Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw 12/23/02

Old 12-23-02, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE Raw 12/23/02

From http://raw.wwe.com/

RAW preview for tonight, Dec. 23
RAW comes to you tonight on the new TNN at 9/8 CT.

One mega-match has already been named for tonight's RAW. Former Tag Team Champions Christian and Chris Jericho will exercise their rematch clause and challenge the duo that beat them for the titles at Armageddon -- Booker T and Goldust. Do Christian and Chris Jericho have what it takes to become two-time Tag Team Champions? Or will Booker and Goldust's momentum carry them right past their challengers? Find out Monday night on The New TNN.

Also, as RAW went off the air last week, Triple H was none to pleased with the announcement of his Royal Rumble opponent Scott Steiner. Will The Game attempt to get a leg up on his challenger before the two meet at the January Pay-Per-View? We'll find out Monday at RAW.

Don't miss RAW when it kicks off at 9/8 CT on the new TNN!

Old 12-23-02, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On a somewhat related note I had this crazy dream last night that I was cruiserweight champion but instead of a belt they gave me an empty paper towel roll. And Maven had an empty toilet paper roll. So I went to JR with this crazy idea that I could do a skit to tease Maven with some "innuendo" concerning our empty rolls. So he told me to go see Vince, so I went to Vince, who had his hands handcuffed behind his back and was feeding worms to baby birds. I tell him the idea and he thinks it would be a kickass idea to have Raven come back to Raw to feud with me. He said when I was making fun of Maven, Raven could come and start some crap with me.

Then I woke up.
Old 12-23-02, 06:42 PM

Well, I've read the results. The only thing I am saying is "What the hell?" No further comment.
Old 12-23-02, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it should be WTF?! I'm watching it now.
Old 12-23-02, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Any show that doesn't end with HHH gets a from me.

Regardless of how ridiculous...
Old 12-23-02, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
[spoiler]Oh muh gawd, now that was a slobberknocker! Regal got beat like he was a government mule! JR acted as crazy as a pet coon! Jericho ran like a scalded dog! [spoiler]

Now that's rasslin.
Old 12-23-02, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Best Main Event. Ever.
Old 12-23-02, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How much longer will Scott Steiner live with all those steroid pumped into his body? I can't believe how HUGE his arms are.
Old 12-24-02, 01:43 AM

Originally posted by pixyboi
Best Main Event. Ever.
I have to admit, that was entertaining. I was laughing so hard when the Dudley's about dropped J.R. He is one lopsided fool. BBQ Sauce!!!
Old 12-24-02, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by viscera
I have to admit, that was entertaining. I was laughing so hard when the Dudley's about dropped J.R. He is one lopsided fool. BBQ Sauce!!!
William Regal rules the universe. Even so, when he drop the knuks the first thing I thought was "Dude.. JR should grab em and clock him!".. Sure, it was goofy, but it was a lot better than seeing Cripple H go "Oooh GRAAAH grunt grun I am the game graggghh I am ooohooo hooh ohh AAH that damn GOOOOD!"
Old 12-24-02, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, the main event wasn't Funk/Brisco, but it makes up for JR getting his face shoved into Vince's ass last year in Oklahoma.

Booker & Goldust vs. Christian & Jericho was a very good match, and it also had a good story behind it. I like to see a furthering of angles, as they also did when Maven distracted Chris Nowinski in his match against Hurricane.

On a RAW-related note, I am chomping at the bit in anticipation of the 10th Anniversary Show coming up next month. They've supposedly invited many guys who were on the show in the past. I wonder who's going to show up.

Honk!
Old 12-24-02, 12:55 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Since nothing else was on and the footbal game looked like a blowout I decided to turn it on for the first time since the end of summer. When I saw JR was wrestling in the main event I turned the football game back on.
Old 12-26-02, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Santa's Little Helper match
Old 12-26-02, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Da Thrilla
Santa's Little Helper match
Oh yeah.. that was -very- nice. Trish was espeically hot that night, with her haid like she had it..