Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Yankees Get Another One

Old 12-28-02, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's sort of a Catch-22 though. Teams want to get better, but to get better they need money. And to get money they need revenues. And to get revenues they need to get better.

Still I see a team like Oakland that does all the right moves, yet still has serious revenue problems and an attendance over the last three years which is suspect. I'm not saying its impossible to sell baseball in Oakland. But it's not going to happen overnight, and it will take years upon years. And that's near impossible.

The Yankees, like the Cubs will always be a big draw. Too much history and too big of a market. I can't imagine Kansas City ever being a big draw. At least not anywhere near enough to compete with the Yankees. The population of the town would likely have to quadruple and then you'd need some serious bidding for TV/radio rights. It simply won't happen.
Old 12-28-02, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If teams are unable to compete due to the restrictions of their market then they should either be moved or contracted IMO.