). It was hard to make a case for them w/o having such a victory.
Thankfully the ACC will have at least one HUGE non-conference victory next season on September 13, 2003
Old 01-03-03, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Yeah - UVA was 8-5. Look at their non-conference schedule though.
Old 01-03-03, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by ENDContra

Thankfully the ACC will have at least one HUGE non-conference victory next season on September 13, 2003
I'm guessing this is the date NC State plays Ohio State.