Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Dec. 26- Motor City and Insight Bowl

Old 12-26-02, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dec. 26- Motor City and Insight Bowl

Boston College

VS.

Toledo

What will happen: Toledo might be more of a handful than Boston College thinks. This is a strong, well-coached team with the talent to play with most of the bowl teams. Boston College is just a little better. It's better on the offensive line, and more athletic on defense. Don't be totally surprised if a well-motivated Rocket team pulls off the stunner, but Boston College has been too strong this season against the mid-range teams.
CFN Prediction: Boston College 31 ... Toledo 17
http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2...Motor_City.htm

Oregon State

Vs.

Pittsburgh

What will happen: All the talk will be about the great offensive players, but the defenses will dominate. Hayes vs. Jackson, Weathersby vs. Fitzgerald and Newson vs. Pittsburgh CB Torrie Cox will be outstanding individual matchups to watch. In the end, the Pittsburgh defense will be just a wee bit stronger with its back seven being the difference. Rutherford will have a slightly better game than Anderson, but Oregon State will win if Anderson ends up going off. Expect a low scoring, and very good, game that could go either way.
CFN Prediction: Pittsburgh 20 ... Oregon State 17
http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2...ls/Insight.htm
Old 12-26-02, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My money's on BC and Pitt ... no really ... I've got money on them. I've shown the Big East a lot of respect this year ... they better not let me down.

das
Old 12-26-02, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I decided not to put any cash on these. Those small-conference vs. middle-tier majors are too unpredicatable.

Pittsburgh's receiver is too good for Oregon State's defense, but I'm not willing to put my paycheck on it
Old 12-26-02, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I see BC and Pittsburgh winning.
Old 12-26-02, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk God

BC has had 6 possessions.. and so far has 6 touchdowns

42-10, still a couple minutes left in the first half

and mac fans wonder why marshall is the only team that gets any respect at all in that conference
Old 12-26-02, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And they were robbed from the clear interception. Must be Big 10 officials.

das
Old 12-26-02, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by das Monkey
And they were robbed from the clear interception. Must be Big 10 officials.

das
yep.. definitly was an interception.. and would have easily been converted for another 7
Old 12-26-02, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not a huge fan of teams running up the score, but considering some of the cheap shots Toledo took, I'd love to have seen BC air it out all game long.

Big East: 1 down, 4 to go.

Go Pitt!
Go WVU!
Go VTech!
Go Miami!
Old 12-26-02, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

God, I love this kid. I've said it almost every week since the Notre Dame game ... he can catch ANYTHING.

das
Old 12-26-02, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Holy God ... that's two of the most incredible touchdowns you'll ever see in the first 5 minutes.

das
Old 12-26-02, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Holy God ... that's two of the most incredible touchdowns you'll ever see in the first 5 minutes.

das
I saw the Pitt touchdown which was freaking awsome! I was on my way home from the bar and I missed the Oregon touchdown it says in the box score that it was a 65 yarder.
Old 12-26-02, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth Lateralus
I saw the Pitt touchdown which was freaking awsome! I was on my way home from the bar and I missed the Oregon touchdown it says in the box score that it was a 65 yarder.

Don't worry ... it'll be on SportsCenter ... and probably 10 more times during this game.

das
Old 12-26-02, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As expected, this is a great game!

das
Old 12-26-02, 10:45 PM
Retired

God, I love this kid. I've said it almost every week since the Notre Dame game ... he can catch ANYTHING.

das
Well, he did drop what would have been the game winning TD with about a minute left against WVU.
Old 12-27-02, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The difference between "can" and "will."

And with today's games, I'm now 6-1 in my point-spread office pool ... who knew Chang would get hurt and screw up my Hawaii pick.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 12-27-02 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-27-02, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, forgot to mention ... hope no one here attended Toledo, because your team embarrassed themselves and is at the top of my list of No Good Thugs: The NCAA Edition. What a bunch of punkass no-class sore losers.

das
Old 12-27-02, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, forgot to mention ... hope no one here attended Toledo, because your team embarrassed themselves and is at the top of my list of No Good Thugs: The NCAA Edition. What a bunch of punkass no-class sore losers.
things were getting a little chippy at the end of the half. that's when the coach is supposed to tell his players to watch themselves and calm them down. then in the second half, one of their idiot linebackers issued a blatant late hit on St. Pierre after he was well out of bounds.

goons.

tom o'brien is one of the classiest coaches in college football and hates to run up the score against opponents. i wish he hadn't called off the dogs in the second half.
Old 12-27-02, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...2270061&Ref=AR

toledo's coach wants to know why BC's players weren't kicked out, too. well, maybe the fact that they weren't throwing punches or playing like goons had something to do with it.
Old 12-27-02, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Toledo was one of the uglier displays I have seen from a team in a while. UCLA the other night wasn't too far behind, though.
Old 12-27-02, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth RoyalTea
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...2270061&Ref=AR

toledo's coach wants to know why BC's players weren't kicked out, too. well, maybe the fact that they weren't throwing punches or playing like goons had something to do with it.

What a ****wad. That one guy threw 3 punches before the officials got to the pile and saw him throw the one that ultimately got him tossed. Perhaps it also has something to do with the fact that no one on BC issued an intentional head-butt to the back of a player's head who had lost his helmet. That head-butt's the kind of thing where the University should be fined or something ... that's "assault" territory.

das
Old 12-27-02, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Toledo is definately a dirty team. I've seen that on numerous occasions against Marshall. And they're pretty much a bunch of whiners, too. When they lose, it's because of the officials, injuries, whatever. Always something other than they got outplayed. They definately didn't do the MAC proud.
Old 12-27-02, 08:21 PM
Retired

Those 2 wins bring the Big East to 10-2 in bowls over the past 3 years, with 3 left this year in which they should be favored.

So much for the Big East being a "weak" conference.
Old 12-27-02, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Those 2 wins bring the Big East to 10-2 in bowls over the past 3 years, with 3 left this year in which they should be favored.

So much for the Big East being a "weak" conference.
Yeah they were two great opponents they played.
Old 12-28-02, 10:38 PM
Retired

Originally posted by zak52
Yeah they were two great opponents they played.
If that's the case, why did you pick Toledo to win in the "Bragging Rights BCS" thread?
Old 12-28-02, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
If that's the case, why did you pick Toledo to win in the "Bragging Rights BCS" thread?
cause trev alberts says toledo is better

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.